Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My husband’s company told them

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 17:51:49 )

To start working from home because of the Coronavirus. I’m glad because I was getting worried for him. He works for a big company that travels a lot. It’s better that people work from home.

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 17:53:20 )

I'm so happy that a few companies are doing this! I wish mine would too, but its retail, so that'd kind of not work XD
I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 18:17:03 )

Mine made an announcement on washing your hands and working from home if you're sick.

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 18:27:22 )
@Totalanimefan: I am very glad to hear this, more should do that if they travel a lot, or are a big company.

@Priestess of Pie: well this is very good to here.

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 18:27:50 )

Mine just said wash your hands, but for the sake of the customers, we can't wear gloves or face masks -_-
Yeah, wouldn't want to offend a customer by implying we don't want to get sick? I hate retail.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 18:57:27 )

@Jolly: I know! I really feel for retail workers. I worked retail for like 5 years and it sucked.
@Priestess of Pie: that’s a step in the right direction. I don’t know if it’s enough. Some people would come into work anyway. You know?
@Unicorn: yes! I think they should have done it starting last week but I also think they didn’t wait too late.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 19:02:43 )

@Totalanimefan: Not at my job. If you come to work sick you get the stink eye pretty bad.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 19:04:35 )

@Booderdooder: wow f that. I’m sorry that retail bosses/companies never seem to give a shit about their workers. :(
@koneko: oh no! I feel that way too because of the company my husband works for. It’s not like I live in a town in the middle of nowhere. I live in the Bay Area.
@Priestess of Pie: that’s good at least. I know of a person that just came back from Italy and then when right back to work. What a dumbass.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 19:26:48 )

@echo: I thought that was your mule lol I’m glad you said so though.
I hope that public transportation doesn’t shut down but I can see it happening. It’s just that too many people rely on it. At least in NYC you can also walk.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 19:34:15 )

@echo: yeah I love those but I would not go to one right now. Lol

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 20:01:21 )
@Totalanimefan: this is true, glad there doing so now and not when all get sick
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 20:17:04 )

@Unicorn: yeah true.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 20:35:21 )

I'm actually not super worried about getting sick myself since I'm not at high risk of dying, but I am worried about being a carrier for it and getting other people sick. Like my elderly parents. ; ;

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 21:15:51 )
my college sent us an email today saying that if things get worse, we will have to do "remote instruction" which probably means everything will be mediated through online live lectures and such

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 21:48:13 )

I hope your husband is ok. It's scary times. All the soap and hand sanitiser in the shops here are cleared out :O

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 22:18:10 )

@sunny: turns out someone he knows he can back from Italy and went right into work and was coughing. What an idiot. Why wouldn’t you stay home!? What the F—
@boyrrito: better than getting sick.
@Priestess of Pie: if I get it, it will suck but it won’t kill me. I am worried about if I would to spread it to other people.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 23:31:16 )

@Totalanimefan: OMG how inconsiderate is that? Fingers crossed it's just an ordinary cough!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 23:46:21 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

That’s really good. Meanwhile, my area has its first case reported today, and I was told to still come in until they close the campus. Looool.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 00:40:40 )

@sunny: yeah I hope so. Otherwise who knows how many people are going to get it from him?

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/7 00:41:04 )

@Tsundererra: did they say where? I saw a case in MD.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.