Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/12 06:59:20 )

@The Bride: that’s good. I did too.
Tonight it’s kind of too warm in my bedroom.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/12 14:55:20 )
@Totalanimefan: I came home last night, and cooked dinner, I had already ate before I got home.
And it didn't take long to fall asleep thankfully.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/12 16:55:06 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, people get really antsy to board and de-board the planes because they want to make sure they get luggage space overhead so they don't have to check their bags (for free, I might add). I enjoyed traveling with my son for this reason--we always got to board earlier because those with small children who might take longer to board were among the first allowed to board lol. We'd always get to check his stroller for free since we used it to get between gates, and then it would usually be ready to go for us right after getting into the terminal.

@SorrowTheMad: I honestly wonder if the housing market will ever calm down. I was listening to a report on NPR the other day about it, and a lot of the argument was that there isn't enough housing to go around for everyone who wants a home instead of an apartment or similar living situation. But with inflation of materials and everything else in the world, it's hard to catch up with the demand lol. The Discord stuff makes sense. How are you today?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/12 22:15:24 )

@The Bride: And now I woke up with a strain in my groin area. It hurts to walk and it's a nice day outside. I was going to enjoy it.

@Aisukohi: That's one perk of having a young kid lol
About the housing thing, it's true. Since the Great Rescission, America has not kept up with the housing demand.
This is just from the 90's but I think it shows what NPR was talking about.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/12 23:03:42 )
@Totalanimefan: that aint fun that your leg hurts, and it is nice out there.

It snowed here all day yesterday, it looked like a blizzard at one point. But it got very cold out last, so there is some glare ice all over the place. But I had to look for valentines day cards for my kid today, and shop.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/13 18:15:57 )
@Totalanimefan: Yeah, he was so easy to travel with back then lol. No idea when we'll get to travel again, but will probably wait until he's at least old enough to be vaccinated. But yeah, there's also a growing trend of older people leaving their homes to go to rental properties. Makes sense, that way they're not in any kind of debt when it's their time to go. I've seen a lot of apartment buildings being built in the area over the years, but not so many new housing developments. When I do see new neighborhoods, they tend to be cookie cutter houses that are practically on top of each other, which is discouraging. Who wants to get to know their neighbors' business that well??? Not me!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/13 20:57:45 )
@Totalanimefan: That sounds really complicated but that's awesome! I'm sure you did awesome at it :D

@Aisukohi: I'm doing good today, and yourself? Yeah I don't honestly know if it will ever calm down but my realtor buddy predicts it will calm down within a year or two. Fingers crossed for that!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/13 21:59:01 )
@SorrowTheMad: I'm pretty good as well. Been working from home getting ready to process payroll this week, while binge watching some stuff as well. Fingers crossed it'll calm down within a year because my lease expires next year and I'd like to move into a house instead of renewing again. xP

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/14 03:50:08 )
@Aisukohi: Glad to hear you're doing well! What are you watching? Just out of curiosity lol. I hope we're all able to move into a home soon if we're not already in one. This is getting a little ridiculous honestly.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/14 16:17:32 )

@SorrowTheMad: thanks. It was a lot of work lol. What did you do this weekend?
@Aisukohi: yeah that’s true. It would be too risky otherwise.
Yeah what’s tough is that a lot of people and businesses are buying homes and using them either as rentals or a place they can put money into to grow value for them. It also doesn’t help that either places are zones for McMansions or condos. But everyone wants those two and there are lots of other types of housing In between. If you look up ‘missing middle housing’ you can see the types or housing and the movements to get more built.
@The Bride: yeah it was strange and it was community day in Pokémon go so I wanted to go outside. Well that weather sucks for you. It did snow here yesterday too but it didn’t stick

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/14 16:17:58 )

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! ❤️

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 04:54:47 )
@SorrowTheMad: I was binge watching the latest season of To Catch a Killer and Criminal Minds. I'd already finished the latter a while back, but decided I'd like to rewatch the series from start to finish. Also started watching RuPaul's Drag Race, which is something I've never watched but been meaning to try. Was a nice break from the seriousness of the first two shows. xD I always have a dozen or so shows that I'm watching at any given time, but those were the ones I chose to binge yesterday. But yeah, I hope you're able to find a home soon as well!!

