Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My Dumb Butt

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/23 15:14:00 )

@Count Trashula: you can always hang out with me in my charity thread!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/23 15:14:47 )

@blinkini: the Nintendo online sub is $20 a year.
Drama is hard. Are you doing ok while dealing with it?

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/23 17:21:17 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@blinkini: i just lack concentration and energy. i dont really have other hobbies outside of art. Art is all i do lol. but chores and rl responsibilities take over my life. and stress.

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/10/23 23:59:53 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@blinkini: aw tysm!! i did a small project following a video tutorial to get the basics down (single stitch, double crochet), it was honestly so hard lol, i've always respected ppl who crochet but now i respect it even more omg ... like there's math, visualizing stuff in 3d space, and like so much hand eye coordination skills too ... and patience !
i still haven't figured out how to read patterns quite yet but i'm gonna keep trying until i can get there!!
how long have you been crocheting for?
also i'd love to see ur pokemon and shark projects if you have any pictures you'd be willing to share!! (no pressure ofc) - they sound really cute

also re: practicing hobbies, i like to think of hobbies as waves that ebb and flow!! and i just ride whatever waves are rising and not worry or stress about the ones that aren't bc i expect them to come back w time :3

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

Donator — She/ her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/29 18:27:49 )
I swear this is me daily. I work from home and crochet/ draw to make ends meet past that and it is always a game of refreshing tabs to see if I have some new exciting news. Lol.

Donator — pancake Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 23:30:10 )
Sorry for the late responses. This week has been hectic with the weather and our dryer breaking and getting a huge order and finally setting up my etsy shop. :vanora_cry:

@Totalanimefan: I'll probably do that this next week. :]
I keep hoping that a halloween event will start, but I'm beginning to give up hope.
Eh... I don't really have anyone to vent to, so I'm trying to figure out how to deal with everything.
Like, I've always been the person that people feel comfortable talking to, so I keep getting to hear everyone's thoughts and trying to help them deal with it all, and I know that it's weighing them down so I don't want to make things worse by talking about how it's all affecting me, as well. =/

@MoodyBats: 100% me with crocheting, right now. Lol.
Back before I learned how to crochet all I had was the internet and drawing. Now I crochet a lot and barely draw.
It definitely takes it's toll on your skill level. :vanora_sweat:

@xvz: Dude, right? Like, I never really thought about it before I learned, but when I saw something crocheted or knitted I just assumed that it was too difficult and I could never make something so neat.
I've been crocheting for about seven years now and I can only read written patterns. Charts are just so scary that my brain refuses to figure it out. D;
I don't have pictures of any of them, beyond what is on the first page of the thread. But I'll be taking pictures sometime next week, after I finish everything for the pokemon order.

@PhotogenicPhish: Same. Just, everything. Same. Lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/30 23:46:10 )

@blinkini: I would love for the event to start. I'm thinking it's going to start tomorrow thought. I think I heard the staff say it will mostly run in Nov. I guess that's a bit easier since most people are busy for Halloween vs after. I wish it would start now T_T
It's hard to listen to people vent when you are so close to breaking down yourself. I feel that.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 00:43:01 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@blinkini: there isn't much other hobbies i can really get into
since even hobbies cost money
and art is really all I want to do. as for me art really isn't a hobby but
turning it into a profession.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 01:24:33 )
I'm doing the same thing except I'm watching among us videos

Donator — pancake Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 05:40:10 )
@Totalanimefan: Same. I was anticipating it starting on the 28th or 29th. I just want more Halloween items so badly. D;
That and the new order is 12 things and it's so much and I'm still finishing up the last order... I'm worried I won't have enough time for an event.
It is a little stressful, but I love all of them and I just want them to be happy.

@MoodyBats: You right.
Hobbies that are cheap even end up costing an arm and a leg in the long run.
Are you getting a lot of commissions?

@Purpsy: Aw man, yas~
I just want to watch all the peeps playing among us, but I'm so far behind on Unus Annus and there are only 14 days left.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 05:44:10 )

@blinkini: I was mostly watching Offline TV for among us and is still watching lol

Donator — pancake Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 05:55:02 )
@Purpsy: I'd never heard of offlinetv before, but after a quick google search I discovered that's who I've been seeing a lot of. Lol.
I watch a lot of Markiplier, Jacksepticeye, Game Grumps and their friends and affiliates.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 07:47:58 )

@blinkini: I never knew Offline TV too until I saw Ze or Jackcepticeye play among us with them xD
Among Us got me into watching gaming vids again although I long forgotten my twitch acc rip

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 17:57:53 )

@blinkini: I was hoping it would start then too. I guess they just needed more time. Normally they go all out with this one.
Don’t worry about trying to get all the items if you don’t have time. I’ll get you an event set. You can also try to earn some for yourself but don’t stress :) just enjoy the event when it’s here.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/10/31 19:04:39 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@blinkini: Nope. only my friend has.
but eventually i will... maybe lol. :vanora_sweat:

probably improving anatomy and coloring might help

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 02:25:27 )

@blinkini: oh my gosh i hope ur dryer is ok now, that sounds like a major headache! congrats on the etsy shop and order tho ^0^ what's the order for?

i must have missed the first page photos post!! i went back to look, the unowns look so big!! :0 the cat+jigglypuff pic is <3 lol
how much polyfill / stuffing do u usually use?? i have hard time figuring out what a good amount is, i feel like i'm always under or over stuffing
do u fluff out the polyfill before u use it or anything?

also happy halloween~ ^^

@purpsy: omg a few weeks ago i started watching among us videos on youtube and found that group!
sykkuno reminds me of an irl anime character Lol
corpse is my favorite though i think! i like rae and poki as well
(i realize none of these ppl are technically part of offline haha but they do play w them a lot!)

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 16:38:49 )

@xvz: The first I've known first is Toast then Sykkuno but yes he is such an innocent cinnamon roll I love watching his vids the most xD
Plus I ship Sykkuno and Corpse so hard but not romantically. I just adore their friendship :3

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 19:46:34 )

@purpsy: lool yeah i find his energy to be kind of relaxing
did u see that he got his credit cards frozen from genshin ... lol

i try to remind myself streamers are just ppl at the end of the day so i try not to like, put anyone on a pedestal or anything
sykkuno and corpse are so cute together! i remember them both mentioning that it's hard for them to make friends so it is kind of warming to see ppl get to meet new ppl and have fun together through the game ^^

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/1 21:05:54 )

@xvz: Hmm I never heard of that but I did heard something similar on one of his streams but I could be wrong.
Yeah he has that nice energy around him so maybe that's why Corpse likes him. I heard he struggles with anxiety but is nice he's surrounded with good friends. I was dying with him when he keeps failing the card swipe on among us x'D

Yeah that's something all fans should be aware of and even to myself. Which makes me wary of shipping real people because it can end badly to the person and the fans.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 04:55:29 )

@purpsy: loool yes i remember the card swipe! so funny, it must be even harder when everyone's watching lolol

and yeah i think it's p interesting since streaming (and i guess vlogging/youtube/influencers in general?) is relatively new as like, a cultural phenomenon
so it's not clear yet like, what kind of behaviors are "healthy" / "good"/"bad" or not ?
i know i'm just one person and if i watch a streamer for a while, i start to feel like i "know" them ... so i can only imagine other ppl watching who might get like more intense about it for example ?
like it's weird to think about like... real life ppl's interactions being "lore" lol
it'll be interesting to see how streaming evolves imo :0 like it's already starting to expand beyond just gaming culture i think?

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.