Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My Dumb Butt

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 05:14:02 )

@xvz: It is very new but at the same time is not? I don't know much on streamers because I barely watch any streams but I practically grew up with influencers? Like Nigahiga for example, does he count?

I think they are some clear signs that are good and bad behaviours for the fans and youtuber/streamers etc.
But I think the rest we learn from trial and error like how some of us has come to agreement that cancel culture should just cancel itself also.
Idk internet is just weird but I think over the years we grown from it also.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 05:39:18 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

@purpsy: oh tru! i guess youtube culture has evolved w time as well :0
i feel like a decade ago youtubers were big bc they made like, scripted content? like skits mostly? ppl still do that and can be known for it, but i feel like a lot of big yters now are like, vlogging or, idk, like the type of content creation has evolved w time? like i feel like there's more emphasis on the "personality" vs. like the content itself maybe? (idk just thinking out loud here)
for example, ppl who watch twitch streamers, i think it's mainly for that specific person and less about the actual content of the video - like there's a whole genre for "just chatting" :0

yeah trial and error! it's interesting to see these things change and evolve over time
like most ppl's relationship w social media has probably changed a lot in the past decade or two
i guess it takes some trial and error to be like, here are things that are good and we want to keep, here are things that we eventually realized are not good

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — pancake Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 07:02:08 )
@Purpsy: Losing accounts like that is the poopiest. :<
But I'm happy for you getting back into watching videos.
I always feel like the people I watch are my friends that don't know I exist, as I don't have any real friends anymore. :vanora_sweat:

@Totalanimefan: It's kind of started!
Thank you though. That is super sweet of you.
Hopefully I won't have to take you up on that, though. <3

@MoodyBats: I'm sure you will soon enough.
I have a friend who gets commissions pretty regularly and you're lightyears ahead of her.

@xvz: It is. My boyfriend is the manager at a used appliance store, so he knew how to fix it. We just happen to have a very complicated dryer and he had to wait to get a part in and then take the drum out to get to the part. D;
Thank you~ I just wish someone would order something on my etsy, now. Lol.
The new order is for a stuffed owl, Assassin's Creed hood, shiny Ponyta, Plumbus, Brain Slug, Liu Kang, and the Mane Six ponies from MLP.
Right. He's the cutest little boy. Lol.
Idk... I do tear it apart and fluff it up before I put it in. Sometimes I feel like I overstuff, still. But I've kind of just learned what feels right, I guess?
Just make sure that when you squeeze it before sewing it up that it feels as squishy as you want it. You can always take some out.
And even if you've sewn it up, you can usually cut it open if you're careful and adjust the levels of fluff.
I'll be honest, I've used a hook to remove and insert polyfiber fill after I've completed a project. :vanora_sweat:
Happy Halloween to you, too~
Sorry I'm a little late with it. I had a migrane yesterday and had to spend a lot of time cooking and tidying up. Then of course I slept the rest of the day away.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 07:04:10 )

@blinkini: the offer still stands. Let me know at the end of the event. I’m get a box set for you.

Donator — pancake Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 07:06:10 )
@Totalanimefan: You too kind. For rizzle.
Last event I regretted getting items as they came out and not just waiting to get the box sets. I think I might do that this time.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 07:08:07 )

@blinkini: I get one of each daily so I can play with them during the events and then only buy the boxes or goodie bags for the rest

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — pancake Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 08:04:29 )
@Totalanimefan: My problem is that I usually barely get enough currency for the one set of items. So I can't normally get extras for the additional poses I like.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 09:09:41 )

@blinkini: Haha I totally get that besides offline tv there's another youtube group I feel like they are my friends with as well.

It sucks but I think I can recover it because I remember what email I used before? But never really tried because streaming vids are impossible for my internet connection atm x.x

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 09:32:29 )

@xvz: Yep it really comes down to that. That's why I find even podcast very fascinating to listen sometimes.

Youtube has come a long way since then is not even all about animal videos and skits anymore.

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 18:42:11 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@blinkini: maybe. hands need a lot of work.
all depends if i market ny work right.

Donator — pancake Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 18:47:07 )
@Purpsy: That blows. Sad web speeds are the worst. :c

@MoodyBats: I feel that. Marketing is super intimidating.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 19:24:11 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@blinkini: plus IG only gives you useful stuff if you get to 10k followers like the swipe up option. which would make things much easier for promoting ny shop and soon my patreon.

and most won't take you seriously unless you got 1k+ followers.

Donator — pancake Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 19:26:29 )
@MoodyBats: I'm not very active on IG, so I'm not sure what the swipe up option is. :vanora_sweat:
I know you can buy followers, but I've seen videos on youtube where people talk trash on people that do that, so Idk if it's something I should even think about or not... =/

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 19:37:39 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@blinkini: it takes you right to whatever you advertise.
For example if i make and add new sticker to my shop.
people could swipe up and it will take you right to my shop.

buying them does nothing tho and honestly it won't improve your account or audience as they wont like your work.
and i heard it changes your account in a bad way.

Donator — pancake Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 19:44:15 )
@MoodyBats: That's such a neat feature.

And that blows.
How are you supposed to get a following, then?
I get a random new follower once a month, even when I post at least once a week. :<

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 20:00:47 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@blinkini: it is but only 10k+ follower accounts get it lol

You play IG's algorithim game.
Which is constantly changing. Always being consistent, working on your skills,
figuring out what works and what doesn't.

Donator — pancake Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 20:02:37 )
@MoodyBats: Eesh. That's so much work. =/

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 20:05:01 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@blinkini: yup. even harder during a pandemic and fam is struggling hard
as i get impatient.

but there is no fast way to grow.

Donator — pancake Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 20:07:11 )
@MoodyBats: Makes you all the more jealous of the people who do seem to get it relatively quickly.
Or maybe that's just tiktok and youtube.
Idk.

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/11/2 20:09:06 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@blinkini: i wouldnt say jealous.
i dont really get jealous of others as i know it took them years to get where they're at.

i just get upset at me for being unable to focus and study art lol

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.