Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback March Crate Items Feedback Thread || Raffle Included!

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 21:13:42 )

Harlequin | Q t e a p o n
Nifty Nurse | Glume
Botanist | ghost

Pixels by Fozzy
Recolors by Lilypoo

Hey Volties, we could really use your feedback. We at Voltra are always watching and listening, so the more responses we get to these sort of things, the more we can improve on your experience here!

Now we know that sometimes perhaps a set is not your cup of tea or doesn't fit your particular style, so try to look for things that we could use constructively. Like for example: If this pose was made this way and you could equip it like this then I would find use for that set more in my outfits. Or another example would be: This particular mod or pose is being repeated, I'd like to see x and y being offered as well.

★✩✩✩✩

In order to create a standard rating we will be doing a five star rating review. So for each set you are reviewing, do a 1/5 ; 2/5 ; 3/5 ; 4/5 ; 5/5 rating to let us know how much you like the overall set.

We are looking for feedback regarding the way the sets layer, originality, variety in poses, etc. But don't restrict yourself to these categories - those are just some suggestions for the direction in which you can take your feedback.

We do ask that you try to keep your feedback constructive and don't just say "It looks bad, I don't like it," as it's not very useful to us.

Here is a template to start off your review:

[b]Harlequin[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Nifty Nurse[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Botanist[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Cybernetic Guard[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback, you are being extremely helpful!

RAFFLE

We know that leaving a review might not always seem rewarding, so this time we are going to be holding a raffle on April 1st, 2020 for all the folks that left a review. Winner will receive a March Crate!
Note that the raffle for a February Crate will be done later today, and a winner selected.

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 21:20:50 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

Harlequin
★★★★✩

The placement of the eyes look a little funky with the placement being lower on the face. That is my only criticism for this one!

Nifty Nurse
★★★★★

Lovely set! No feedback or criticism for this one.

Botanist
★★★★✩

I think that the color options are really good! When you put the items together, they layer so well. My only criticism with the layer is the scarf looks a bit odd when you also have the backpack on. It drapes behind the backpack instead of behind the avi. I personally think it would look better and make more sense if it draped in between the avi and backpack. [/size]

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 21:43:11 )

Harlequin
★★★★✩
it's cute! the shade of red in it isn't true red like i usually like, but it's still cute and matches the reds in other items v: i also like the other color variants and the bell earrings especially
Nifty Nurse
★★★★✩
also cute! same thing with the reds heheh
and a note: when i equip any of the stethoscopes at the same time as the reaper scythe, the blade and skull from the scythe vanish but the staff part remains

Donator — pancake Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 22:38:26 )
Harlequin
★★★★✩
Not usually my style, but I can definitely see using this item. It has smaller poses that would work well with layering and has unique colors which I always appreciate so I don't have to work as hard to find a pallet.

Nifty Nurse
★★★★✩
This is definitely an item I've been waiting to get on Voltra, but I was kind of expecting a few more poses. Some liquid spilled on the floor, like a pool at the avatars feet, and maybe some white shoes with a little cross on them. Not much, just little things that could elevate my specific style.

Botanist
★★★★★
Not my style and not sure I'll use it, but it definitely lives up to expectation and is adorable af. The only thing I would have liked to see would be more of these leaves and vines coming out of random places that we could equip separately.

Cybernetic Guard
★★★★✩
Again, not my style. But I definitely can appreciate the thought and where it was taken. I feel like it could have definitely gone awry, but was kept in check lovely by the designer/artist. I would like to have seen some sort of item towards the crown of the avatar, to bring it all together. But like I said, it looks p darned perfect for what it is.

Voltie — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/1 23:12:43 )
Harlequin
★★★★✩
Fun item with nice pose. Also, the eyes are a major plus.
However, i rate 4/5 because I am not too fond of any color combinations.
I do appreciate that all the artists featured different color combinations though, to provide a nice mix.

Nifty Nurse
★★★★✩
The syringe is really awesome, and I like the detailed shading and transparency effect. The dress is cute too.
That being said, the lack of a unique arm/leg pose makes it a bit underwhelming. I feel like the item overall is a bit simplistic too, especially considering that the syringe covers most of the dress. I would have liked something a bit more grand and stately, as others have suggested in this thread too, some extra poses might amp it up.

Botanist
★★★★★
The item is awesome. Easily my favorite in this month's set.
I don't own the item so I can't speak to the skin tone poses, but from the previews alone it makes it seem like the colors of the clothes are locked to specific skin tones, which is a bit disappointing since I would like to use any of the colors. I would hope that each recolor offers multiple skin tones.

Another critique: the bird on the head pose is a bit underwhelming. When considering that only 2 poses can be used from any item, it seems like using the bird pose doesn't really represent the item overall and it is a really small pose that can go easily unnoticed. Everything else about the item is rather grand, but the bird is just really subtle. It can be a good thing in some situations, but overall just too simple for a pose i think. Adding leaves or even a nest could be a possible good idea. But again, the subtleness of the bird pose could actually prove to be beneficial. It's up to the beholder, I suppose.

Cybernetic Guard
★★★✩✩
you know, this item looks nice in synergy with all its poses, but as someone who owns this item, i find it difficult to use along with other items. i'm wearing it on my avi now and i think it works surprisingly well, so there is definitely potential.
however, most of my problem with the poses is that they are all "accessory" style items, such as bracelets, armbands, scarf, belt, mask.
it doesnt feel like a full themed item to me. the legs and mask are the only motifs that really hint at any sort of coherence in my opinion.

