Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 13:47:23 )
(had to walk the dogs)

That makes sense. It's unfortunate that one or two always seem to ruin things for everyone else, but...

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 15:39:56 )

@Wildfire: Honestly I've been super bored recently, nothing holds my interest. I think my depression is trying to squash me again, and I haven't done great on taking my meds recently so that's not helping. Trying to get that under control!

I also started a dream journal recently but I haven't been writing in it because when it comes down to it I can't motivate myself to do so. Working on that too!

How are you doing?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 15:54:33 )
@CooperationIsKey: I'm hanging in there, thanks.
Priority: Take meds regularly. It always amazes me how easy it can be, sometimes, to not be consistent about that, but also how dramatic a difference it can make... and how quickly! I do understand, and I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a phase like that (I have them too and I'm still not sure why). Journaling can be fun - especially dream journals! It sounds like Minecraft held your interest for a while. What else do you enjoy doing just for the sake of doing it?? Maybe you can do that and it will help shake you out of the unmotivated phase??

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 19:36:32 )

Yeah, I've been needing to get to walgreens to get a couple more pill sorters; I'm going to start sorting my bills a full month at a time because otherwise I put off refilling and end up not taking my meds for like a couple weeks at a time which is... not ideal. XP And thanks; depression just be like that I guess. Doesn't help that my roommate recently found out she's got a mass in her brain and it's freaking her out (understandably) which in turn is freaking me out.

Minecraft is fun, but I have long spans between ideas for building lately. I finally started on the volcano I wanted to build though!

I enjoy so much stuff, but lately nothing holds my interest. I know that's a symptom of depression so I just keep trying to keep myself occupied (but it's also why I've been sleeping too much). I need to repot some of my plants so I might work on that today. They've been a little bit neglected recently.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 22:02:08 )
@CooperationIsKey: yeah, why is it so hard to just refill your sorters when the week is out? I don't know, but I run in to that too for my supplements.

Oh no! That's... pretty horrible, actually, for your roommate! I hope things work out well for her.

At least you're recognizing the symptoms and know what it is... and know what you can do about it, so that's all good :3

Plants - yeah, I have some that need some attention and repotting too - assuming they're not all completely drowned by now with all the rain we've been getting the last few days!!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/13 22:51:15 )

@Wildfire: Oh someone who understands the struggle with pill sorters, hallelujah! I really more and more think I have adhd; the more I hear about it the more it seems to fit me. XD

Yeah, but she's trying to be on top of it, calling doctors and making appointments and stuff. This comes right before a scheduled and long-coming vacation for her, too, so we're hoping she doesn't have to cancel to take care of this.

Yeah I need to repot my ZZ Plant, I need to trim my Wandering Dude and replant the trimmings to help fill in the plant (it grew like crazy from a tiny cutting, I'm so proud!), my Marble Queen Pothos needs a bigger pot I think, plus a moss pole to climb. Plus I have a bunch of baby succulents I want to pop in one of my vacant pots.

I love my plants and feel really bad that I haven't been taking great care of them; thank goodness most of them are troopers!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 11:33:48 )

@Ava: Hey that's awesome! Good luck! :D

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 13:39:50 )
@CooperationIsKey: yeah, pill sorters are both a help, and an annoyance sometimes.
You're making me think I'm really ignoring my plants - lol! (but I am XD )

@Ava: That sounds awesome, Ava - I hope the audition works out well for you. One step at a time, though - first, audition. Then, if you get the part, figure out what you're going to do with Pea :3 ... but it's good that you're thinking ahead and figuring out your options!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 13:40:52 )

good morning everyone.

what do you have planned for today? - it's Saturday!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 14:02:37 )

GAH!! I went to Walgreens last night and forgot to get the extra pill sorters! Omg I'm a moron. XD

My plans... mostly I have planned to prune my increasingly fabulous Wandering Dude plant and repot to the trimmings to help fill out the plant... might repot my ZZ Plant if I get ambitious. Also I need to vacuum (ew).

What about you? o3o

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 14:04:19 )

My plans are work, read something at work, get home and watch something, go to bed to do it all again tomorrow. lol

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 14:52:35 )

Hello everyone! My plans are taking care of my aunt's dogs, and then go to work tomorrow. Maybe catch a few zzzs.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 15:33:27 )

I got the vacuuming done! Including extra thoroughly around the roommate's birdcage, that she never properly cleans, that I know our current moth problem came from. :I

I'm now pooped and I have a headache. I hate vacuuming. I hate carpet. Give me tile and wood floors any day.

I still wanna take care of at least one plant today.

That reminds me, this month's crate items?? *chef's kiss* I love the plants so much! I need to get a second one so I can have all the plants around me. :D

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 16:38:56 )
@CooperationIsKey: I took my dogs on a really long walk this morning, made a couple of phone calls, and now I'm about to run out real quick to pick up a couple of things. Beyond that, I'm tired.
I'm sorry to hear you forgot to pick up another pill sorter or two. Maybe next time? Or maybe it's not an idea that's meant to be...?
Congrats on vacuuming, and good luck getting to the plant(s)!

@Another Movie Addict: lol - you have your days down to a science, don't you? XD

@LordVehk: well hello! It sounds like you have a relatively enjoyable day planned! :3

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 16:40:25 )

@Wildfire: Yes I do.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 16:43:02 )
lol. Not a surprise! XD
Whatever works, though, right?

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 18:10:29 )

@Wildfire: Aw, I'll bet the doggos loved that! And yeah, I was so pooped after vacuuming I passed out for a good hour. I felt soooo much better when I woke up, though!

Haha, thanks, I've been putting off the vacuuming. And I think I'll work on the plant now that I've had lunch! :D

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 18:48:30 )
@CooperationIsKey: Yeah, the dogs enjoyed the long walk - they wanted to keep exploring! I wanted to make sure they got at least one good long walk in before "Fred" starts affecting us - especially since they really hate (are terrified of) storms!

Congrats on getting the vacuuming done, the nap and on feeling better! Good luck with the plants!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 20:12:56 )

Unfortunately its a lot more work then it seems XD. One of the dogs is really hyperactive.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/14 20:16:36 )

@Wildfire: Oh that's a good point, god, at least with the 'routine' storms you get enough breaks to take the dogs out to do their business, lol. With a tropical storm, or at least like the last one which this one seems to be following, it's like "okay, it's been raining for 7 hours and the dog refuses to go out in the rain. Great."

Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.