Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Quests Aisu's Ambitions (Open! Come chat?)

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 02:04:34 )
@Wildfire: lol yeah, since my sleep was thrown off again yesterday, I'd say that warranted a lazy day. Today was much more productive, as predicted. I feel proud haha.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 13:49:17 )
@Aisukohi: It's amazing how much your sleep being off throws everything else off isn't it? I hope you got some sleep and that today is a better day! :3

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 15:47:40 )
@Wildfire: Thank you! I do have some plans today, which I hope go well. I've got a phone call with my son's school's assistant vice principal and his new teacher here in a couple hours so we can go over some questions (he'll be starting in January). After that, hoping to go shopping in a city a little south of here to see if I can't find a nice necklace for my mom since she lost a pendant I bought for her a couple years ago (she's so heartbroken). Hopefully I can find something comparable.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/15 16:42:27 )
@Aisukohi: Oh good luck - with both things! I'm sure your mom will appreciate whatever you find for her, especially given the circumstances. Is your son excited about starting a new school environment next semester?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/20 23:16:07 )
@Wildfire: Thanks. :) I found her some nice earrings with one of her birthstones in them, so I hope she likes them. I forgot multiple birthstones were a thing, so I looked up December and found tanzanite, which is a colour I think she'd love since she loves purpley-blue hues.

And my son doesn't yet know he's starting school because he's mostly non-verbal. But school will help him with that, and I'm sure with time, he'll come to love it because being pre-k is all about having fun lol.

Donator — they/them Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/21 16:31:02 )
════════════════⠀ ∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

ooh tanzanite is pretty! i like the idea of birthstones ... rocks pretty ... lol

how is your pre-k operating? is it in person, are they doing anything particular for covid?

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘ ⠀════════════

⠀∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀art shop⠀·⠀gallery⠀·⠀closet⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

∘◦ᵒ .⋆。˚☽⠀ {⠀buying / questing: capricorn ⠀}⠀☽˚。⋆. ᵒ◦∘

art by kiwi and koneko <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/25 22:46:38 )
She loved the earrings, and I was even able to find a similar necklace pendant to the one she lost, so I consider this year a success!

The pre-k has different options, I believe, but he's going in-person. The classroom has dividers to separate the students if they're at desks, and they will wear masks/shields when in close proximity to other students. He has 1 teacher and 2 teacher's aides, so I'm not worried about the staffing since I think the average class is now around 12 kids? No more than 18, we were told. He doesn't start until January 4th, and I'm taking that whole week off in case he struggles to adjust. But his teachers has LOTS of experience with transitioning kids of similar circumstances, so I'm trying not to be too nervous about the whole thing lol.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/30 14:15:21 )
-stops through-
Happy almost new year?!

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 03:37:30 )
@Nephila: Hello, and welcome! How are you?

@Wildfire: Happy almost New Year!! Are you doing anything to celebrate? I'm not, but I usually don't haha.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 03:49:52 )
Oh thank you! I can't recall ever using this shade of pink in an avi before, but I really like it.

And I like your avi too. :) I have a hard time using that background because my avis tend to blend in to whatever the colour I use, but yours works well with it!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2020/12/31 04:48:20 )
You're welcome!

And no plans, but I never do anything anyway haha. Normally I end up falling asleep before midnight, which is fine. I'm actually off work that day, although I don't mind working it since I never do anything. So I'll probably end up having a nice lazy day at home.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/5 00:08:04 )
Hello! How is everyone doing?

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/6 02:20:25 )
I'm tired honestly, but I've been adjusting to a new routine. My son started pre-k this week, so that means getting up earlier than normal to get ready and everything. After that I've been going to the gym, which is something I haven't done in ages (working out). So that's taking some getting used to.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/6 03:01:19 )
It can be really hard to adjust to a new routine.
I’m so happy to be back to a normal consistent schedule at work again. It was so disorienting to have a constantly changing schedule.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/6 15:16:44 )
I know the feels since I've had flip-floppy schedules too. Not too recently, but it's still tiresome.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/8 00:18:04 )
It looks like the weirdness is stopping for me at least. The days when I closed and then opened the next day were the weirdest.

Glad for the money though I guess

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/8 00:36:55 )
Ugh, I hate clopenings. x-x I try to avoid giving people those types of schedules.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/8 00:42:52 )
It was the holidays so it was partly because people were requesting funny hours or different times than normal so things got weird. But I totally respect my coworkers and I’m happy to adjust my schedule for them, and they do the same for me.

Find me @ PlayWithErica on instagram, twitch, youtube, and discord.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/8 00:46:19 )
That makes sense, and I'm glad there's that mutual support! We try to do the same for each other, though I've been known for spreading myself too thin. Hoping not to do that much this year.
I'm Aisukohi's mule.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/01/8 00:56:09 )
It’s important to look after yourself!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.