@Totalanimefan: Yeah this artificial inflation drives me nuts. I'm all for making your money however you can as long as its legal, but at the same time, buying up all these properties just because you can and contributing to the shortage just grinds my gears. And happy Valentine's Day!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/15 17:13:26 )

@Aisukohi: Exactly. People need a place to live. It's a basic necessity.
Happy Valentine's Day. I hope that it was a good one for you :)

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/16 01:55:16 )
@Totalanimefan: On the other hand, you have older kids living with their parents longer because they can't afford to live on their own. I mean, that's gotta count for something, because hopefully they're not putting themselves in undue financial stress.

Thanks, and it was a pretty good day. One of my brothers turned 21, so we went over to my parents' to celebrate. Each had an Angry Orchard, which hit the spot, but those also tend to make me gassy up top. xD

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/17 04:03:33 )

@Totalanimefan: when my students are on spring break I'll finally have some peace and quiet /jk
I'd still have my own classes and projects, so plenty of work to do even without them here

that sounds stressful but also fun asdlkj I enjoy game-ifying learning.
how did your company do? was it successful? is there like, a min-max optimum strategy to 'win' the simulation? IS THERE A HIGH SCORES BOARD??

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/17 04:36:25 )

@Aisukohi: I wish that rent and housing was cheaper. It's really hard for people across the nation right now and it's something we all need.

@Hachi: That sounds rough. When is spring break?
It did very well. We were first in some things and 2nd in others. My overall score was a 4-point-something. I don't know how high that is compared to others. I was making over a million each quarter. I passed that class at the end of last week. This week I've been working on a different class. This is about Change Management and I don't like it. The amount of writing you have to do for it is BS. I'm already 9 pages deep and like 50% done

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/17 05:04:34 )
@Totalanimefan: I did a lot! Got out of the house mostly. I went bowling, hung out with a few friends and played Magic, had drinks and dinner with some friends. It was a lot of fun :D How about you?

@Aisukohi: Very nice! Have you ever watched Dexter? It's my favorite show. I can't remember if I've asked that or not already lol. I also really like(d) Doctor Who up until the last few seasons and finally quit with the new Doctor. I haven't watched RPDR in a long time but it's pretty funny lol. Yeah I definitely need to get my own place soon.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/17 15:32:42 )

@SorrowTheMad: that sounds very nice. This weekend I looked at potentially buying a new place. I’m also viewing a place today. I also have an essay that I need to finish by Friday.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/19 01:03:31 )
@Totalanimefan: I wish it was cheaper too. I feel terrible for those struggling to keep up with rising rent when their wages continue to stay the same. How are your classes going?

@SorrowTheMad: I've never watched Dexter or Doctor Who, but I know a lot of fans of those shows lol. I don't believe you've asked me if I've seen them before, or if you did, I don't remember either. xD I guess for me, my favorite kinds of shows are murder/mystery (Law & Order: SVU, Criminal Minds, Forensic Files, to name a few); animal documentaries (Blue Planet, or anything with David Attenborough narrating xD); and sitcoms (Friends, Grace & Frankie, Scrubs, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Big Bang Theory, Will & Grace). There are some adventure/dramas that I like too, like Vikings, Handmaid's Tale, and Squid Game come to mind. Could write a wall of text of all the other shows I've seen, and not even including anime. xD
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/19 01:45:26 )

@Aisukohi: Yeah my sister is having an awful time trying to afford life. And she and he BF just broke up last month so she moved out.
Her current lease is a 6-month one and she was thinking about moving back to the east coast, but now she isn't sure (She lives in CA). I told her we are getting a 2-bed + Den place later this year and she is free to live in our 2nd bedroom rent-free. However it does mean moving, and she has never lived in DC or anywhere where it can snow. She doesn't want to move back to FL.

I just submitted my LONG-ASS essay about 3 hours ago. So now we wait for it to be graded lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.