Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 18:06:54 )
@Wildfire: We had some friction with our roommates. I don't do well with confrontation and it was a personal situation, not a rent or house issue. e.e"
I said something out of place and the ire sat on my shoulders.
So, I apologized and after I had an anxiety attack [in private], I re-evaluated my relationship with my housemates. Realized that I have enjoyed having friends living with me, however, we don't have separate lives right now. So I need to work on myself and step back from their problems. I like that I am trusted enough with their venting and whatnot, but it's a lot.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 18:07:18 )
@jupiter: your avatar is lovely. <3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 18:21:24 )
@Koah: Thank you, that's very sweet of you. I like yours, too; it's very regal and mysterious!
I'm sorry to hear you were having some difficulty with your house mates, but it's good that you're realizing you can't be a sound board for their woes all the time. Some people feel like they can't turn someone down when they want to vent, but the edge of that is that it can be a burden to them as well.

@Wildfire: Ah, I see. The exam is part of a larger process of becoming an attorney in the state.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 18:25:04 )
@Koah: Ahhh... yeah, that can be tough. I'm glad you realized what's going on - awareness can make a world of difference in how you deal with a situation! Good luck :3

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 18:26:05 )
@jupiter: Ahh! Interesting. So are you currently in school for law, or just trying to get certified for some particular aspect of practice?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 18:33:16 )
@Wildfire: Thankfully I finished school a few months ago, and then took the bar at the end of July. The exams are just to be certified with the state, and then [ideally] you would work with a firm in a discipline you were interested in.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 18:35:41 )
@jupiter: Gotcha. So this is another step to get a job, basically XD Do you know what you want to focus on?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 18:47:08 )
@Wildfire: Sort of, yes, hahaha. I could get a job now, but it's kind of like trying to use the trial version of something for a big project; I can do some basic functions, but the essentials of being a lawyer (i.e., giving advice) are off limits until the state gives me the green light.

I'm not entirely sure, but I tend to gravitate more towards transactional things--contracts, corporate law, things that are considered more tedious and unglamorous. I have never had an interest in being in a courtroom, and there's no chance in hell that I'd be caught doing family law; it's so messy!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 18:50:59 )
@jupiter: I offered to be a soundboard since their problems are relatable and I no longer have those problems. But you are correct. <3 I got in over my head. I have a couple living with us and they struggled like my husband and I used to. I made it clear I won't provide advice unless they ask. Their venting needed advice the other night and it was uncalled for. <.< which pissed of one and the other got angry about it. holy cow. yessum. I'm stepping back and centering myself before I spend time with them again.
My lady roommate is texting me today, just casual conversation- it's a hint that she's not angry anymore and might be a sign she doesn't want me stepping back too far.
I gotta do what's best for me for a bit.

@Wildfire: Thank you for the luck. <3 I'll need it.

I'm off to the park with my kids, so I'm disappearing.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 19:08:43 )
@jupiter: Gotcha. So it's more of a final step before you can "really" practice. :3 I don't blame you for not wanting to do family law - all the drama would be... a lot!! There's nothing wrong with going in to an "unglamorous" specialty! As long as you enjoy what you're doing (and contributing to the benefit of humanity), it's all good :3

@Koah: Have fun at the park!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 23:10:49 )
@Wildfire: successful park time! yay!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/24 23:30:32 )
@Koah: Yay! LOL!
So the kids had fun?
Did you have fun?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 02:19:15 )

@Wildfire: Your avatar looks super cute! How have you been?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 12:52:06 )
@Totalanimefan: Hey Total - aren't you just rainbow-rific?! <3
I'm doing ok, thanks. How are you? What have you been up to lately?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 12:53:17 )

Good morning everyone. I hope that whatever the specifics are, that you have a good day today!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 15:02:01 )

I got woke up at about one something this morning by Sad Dog being creepy. Started to feel pressure on my bed, like when someone is climbing into the bed with you. Startled awake to see Sad Dog slowly sneaking up to me for cuddles.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 15:04:52 )
Awwww... that's cute when they do that! I'm sorry it woke you up, though. How are you doing today?

Our dog does that too - he'll just sit at the side of the bed as we're settling in, staring at us with those big sad eyes of his. And at some point he'll just up and settle himself- usually right between us! XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 15:06:10 )

It was so cute. But for a minute it was scary, since I was like half awake when he did it.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 15:31:52 )

@Wildfire: Thanks! I thought that I would go with this fun avatar. Actually I've been busy studying a lot and prepping to become a student again. I start on the 1st. The foundation of my house got repaired this month. It was not in a good state. My house was sinking on one side, one side of my house had no support and they found the last person just using temporary beams to support the house. Which where wood.....
So got that squared away.
What's up with you?

@Another Movie Addict Hey! I feel like it's been awhile since we chatted? How are you?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/25 15:32:31 )

@Totalanimefan: I'm mildly sick lol.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.