Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 06:08:28 )

@Pelontrix: I try to get my tone across with ^^ :) :( XP XD
I hope you know those lol

@sunny: Nice to see you around. I hope you didn't mind the ping. ^^

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 17:22:55 )
@Totalanimefan: i'm aware of emojis, they always struck me as a bit weird to use normally since they get associated with like. really old web shit, y'know?
not mocking you or anything, just trying to explain, haha.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 18:02:15 )
    @Totalanimefan: of course not! You can always ping me!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 18:37:38 )

@sunny: Great ^^ Happy first day of March! What are you looking forward to this month?

@Pelontrix: Maybe I'm from the really old part of the internet. lolol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 18:38:55 )
@Totalanimefan: depends on age.

generally speaking, forum sites like this are from the old part of the internet.

i kinda miss when forum sites were more popular and shit.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 18:40:48 )

@Pelontrix: I miss when they were popular too. I felt like it was a better way to get to know people and you could talk about whatever you wanted. Social Media is about showing off and it's been proven that using social media makes people worse off. They feel more negative emotions after scrolling. Plus FB is a cesspool anyway lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 18:42:53 )
@Totalanimefan: god, yeah.

it doesn't help that like. every single social media that isn't a forum site or some small startup is squeaky clean and for advertizers.

best to not dwell on that subject too much.

i don't dare step near twitter because it's full of morons.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 18:43:19 )
    @Totalanimefan: nothing in particular, just the weather improving. Honestly this past week (the war) has really scared me and got me thinking about what I want in life etc. There are health things I want to work on and I'm considering going back to uni. So I have a lot of thinking to do...

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 18:47:48 )

@Pelontrix: Haha twitter is funny to me. It's such a different experience depending on who you follow. I like to follow people that talk about my hobbies. cycling, cities, urban-planning, the Miami Heat basketball team and some rl friends. And I feel like I never run into the morons, but then I see sometimes what is trending and I'm like wow lol

@sunny: Yeah it's super scary! Not gonna lie, it makes me a little bit glad that we decided to live in the US, but also like nukes could hit anywhere on earth, so like there is that. Take your time to think about it. It's a lot to take it. How's the process with IVF going?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 18:49:04 )
@Totalanimefan: i mostly stick around in certain circles.

@sunny: hopefully you can figure out what works best for you soonish.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 18:57:39 )
    @Totalanimefan: it's so scary! Honestly it is all I think about for the last few days. I am literally glued to the news. I miss when all we had to worry about was the pandemic.... I probably need to chill but it is just horrifying :o

The ivf is on hold until I deal with some health problems, don't really want to go into it in public lol. I'm not ill or anything, but I have stuff to deal with. I'll be fine!

@Pelontrix: thank you so much :)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 19:43:31 )

@Pelontrix: If you are going to use twitter, that's the way to do it in my opinion.

@sunny: Honestly the beginning of the pandemic was very horrifying too. We are just a little bit more used to it after 2 years + vaccines. Maybe tell yourself only news updates in the morning and at night? Or just like 2 30 min segments?
That sucks. I hope that it can start moving along again. I know how much you were looking forward to that.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 20:28:14 )
    @Totalanimefan: it was so scary. It seems so long ago as well.... Tbh I am sick of living in "unprecedented" times :vichardsleepy: I'm trying to stay positive tho! How are you doing?

Yes I was really looking forward to it!!! It will still happen, just not yet :)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 20:34:00 )
slides around
i'm not too sure what to say, but hopefully whatever you've planned goes swimmingly.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 20:45:14 )

@sunny: lol me every damn day.
I'm starting my 2nd term today! Yay. I had to wait for the Uni's systems to update for a new term but now I have my classes. I have to write a ton of essays this month, but I know I can do it. ^^
I know how much you were looking forward to it. Luckily it's not off the table yet.

@Pelontrix: Thank you. My plans involve writing an essay today and writing another one tomorrow. Gotta get started on that now. ^^;

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 20:49:31 )
@Totalanimefan: yee haw.

the benefit of my writing is that i am very good at bullshitting.

not so much keeping up with a consistent plot.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/1 21:50:07 )
    @Totalanimefan: oh that’s exciting :) I’m glad you can start the new term and get closer to finishing. It’s amazing how quickly you have gone through the course. I was looking at online uni here, and it would take me 3 years full-time, or 6 years part-time. I think I would choose part time, but it seems like so long!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/2 00:11:57 )

@Pelontrix: Please give me that power. I am not good at that lol. I was about half way done with the essay but then my husband had an important meeting so I had to leave the room that we both work in. I went for a walk and played Pokemon Go outside instead lol. I'm back now but I need to continue working.

@sunny: Yeah that's part of why I choose this school. It's unique in America that I can go this fast as well but honestly it was the only way I wanted to go back to school. I didn't want to spend another 3-6 years on my life in school again. I have 11 classes left. But that does include my dissertation so I'm sure that's going to take at least a month.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/2 00:16:04 )
@Totalanimefan: i don't think my abilities to bullshit work too well for essays, unfortunately.
please ping me for the love of god.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/03/2 00:20:20 )
    @Totalanimefan: honestly I would prefer it like that too. So much quicker!! Do you know what your dissertation will be on yet? Have you thought that far ahead?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.