Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat New Apartment+New Furbaby=A Fresh Start <3

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 16:34:32 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

So I know that I have been sharing the struggles that have been the start to my 2020, but things are looking a little brighter as of yesterday. I got the keys to my apartment and was able to start the move in process (carrying heavy totes up to the third floor of a building sucks btw).

My place is super cozy and the bed is so comfortable! I gotta do a lot of cleaning but that will have to wait until Friday because work comes first and I need to get on top of things~

I will add pictures to this thread when I take some tonight~ I want to do before and after pics!

ALSO! Come Friday I will be the proud mama to an almost 10 year old furbaby named Scout~ The thing about this boy is that I have been eyeing him up for about a month but I was waiting to sign and for the all good on my sublet. I met him in person and sat with him for a half hour during my prep period one day because I had no other obligations during this time.

He is the sweetest old man and his bees (purrs) are SO LOUD! He sheds A LOT but I am chill with that. As someone who grew up with many dogs and cats, I am so used to animal hair being everywhere. I didn't want a kitten, as I am gone for about 8-10 hours a day with work, and older animals are my passion. Like, everyone wants kittens, I adopted through a local cat foster project and for a senior cat (over 7 years old) it was a $31 adoption fee. To adopt a KITTEN COSTS $131!!!! They put the price so low for the older animals because they want them to have homes too ;^;

I need help picking out a collar for my dashing old man. I think red is a color that would suit him very well, but contemplating maybe a green one. He is a black and white kitty so there are so many options... I have many saved in an etsy list titled "kitty gifts" lol.

the bow ties are removable in case he doesn't like them

I will continue to scream about amazing life updates on this thread because wow I am so happy? This is the first time I have felt TRULY happy in awhile...

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 16:38:04 )

Moving always sucks, but moving to the 3rd floor sucks supremely. On the plus side, it's good exercise I guess.

I LOVE YOUR NEW SON. I think the black and red bow tie would look so cute, but I am also partial to the moon and stars.

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 16:47:17 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Priestess of Pie: YES LMAO, I got a lot of exercise last night for sure, I even went to bed earlier than usual lol.

RIGHT THOUGH????? Like I was looking at other kitty options for adoption but I kept coming back to him and now he is MY SON!!!!!! Yes, isn't the moon and stars one cute? It also glows in the dark!

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 16:56:58 )

@kaichoukai: WHAT, you have to get that one now.

Donator — SIR Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 17:01:18 )
@kaichoukai: congrats on the new apartment and new kitty. He is simply adorable. My son and I have 4 days that were all adopted. 2 were adultish and 2 were kitties. One of my friends fosters them and she knows I'll take one in if needed lol btw I love the very top collar posted.
🌈 Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry or invited a stranger to come inside?
🌈

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 17:10:08 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Xanthan: You have a good heart for taking in four kitties who needed a loving home! I bet they are all very thankful for you and your son~ AND GOSH THAT IS TWO VOTES FOR THE STAR AND MOON COLLAR!

@Priestess of Pie: But I also might just buy two because I can and I wanna spoil my old man because it is what he deserves!

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 17:11:36 )

@kaichoukai: Yes good. Spoil the boy.

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 17:15:56 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Priestess of Pie: I already bought him many toys, the good expensive litter bc I don't want the bb to get bladder infections... catnip, the good treats, adorable cat bowls, and I am probs gonna go to the store to get some more things for him today......... bb boy........ gotta..... treat the boy like he has deserved to be treated the last 9 years and 9 months of his life!

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — Whatever Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 17:44:17 )
Are ya ready, guyz?!

HAPPY KITTY LOOK AT HIM OVO

Put ya guns awn!

questShop

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 17:59:37 )

Wow congrats! That’s a lot of good news at once. I’m happy for you cause you deserve it!

Your new son looks so handsome. I love him already <3

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 18:10:40 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Kitalpha Hart:
@Totalanimefan:

I will definitely be posting lots of pictures and telling many tales and stories about my old man~

Also thank you Total ;v; It has been so hard the last two months so with all of this, it gives me hope that the year can get better~

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 18:14:50 )

@kaichoukai: yes! We need pictures!

It seems like it’s going up! Things are almost better for me too.

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 19:19:49 )

@kaichoukai: I'm really proud of you for getting back on your feet and getting your life together so fast.
Scout is a HANDSOME boy. I'd have to agree, when I first saw him I thought green would suit him well.
Maybe like a elegant dark blue/green. He seems like a dapper man.

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 21:49:27 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Totalanimefan: I am glad to hear that things are looking up on your end too~ Throwing you hugs and best wishes~

@Booderdooder: Yeah ;; everything came at me so fast but now things feel a lot better and I feel like my work burnout has also started to subside? I feel more motivated and inclined to get what I need done BEFORE I am scrambling to get my shit together last minute (or even after deadlines pass.......)
But yeah! I am going to look at more after I get done with work <3 I am going to stop at a pet store or two on the way home to pick up some more kitty supplies like a bed, pan lines, and mayhaps a scratching post (though I don't know yet if he scratches upwards or downwards...).

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 22:02:49 )

@kaichoukai: thank you. It’s all still happening but should end this week.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:17:57 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

SO IT TURNS OUT I AM PICKING UP SCOUT TONIGHT!!!!!!!

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 22:26:52 )

YESYESYESYESYES!!! Please take pics!

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 09:30:55 )
@kaichoukai: omg good thing I went poking around the forums! it's been so active that I missed this thread when it was new and on the home page. (there have been so many threads lately. yay activity)

3 days ago so long ago

but congrats on moving to your new apartment and your new cat!!!
Scout looks great :3

buy him all the stufffff

e
art shop
isn't that lovely, isn't that cool and isn't that cruel

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 17:06:53 )

It seems like your starting a fresh new chapter in your life and that's nice
And he's adorable for an old cat <3

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/6 17:27:27 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@eyry: THank you! I am going to spend my weekend cleaning and getting situated~ I bought him a cat tree and in the thread there are the collars, I bought him the red one with moons and stars.

@PurpdaBurpPurp: Isn't he adorable??? I am going to post more pictures shortly!!

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.