Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Can you tell your cats' meows apart?

Question: CAN YOU?

• Yes: 10 / 11 90%
    90% Votes
  • No: 0 / 11 0%
    0% Votes
  • I'm the cat: 1 / 11 9%
    9% Votes
Donator — wrik Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 19:54:14 )

I thought it was obvious which cat was meowing but my family can never tell which is which.

I have three cats and two are quite vocal and yell a LOT, and my family is always asking "which one is that?"
the third one, when she does meow, has a very distinctive voice to me as well

idk i'm bored and curious

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 20:40:28 )

i have one (1) cat

Donator — wrik Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 20:45:16 )

YEAH BUT HE'S A PRECIOUS BOY

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 20:48:50 )
absolutely!!

Emmy had a plllllllllurrrrrr.... she really didn't meow much
Ellie has more of a pluuuurrrreow and some chirps (usually 4) and if she thinks she's alone it's a mmmmrrrrrOOOOOOOOWWWW
Evie is a chirper and not a meower and she chirps once or twice.

My cat growing up, Millie, has a nyyyeeeeeeeow and it's extremely loud and is the equivalent of chewing you out.
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — wrik Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 20:51:33 )

I LOVE HOW DESCRIPTIVE YOU GOT AND I CAN HEAR ALL OF THESE

We joke that Hammy says "HELLO" because.... IT SOUNDS LIKE SHE YELLS HELLO? & HEWWO?
and biscuit has a really high-pitched
MOOOOOOOUUUUW!! MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUW!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 21:06:29 )
Yep. Mooney has a quieter meow that also sounds like she's screaming at you? If that makes sense? Like she's not vocal that much EXCEPT when she wants something, such as food/water or a litter box change.

Dasher is much more vocal and has a wide range of sounds. His voice overall sounds huskier and more manly like the manly beefcake he is. <3 Also he'll make those HEWWO sounds when he's feeling lonely. </3

Donator — wrik Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 21:29:11 )

Awww Mooney and Dasher, cute names

HE HEWWOS TOO?!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 21:34:09 )
Thanks lol. Mooney's actual name is Muneca (the N has a squigly thingy over top to sound like 'nyeh') which is Spanish for doll, because that's what she looked like when we first got her lol. But she's got a ton of nicknames, like Moonster, Moo-Bear, Moo-Moonster Pie, and a bunch more loool. Dasher is just Dasher since we adopted him from a former supervisor who didn't want him anymore when he moved out of state.

But yes! He HEWWOs a bunch when he doesn't feel like he has anyone's attention. And he's looooud about it too.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 21:37:22 )
@wrik: Yes, when I had cats, I could always tell who was talking, just like I can tell which dog is talking now that I have dogs. It seems weird to me that pet owners can't, but I know they're out there.
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 22:20:48 )
ya they all have such unique voices o: sometimes they sound similar, but they mostly sound different

i have one named Arrow and she pretty much meows her name back. we didn't even call her that because of her meow, so it's kinda funny how it worked out that way. xD she used to be really quiet and shy

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/5 22:24:27 )
@wrik: yes when i had cats years ago i was able to tell who was meowing lol.. cats are funny wee characters.. i miss having a cat but dont think my dog would appreciate one in the house haha XD

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 02:15:14 )

When I was living with two cats I could tell them apart.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 08:39:20 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

Generally. Sometimes Doink and Rufus sound similar enough that I mix them up (they're easiest to tell apart when they start yelling, because Rufus sounds mournful), and Big Guy rarely meows
Corbin's starts with a bit of a purr, and sounds kinda like a question
Jazz is squeaky

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — wrik Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 16:38:14 )

this thread has the unintended side effect of me FALLING IN LOVE WITH ALL OF YOUR CATS JUST BASED ON THEIR MEOW DESCRIPTIONS

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 17:08:11 )

There are 3 cats in my household currently and I can tell them all apart... but they are really quite different.

Tumbleweed is very quiet and rarely meows. When he does it's the sweetest, saddest meow (because he wants something).

Mallow sounds like he smokes 6 packs a day so he's easy to tell apart. The most vocal of all the cats and will start asking for dinner up to 3 hours early. It is non stop meowing until he's fed. Sometimes he goes to meow and squeak comes out.

Ozzie (my parents' cat) doesn't talk a lot, but when he does it's LOUD. Usually when he's prowling the house. You'll just hear a loud MEOW out of nowhere. He also screams when he's playing/fighting with the other cats and it sounds like bloody murder even though no one is touching anybody.

This house is very much a "mom he's breathing my air" house.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — wrik Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 17:12:13 )

i love that they're in your signature!!
such cuties!!
hi im wrik

closet buying

Voltie — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/07/6 18:24:41 )
"You've had too much of the digital love..."

I can tell all 4 of my cats meows apart, as well as why they're meowing!

Rory meows when he's lonely, or when he's confused about the litter box position (it's moved around a lot recently due to construction) - he has a big meow, which is fitting for his size (he's 20lbs!), and it's long and drawn out.

Salina is squeaky, and squeaks whenever you pet her or you're ignoring her (she's very good at getting in your way to be petted).

Peaches rarely meows, but when he does, it's super small and squeaky and drawn out. He usually meows when he can't attack my hand while playing lol

Vampire Kitty meows sometimes, mostly when he wants outside, or when there's no food in the bowl. He sounds like the cat equivalent of a cranky old man lol

"You want everything live, you want things you can touch."
I quit Voltra. Read my profile.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.