Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2020: TTLG Is this your first Voltra event?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 03:03:32 )

@MoodyBats: You were once staff on Voltra? I didn't know that. What did you do?
@xvz: Maybe you can talk yourself you are going for at least a 10 min walk every day that it's not raining? I got iced raspberry oolong. It's so freaking good. It doesn't even have sugar in it but it doesn't need it. I do like hot drinks, including hot tea, but if I'm really thirsty I want a cold drink that I can drink quickly and quench that thirst.
@spinda: I miss remembered ^^; Sorry. lolol I said I was going to stay off too, but I'm watching The Washington Post's live stream on Youtube. I like them. They aren't inflammatory and they are good at explaining things too. Where are you getting your updates?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 03:04:08 )

@Totalanimefan: yesh I will do that. Or well, talk about video games or whatever. We don't talk about the electoral college. That is what I call "inviting trouble".

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 03:06:45 )

@Vixen: I can respect your wishes to not want to talk about a certain topic. It's just that it's election night so most are chatting about it lol.
I remember you saying that you like MMOs right? I'm no good at those but they are really interesting. I did play Gaia Online's MMO back in the day and I really loved it. I don't know if you ever played that one.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 03:15:40 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm honestly avoiding most updates. I got a few local ones when I talked to my mom earlier, but I've been getting most through AP tweets or bots that retweet AP tweets (notably the BBC UWU bot which is horrible, but makes me laugh and god I need to laugh tonight)
kody / 23 / they

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 03:19:43 )

@spinda: I need a laugh tonight. I won't give you any updates either.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 03:29:30 )

@Totalanimefan: Yep everyone's talking about it and that's why I don't want to lol I'm sure to have some opinions though as results come in.
Yes I played zOmg back in the day! I never beat the sea boss though :( I had met a rando who tried to kill it with me and we were so close but no win

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 03:35:23 )

@Vixen: The beach area was so hard for me! I kinda only got to that point and then I stopped playing in Gaia. The first few areas I played with a friend in real life when I would have sleep overs at her house. I would do the papa saw/buzzsaw boss a lot for fun.
Which games do you play now? I know you told me but I don't remember lol sorry.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 04:06:28 )

@Totalanimefan: Ah I think my favorite was the haunted doll area (level 3 I think?? honestly don't remember). I play Lord of the Rings Online now for MMORPG and Overwatch for competitive. Some Diablo as well.

Voltie — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 04:09:29 )

This isn't my first event.
I don't remember what my first was.

please @ me if you want a response
art by blinkini

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 04:12:26 )

@Vixen: That place was really great. I loved the vibe. I didn't know that Lord of the Rings had an MMO. I know about Overwatch and Diablo. My husband has played a little overwatch. We both play video games but nothing that's an MMO. Lately I've just been playing on my Switch to get away.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 04:12:51 )

@decomposer: Hey nice to see you! Will you be around for this event?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 04:41:38 )

@Totalanimefan: There is an old one that can only make content on the Lord of the Rings books, but nothing that was exclusively mentioned outside of it. It's my first "real" video game and I still play it now all those years later lol. There's apparently a new LOTR MMO in the works though by another studio. MMOs had a lot of things similar to real life that I couldn't really do in real life, so it was an interesting substitute for me. But they're huge time sinks if you play them in their full capacity... which is why I play it fully immersed for several months and then disappear for years LOL

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 04:46:35 )

@Vixen: Huh TIL. When is the next LOTR game going to be out by that new studio? Will it be PC only?
I've had friends that played WoW in the 2000's and it's honestly amazing how much time it takes if you want to be any good. Even Gaia's took a ton of hours to get through. Do you feel like all MMOs take the same amount of time to be good at them?

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 05:35:29 )

@Totalanimefan: aww I wanna visit a city with REALLY GOOD public transit maybe DC will be my next trip after the world stops burning down
haha there are things I really like about ca and things I don't like about it. the wildfires in recent years have been really stressful. I feel like I want a change of scenery but I might miss some things that I'm taking for granted here.

I really wanted to get some work done tonight but im too distracted ALDKFJ

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 06:04:56 )

My mmorpg is wow. XD

My other games are all over the place

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 06:13:20 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@xvz: it wasn't last year.
it was 2-3 years ago i think??
events regardless are a little tough on me cause i have bad feelings during events
from that time. but still trying to enjoy them as much as possible.

@Totalanimefan: i pretty much quit before anyone could remember lol.
I was part of staff when the site was in early testing.
i was a writer. i was only on staff for 3 months.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 06:17:16 )

@Totalanimefan: Haven't the slightest clue. I heard the rights were bought by Amazon's gaming studio, and at best, they would be in early development stages.

Well, it depends on what you consider "good" in a MMO. Like if you want to do end game high tier raiding, yeah, it's a huge time sink in basically every MMO, especially if you level a character from scratch in a game that has more than a decade's worth of content. Some games have level boosts, but unless you're really good about your homework, chances are you don't know the ins and outs of the class to be even remotely useful in a group setting. But competitive raiding is such a niche thing. (And specifically for LOTRO, that game has a huge focus on explorational PvE, and decidedly less focus on mechanics of complex raiding or PvP that WoW and FF14 have). Plenty of people play casually for the story (and in LOTRO's case, exploring Tolkien's world that was only touched on in appendices/movies etc). I wouldn't take a random person on a raid of any sort though because if one person is enough to wipe, that's at least 11-23 other people's time wasted.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 06:31:05 )

@Hachi: Yeah come to DC! I first visited in 2017 and fell in love with this place.
I lived in CA for 5 years. I can't stand wildfire season. I lived by the bay area and it was just getting worse and worse each year. It is nice to live in a blue state (Not that I don't, but I'm just saying) and it's nice that plastic bags are banned. I hate plastic bags. lol

@MoodyBats: Oh I see. That's cool. I didn't know that. Did you work on the first Voltra event?

@Vixen: Amazon gaming studio? Are they any good? I wouldn't trust that amazon would make good video games. What kind of person are you when you play LOTR MMO, more hardcore or you just play cause it's LOTR?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 06:42:38 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: Sorta but i don't think it was a big part.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/4 06:48:25 )

@Totalanimefan: Haven't the slightest clue. I'm not sure if it's new or something they acquired. I assume it's because they had acquired Twitch and it doesn't make sense to not start looking into game development. Tbh, big companies often have their internal versions of everything if they're exploring new market spaces anyway. They can end up poaching good talent... so you don't really know til the demos come out.

I do both. At the core, I enjoy exploring the Tolkien world visually. I do a niche thing in the game called "outfitting" which is basically dressing up your character, but one of the things that enable me to dress up in creative ways is owning lots of gear pieces... but to have lots of armour pieces, you have to very thoroughly explore the game, from quests to crafting to deeding to raiding. Raid-exclusive drops usually have some really nice appearances I like collecting. As time went on, I enjoy raiding for it's own sake (group content, tactics + strategizing etc), rather than a means to an end (loot). My server is basically a party server anyway, so comparatively I'm more-than-casual to them, but compared to hardcore raiders, I'm just a filthy casual lol

please @ me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.