Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/9 21:29:14 )

@The Bride: Yeah this is false, but I'm enjoying it while it's happening. It's nice to have a short break from winter. Jan was much colder and snowier than average here.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/9 21:54:26 )
@Totalanimefan: yeah it started to snow little snow bits today.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/9 22:19:25 )

@The Bride: Do you like it when it snows? I think that snow is pretty, but it is a pain to try and travel in.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/9 22:26:52 )
@Totalanimefan: I don't think I finished Andromeda if I remember right. It was a very good series :D Once in a while I think about going back to play through it again.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/9 22:33:45 )

@SorrowTheMad: I don't know if that one counts. XD I just meant one through three lol
My husband just recently replayed it since the remaster came out.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/9 22:49:25 )
@Totalanimefan: I only like a certain type of snow, if it is fluffy snow I love it, along with if it is easy to pack to make things in, or go sledding on. Other snow that turns to ice, or slush right away I don't care so much for. The snow we got today was like little ice balls.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/9 22:56:57 )

@The Bride: Yeah that's the nice kind of snow! Stuff fluffy and it's almost weightless. It's really cool and weird how that works sometimes. icy snow or sleet is just no good. Makes me wish it was just rain lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/9 23:09:01 )
@Totalanimefan: sometimes when we get the ice snow, with the sleet (rain snow mix) it will rain after and make everything glare ice. It isn't much fun then, can't go anywhere in that weather.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/9 23:44:18 )

@The Bride: Yeah it's not safe when all that stuff turns into ice, and you can't always see it either.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/10 00:51:05 )

@Totalanimefan: replying here bc the character limit on profiles is too short to fit both my verbose speech + vreg emojis ALDFJKLDJ

we....... don't get a spring break oof hahaha
I enjoy teaching/training but it's very tiring bc it sucks all of my social energy for the day

how does the simulation class work? do you get simulated employees/clients to work with? can you pick your own type of startup/come up with your own idea for the company?
I never got to do these kinds of projects but they always sounded kind of fun in a creative way asldfkj im sure it's a ton of work tho

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/10 04:26:56 )

@Hachi: hell yeah. I love posting in the forums. Comments are too short sometimes.
What!? No spring break? What will you be doing the week that your students are off?
It’s almost like a game. You have company that sells bikes. You decide which markets to open in from a list (you can do one or all 4), you decide which bike segments to go into, speed, mountain or recreation (1 or all) and within those segments you have to design products and pick what features at what price point.

You have to hire workers, how much will you pay them? What benefits? How many workers? Will you spend the extra money training them?

For marketing what to do you want to say about your product? You pick about 7-9 things from a list of about 30 and pick the order in which they are shown. And you must make an ad for every product you have. Where will you show your adds? Magazines? If so which ones? Which ones are popular which people who ride speed bikes? What about Recreation bikes? Will you do internet ads? Pay for an ad on google?

Will you invest extra money in R&D? Which project? Will you save some money in a CD to earn interest? Is that the best use?

How many of each product will you manufacture? What’s the demand? What if you make too little? What’s the most your factory can produce a day? Do you need to buy another factory to keep up with demand?

Those are pretty much all the things you have yo do each quarter and it’s 6 quarters. Then at the end of each quarter you get your data. You see how well your ads did. How many demand you had for which products in which segments in which markets. You adjust your products, your wages/benefits, maybe open in another new market and do another quarter.

Then I had to write two different essays about how my business did at the end of Q6.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/10 13:37:16 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh yeah, if we're just counting original three then I have :)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/10 20:53:50 )
@Totalanimefan: that is true, I dont like ice at all, and black ice is the worst.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/10 21:51:18 )

@The Bride: Same here. Whenever it's icy I just stay home pretty much no matter what.
@SorrowTheMad: Nice. ^^ How's your week been?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 00:07:11 )
@Totalanimefan: it got really cold out tonight and there is glare ice on my front stairs, and sidewalk. Glad I am inside, I am trying to warm up after being outside

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 02:12:24 )
@Totalanimefan: Been pretty good so far. :D How about yours?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 19:30:02 )

@The Bride: Warm up good! Maybe make some hot chocolate.

@SorrowTheMad: It's been good for me. I finished an essay for school and the weather has been nice here this week so I'm trying to enjoy this false spring before we have snow again on Sunday.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 22:03:12 )
@Totalanimefan: Glad to hear you're well, and that the weather is nice for a little bit. It's been crazy cold today because of the wind. That's pretty cool, what was the essay about? :D

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/11 23:46:15 )

@SorrowTheMad: It was for a class where I had to do a business simulation. I was the CEO of a start up but I did all of the departments like HR, Production, Management, Marketing, etc. Then after running my business for 6 quarters, I had to write two essays on what I did, and then what I would do for quarters 7-9 if I had the chance.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/12 02:59:11 )
@Totalanimefan: I ended up falling asleep last night.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.