Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG ┤▒├ WRRECT ┤▒├ come chat any time! ┤▒├ games, art, prizes, discussion...

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 21:50:16 )
@sunny: Hey Sunny!
That's a nice thought! <3

It's interesting that all of us are thinking in terms of housing ...

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 21:52:01 )

@Wildfire: Hey! I think housing is a big thing because a lot of us these days are experiencing housing insecurity. We just wanna be secure lol. I mean I am in a relatively secure and privileged position with regards to housing but it would be nice to get a specially adapted house for my mum, one that we didn't have to pay rent for etc.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 21:57:40 )

"You've had too much of the digital love -

Is it too much to ask for a boundary to be respected? Sighs. I want to move away more and more.

You want everything live, you want things you can touch."

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 21:58:25 )
@sunny: Yes, I understand and I agree. I think most of us just want to have some level of security and it's... pretty insecure these days for a lot of us. It's disappointing and scary!

@0v7: Oh No! What happened now, Seb? :(

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 21:59:39 )

@Wildfire: I told my grandfather to keep it down volume wise, and he is being a jerk about it - treating my needs as something annoying.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 22:00:16 )

@Wildfire: Yep, it's a scary world out there :/ how are you otherwise?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 22:07:16 )
@0v7: I'm sorry Seb. :( Is he hard of hearing? Could you maybe suggest putting on subtitles to help him understand whatever he's watching but keeping the volume lower??

@sunny: Yes it is - or it can be, anyway. But that doesn't mean we should stop living or be afraid of every little thing either.
I'm fine, thanks. I'm trying to get things done but am just... stumbling. Or it feels like it right now, anyway.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 22:10:03 )

@Wildfire: Yes you're right :) it took me a long time and a lot of work to feel that way about the world :) I'm sorry you feel like you're stumbling! It happens some times. Take it easy :)

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 22:11:08 )

@Wildfire: It's not that - he's being loud by riling up my cousins and making them yell, and then acting like I'm the one causing problems.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 22:15:12 )
@sunny: It's easy to withdraw from the scary things in the world and try to play it "safe" but all you're really doing is limiting yourself and your experiences... for absolutely no guarantee that whatever you're doing is going to keep you safe. People need to get out there an actually Live!! ... well, that's my perspective, anyway.

Thanks. Some of what I'm in the middle of is that initial "trying to start" something weirdness, which can sometimes go slow (like now, for me). Once I get going, it might take time to execute, but I'll be making progress... You know - that whole creative process weirdness thing! XD

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 22:16:07 )
@0v7: OH! And here I was thinking it was something semi-mundane! That's no fun Seb!! Can you just remove yourself from the chaos??

Voltie — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 22:18:27 )

@Wildfire: The house is so small that I can't. There's nothing I can really do other than stay in my room and play loud music. Thank you for listening to me, by the way.. It means a lot to me.

I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 22:19:03 )

@Wildfire: That's true. I find snow calming to look at and it does make me lazy and just bundle up with my blankets more... Which I am right now lol. But I want to take a short walk once all of this snow settle down.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 22:25:18 )
@0v7: a door and headphones can go a long way sometimes! And it may not solve the underlying situation or issues, but it might bring you some level of solace and peace <3 And of course I'll listen to you! <3

@Purpsy: I understand. I'd probably be doing the same thing if I were in a place where it snows. Enjoy the quiet and the snow, once it settles!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 22:31:06 )

@Wildfire: Oh I knnow that feeling for sure! It's such an annoying feeling. I hope you can make some progress soon!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 22:35:23 )
@sunny: Thank you. I know it's part of the creative process, but gawd it can be annoying sometimes - lol! And today is one of those days that every time I look at the clock or my watch I'm surprised that it's "only" X:xx - it has felt about 2-3 hours later than the actual time all day! It's not helping any - lol!! I'll get through it. I always have. It's just that question of whether or not to try to push through it or just give it up for the day... and sometimes that can be a tough call!!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 22:40:27 )

@Wildfire: I usually give up if the creative process is being difficult. There are always more days to get it right! If the inspiration isn't flowing, I figure that's my brain's way of telling me to do something different for a while. But a lot of people force themselves to carry on and power through it. There is no wrong or right way to do it.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 22:43:59 )
@sunny: Yes, that's how I usually approach it as well. But I'm dealing with a deadline that I'm a little apprehensive about making, which is making me want to push through a little bit. The other option for me right now is to change to another idea and try pursuing that instead of the one I'm currently trying to deal with. -shrugs- It'll work out. I've been doing these creative loop-de-loos long enough to know how it usually plays out, but it's often a good thing just to be able to talk with somebody who understands the process!! <3

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 22:52:06 )

@Wildfire: oh if a deadline is involved then it's a different story. I'm glad I could help, though I know nothing about actual art I do understand the general process.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/22 22:55:48 )
@sunny: the creative process is the same whether writing or art or other avenues. The fact that you understand that alone goes a long way <3 (I write as well as do various forms of visual creative expression - the overall process is the same)

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.