Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts ┤▒├ Wildfire's World ┤▒├ All welcome, all the time - come say Hi!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/28 21:09:16 )
@Koah: Oh! Another language person! <3 Why did you choose Norwegian?

Sure - I'll be happy to share some of my recipes or meal ideas with you. I've been throwing a lot of things on a baking sheet lately because I don't have the patience to "really" cook - lol. Last night I did the baking sheet thing with chicken thighs, broccoli and pineapple, and made rice for the boys because they just need calories! Tonight I'll probably do a mix of ground turkey with roasted cubes of sweet potato (etc.), mushrooms, maybe some riced cauliflower, whatever greens I have running around the fridge, and whatever else I can find (I love these versatile recipes). And I have a basic rosemary lemon-chicken (bone broth) soup on the stove that should be cooled enough to put away :)

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 02:26:59 )
Sorry for the late reply. I got the kids finished with their daily hw and I took a shower.
My family line comes from Norway and Sweden. My great grandparents came from Norway on my dad's side. and Sweden and some Norwegian on my mom's. I don't know much about my mom's side though. Rather not.
I picked Norwegian because, as a typical person proud of their family history, I'd like to visit Norway when my kids are older. I don't want to feel too clueless when I get there. There is a lot of English there, but I'd rather be able to read signs and whatnot.
(2 hours later keeping this unfinished reply)
Easy food makes me happy!
I'm going to make a vegetable stir fry tonight with rice.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 03:17:10 )

Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard | Year of the Tiger | Fabled Beauty | Dreams of Delight | Heartbreak Coffin x1 | Merlantis | Cancer | Virgo | Butterfly Kisses | Key to Heaven | Eclipse | Mother Anthropoda | Avian Misery | Falling Star

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
Wildfire:

@star2000shadow: Oh, that's no fun! I hope you feel better soon! <3
Is there anything in particular that's behind the ups and downs? Want to chat/vent? (or not - it's entirely up to you, but know you have an "ear" here if you need or want it)

The roommate, family, not feeling particularly great, and just general fall weather making me achey as heck. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 04:02:53 )
@Wildfire: Today has been better for me. Still feeling upset of course, but I'm getting through it.

I think I wanted to say something else, but I don't remember what it was lol.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 13:06:55 )
@Koah: I understand and yes, it makes complete sense that you'd be interested in learning Norwegian. It will help if you get to Norway, but as you say, most there speak English. I have friends who did visit Norway a year or so ago and had no trouble there whatsoever, despite not knowing any of the language.

I do a lot of stir fry / one-pots too. I like having limited dishes whenever possible and the relative ease of cooking and cleaning up if everything is in one pot.

@star2000shadow: I hope you feel better soon - although if the Fall weather is part of what's making you feel icky, that's not likely to go away soon, unfortunately. :( Maybe things with the people will improve, though?

@Aisukohi: I'm glad today (yesterday) was better for you. Got a little distracted, did you?

Let's hope today is a good day for everyone! Good morning!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 15:21:29 )
We put together a trampoline until dark last night. It's not quite finished, need to tie down the spring protector.

Today will be a good day.

Morning!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 15:42:42 )
@Koah: Oh that sounds like fun! I'm sure the kids will love the trampoline (which kid wouldn't?)

Yes, today will be a better day.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 15:50:43 )
Our sprinklers went off this morning [house is still new to me, i don't know the hours and times these sprinklers go off] lol, I had to rush to find where to turn them off. Sprinklers were getting the trampoline box and instructions and stuff wet. I left everything out last night. e.e" oops.
we ended up meeting our neighbors last night, it was like the trampoline summoned neighbor kids out. It was weird. Been here 2 months and haven't met the neighbors or seen the kids before.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 16:18:37 )
lol - oh, I know that experience! Oops.
Of course you're going to meet the neighbors now - because trampoline! LOL! Sometimes people just need an excuse to come out and say hi. :3

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 16:22:20 )

Hey everyone. I thought I would come and chat in here for a while. How is everyone?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 16:23:08 )
turns out our nearest neighbor has 6 foster kids about the same age as our littles. o3o" we'll be seeing a lot of them, I'm pretty sure.
Their eldest kid, that we did not meet, has the same hobby as my husband's career. so I think we'll see a lot of their family.

Hi Sunny! I love your avi! :D

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 16:23:30 )
@sunny: Hey Sunny - nice to see you. How are you? What's been going on?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 16:25:50 )
@Koah: Oh that does sounds like you'll be seeing a fair amount of those neighbors!!

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 16:27:11 )

@Koah: thanks! Yours is awesome too, creepy cute!

@Wildfire: I'm good thanks. Not been up to much, I had to wait in for a package. It was rat food and bedding etc.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 16:51:36 )
@sunny: So your rats are having a good day if they got new bedding and food! :3

I'm trying to organize for an early-morning kayaking trip. It has been long enough since I've been out that I really need to think it through. It's tiring - lol. I'll need to run to get some groceries in a bit too. Again. Seems like that's about all I do sometimes - get groceries, put away groceries, cook groceries, clean up dishes.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 17:00:39 )
@Wildfire: I feel your grocery annoyance. My husband is a cow, he burns so much energy. My kids are snack hounds. I eat like a bird.
OH! Kayaking! How fun! :DD

@sunny: Thank you! :p My avi sort of surprised me. I didn't have much intention when I put it together. But I enjoy the outcome. <3
How is your day going?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 17:12:46 )

@Wildfire: I feel ya on the monotonous nature of everyday life. Lol. But kayaking sounds fun! Are you quite experienced?

My rats aren't going to enjoy the new stuff until tomorrow, I'm making them wait.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 18:07:20 )

@Koah: I think it looks great! My day has been fine thanks, a little boring but I can't exactly go out and do something :/ how about you?

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 18:13:27 )
@Koah:
@sunny:

Daily life can definitely be monotonous, but when I think about it, as redundant as it can be I'd rather do the majority of the cooking myself (& know what's IN and ON my food and be healthier than I'd likely be otherwise) than to eat boxed or bagged "foodstuffs". Still, sometimes...

Kayaking is fun and I'm looking forward to getting out tomorrow, although it's supposed to be a little on the cool side (try not to laugh - it's going to be about 80*F/27*C tomorrow). I don't get out as much as I'd like because the kayaks we have are just big and heavy enough that it's next to impossible for me to get them on the roof racks of my SUV and I can't rely on my boys or husband to go with me.

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/09/29 18:41:40 )
@sunny: I'm feeling a bit stuck indoors too. I'm thinking I'll go take a walk around the block or something today. Just to get out and see my new neighborhood.

I spent last year 30 minutes away from town and any good restaurant was 45 min away. So I learned to cook healthier and to have sufficient snacks in the house at all times.
I'm struggling on that front in the new house. Talking about cooking and healthier meals makes me so motivated to get up and do it. I think I'll do beef stew today. C: <3
omg! 80?! Oof! I'm on the west coast, it's cooled down here. I wish it was 80 here. I miss our hot-hot days. Why can't you rely on the boys to help ya out? [if you don't mind me asking].
My brother talked about selling me his one-person kayak. He bought fishing attachments for it and it's rather fancy. I wouldn't mind having it, but i'd have to buy another kayak for my husband. I don't quite feel confident enough to go out on my own yet.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.