Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Why are office supplies fun?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 23:50:00 )

Who doesn't love a new notebook, some nice pens and colorful highlighters. But why do they invoke joy?
Please tell me why and also share your favorite supplies!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/17 23:56:23 )

I bought a planner today Isn't it pretty?!
I got some cool Japanese highlighters by the brand Midliner. If you ever see these in real life get them lol. Stencils are pretty cool! I got one of these today. It's called a Midori Clip Ruler(but it has stencils in it)
And I got a green notebook with really smooth paper. I don't know what brand it is, but it's a joy to write on. There isn't any branding on the front of it.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 00:01:12 )

@koneko: That's true. They are fun and useful. :)
Oh please share! I haven't been to a Target since May lol. I haven't seen what cute stuff they have. I got my stuff at a local store that's about 4 blocks away from me.

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 00:13:56 )
@totalanimefan: I love stationary stuffs and my best yet is my smol oddish plush 15cm (sitting oddish up to tip of the leaves)

The best thing about it is that its staring at me back xD write on diary number 1532432: My plant is still staring at me. it creepy.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 00:16:48 )

@Kairu: That sounds so cute! Do you have a pic or an online link? I love oddish.
Do you write in a diary often?

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 00:28:59 )
@Totalanimefan:

lol at my calendar of the doggo posing as "shut up and take my money meme"

i dont always write a diary. I want to start keeping it up tho xD
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 00:34:19 )

Oh office supplies are a weakness of mine, hahaha. Especially pens and pencils. I have lots of novelty pens and a few neat pencils as well. I have a gel pen collection that numbers over 100, that I keep in a big ol' case. I have a similarly huge colored pencil collection but I don't have a pic of that.

I also recently got kinda obsessed with Moleskine brand journals and I have three of them currently--one for my recipes, one is a sketchbook, and one for my dream journal. I decorate them with stickers and have started adding charms to the bookmark strings, too.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 16:12:35 )

me here trying to resist buying something every time i go to muji

internal monologue of
    i want this
    do i need this
    i have so many unused pens and notebooks at home
    no
    i don't need this
    but damn i want it

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 17:10:02 )

@pachi: I feel that EVERY TIME I go to Muji. So cute, want new stuff, must buy.

@CooperationIsKey: Those pens and pencils are soo cute!! In the 90's I was the kid that collected gel pens! I loved collecting them. I had over 100! But then they dried out, and I wasn't into them by high school.
I put stickers on my new green notebook! Just cute flower ones from the planner. haha. You are making me want multiple notebooks! Yours are nice and I like the stickers.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 17:10:33 )

@Kairu: Aw that's so cute! Also I see my signature in the background. I'm famous now lol

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 18:52:12 )

Speaking of stationery, I just got ID'd while buying a Sharpie!! Crazy!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 19:16:17 )

@Totalanimefan:
Tbh these will probably dry out before I use them up but the price was good on them and I couldn't resist. I had meant to use them during the 100 Days of Art challenge I take part in each year but I never did, oops.

I love decorating my notebooks, it's fun. :D

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 19:49:20 )

@sunny: OMG What? Why tho? lol
I feel like you are a person that would have nice writing supplies. What do you like to use? (Or are you all digital?)

@CooperationIsKey: Wow that's cool. And to be fair mine were like 8 years old or something like that when they were no good, and only about half were no good. So you got time.
Now I kinda wish I could have gotten more stickers at Otakon, but the place where I bought my supplies yesterday has stickers too. So I can just buy some there. They had an cartoonish upset looking tabby cat that was super cute. And they had one of a lizard.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 20:20:23 )

@Totalanimefan: I think it’s because of the solvent content? Idk! It was a shock to me lmao. Like, I got them from the back to school section, a section that is specifically for children. LOL.

I am pretty much 100% digital, though I do keep a nice collection of supplies. I like Mildliners, like you mentioned, and I write with a Pentel Energel pen. I also like Stabilo fine liners. I have a bunch of them in rainbow, since I utilise a rainbow system to organise my novel notes etc. But mostly I am digital!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 20:20:51 )

@Totalanimefan: Lol, that's fair.

Yes, all the stickers! I love stickers. I didn't even mention those; I have a collection of stickers as well!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/18 21:56:16 )

@sunny: No Sharpies for them lol.
Oh you know about mildliners too? I'm in love with them. I want more already lol. What colors do you have? I think I've heard of Pentel Energy pen. I don't know about Stablio ones. Are they nice?

@CooperationIsKey: I love stickers so much. When I was little it was the first thing I ever collected. I had a big mirror and I would put stickers all over them,. Then as I got older, I wouldn't want to peel the stickers off of the sticker set. I thought that it looked nicer all together, and then I fell out of collecting them because I would never use them lolol

Voltie — They/He Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/19 00:16:17 )
Should they keep it on display...

I lowkey have a stationery addiction. Many unused notebooks and too many pens and markers for my containers

Or redecorate?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/19 01:05:09 )

Illusion of productivity.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/19 01:59:10 )

@Totalanimefan: I used to have tons and tons of Lisa Frank stickers (among others), and in recent years I've seen those suckers go for ridiculous amounts on eBay. Kinda jealous I don't still have them though I'm not sure I'd be able to bring myself to sell them anyway, lol.

Please ping me!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/19 17:07:31 )

@Anarchist Beauty: I like the way you think lol
@MaxIsConfused: Do you have a favorite brand? Do you want to share your collection with us?
@CooperationIsKey: Those are so beautiful. I always loved that look growing up. I'm going to change my avatar to the Lisa Frank inspired one I made a while ago. I think I saved it.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.