Final opinions
This is a nice set. Botanist is the highlight, and it really falls in well with the March season as we begin to approach Spring here in the West. Also, as a sidenote, I would be interested in seeing more eyes and face poses in items (in general). I think that everytime I see an eye pose, it usually looks really nice.
I think that including the hair & faces featured in the artist's drawings would help to amp up the items? I find that the fluffy hair works really well with the nurse item, so to remove it kind of takes away its potential.

Donator — He Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 00:02:04 )

Looking for merlantis.
Fishy background

~Harlequin
★★★★✩
Definitely my kind of item. Like how a collar and juggling pins're included. Wish the shoes were separate from the leggings but it's not a deal breaker. I do like most of the color combos.

Nifty Nurse
★★★★★
I like the designs of the leggings and top. Nice color combos too. Love how the syringe is included.

Botanist
★★★★★
I really love the design of the jacket and backpack. I love how there's a bird included in a pose and I like the color combos too. They go well.

Cybernetic Guard
★★★✩✩
It's not exactly my style but might be able to use it for a cosplay. I like some of the color combos but others seem ok. ~

Thanks Lunakiri
In character unless ~

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 00:24:32 )

Harlequin
[size=15]★★★★✩

NMS but it's a cool item, well pixeled and it looks versatile. Nice choice of colours.

Nifty Nurse
★★★★✩
I like this item but I agree with PP that it is pretty simplistic, and comes off as underwhelming. There needs to be more variety of poses imo.

Botanist
★★★★★
I LOVE this item. Five stars #blessed. I can see myself using it a lot and there are some nice versatile poses that should go with lots of items. I also love the details on this, especially the lil fingers poking through what looks like fingerless gloves.
[/size]

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 03:07:38 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Harlequin
★★★★✩
It’s not my style, but I can def see others using it, and I think it’s pretty well made. I only have a couple of issues with it. The first is the placement of the eyes... they seem a bit low and maybe spaced apart? Whenever I try to equip a nose or mouth with it, it looks... super derpy. xD My second issue is with the coloring. The color combos work fine, but the color sequence with the juggling pins bothers me. I was kinda expecting them to be the same color, or alternate between two of the lighter colors.

Nifty Nurse
★★★★★
Another item that’s not my style, but it is really well made and others have stated that they’ve wanted something like this. I like the syringe pose the most, and the hat is also cute.

Botanist
★★★★★
It’s been a hot minute since I’ve been this excited over a rare crate item. Yaaaaassss, I love the legs pose in this. It’s literally my RL winter lazy day fashion. xD Loooove the bird on the head too and the color choices. I probs won’t use the backpack, coat, or scarf, but I know many volties who love plants and prolly identify with this theme.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 04:37:41 )
Harlequin
★★★★✩
Some of the items are cute, but that curved off line on the shirt item, is sort of making my eyes twitch a bit at the site of it, it just doesn't look right to me. The leg with the stars doesn't look great to me with how the stars are lined up maybe if you would have done the same design as the other leg but in the opposite colors it would be better and than I would have liked this item more. So Sorry for my honesty, it just isnt really my style. except for the eyes, I love the eyes, and the makeup around the eyes. ♡

Nifty Nurse
★★★★★
I love this one so very much, you did such a great job making this Item, and all of the poses ♡

Botanist
★★★★★
it is a cute, and everybody loves it, I think that it would work great with a couple of other items that I have in mind nice job ♡
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 08:32:27 )
Harlequin
★★★★★
Love this one so much but the eyes are positioned a bit low.
Nifty Nurse
★★★✩✩
Love the nurse but it is missing her skirt? and more poses.
Botanist
★★★★★
Perfect! more plant items please.
Cybernetic Guard
★★★★★
Love. Nice colors.

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 13:32:37 )
Harlequin
★★★★✩
I love the detail in this set. Every little pixel down to the fingers on the posed arms is incredible. I love the asymmetrical patterns on the hat and socks. My only critique is that the eyes sit a little to low for me, personally.

Nifty Nurse
★★✩✩✩
This item is alright. The color choices are nice, and there is a bit of variety in them. But the designs are maybe too simple. The hats are nice, and I like the socks, but the shirt doesn't look very cohesive to me. It looks maybe a bit rushed, or not as thought out to suit the whole set. Maybe if the detached sleeves were a separate item, the top would look a little less out of place. I'm not sure how to describe what way it is off to me. A little too anime NPC? I think it could have been more unique.
Mainly, the lack of any poses is what bothers me. It could use some posed legs, or something.

Botanist
★★★★★
I might be biased, but I am dying to have this item. I love the details in the coat and even in the blades of the leaves. The color choices are lovely, and I think all the items individually could be paired well with others. I love the intricacy of the patterns, but if I had to give any critique, I'd say that in the leggings, scarf, and cardigan, the patterns look like they're very flat. Such detail may make it difficult to shade, but they seem like they are lacking some depth.

Cybernetic Guard
★★★★✩
I appreciate how HIGHLY detailed this set is. It comes in a wide variety of colors, but I think it may be missing some more neon shades. Apart from the neon green on black, the colors are all very soft and pastel. When I think of cybernetic themes, I tend to think of more electric blues and hot pinks. I like the posed legs and the small details in things such as the dangling pieces of the wrist-cuffs. But, I think this set would only work with the same set pieces. Maybe I haven't thought of the right combination of items, but it seems like it might be difficult to mix with items from other sets.

Donator — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/2 16:49:24 )
Harlequin
★★★★★
Amazing! I love every pose and every color choice!!

Nifty Nurse
★★★★✩
I wish there was a pose with just the sleeves as well (because they’re so cool) but I understand you can’t cut every item into 10million poses. XD
Seems versatile beyond just being a nurse.

Botanist
★★★★★
Greatest item ever!
Maybe not literally, but it is heckin great!! I love the cozy feel!!
Great color choices, great details, great design!!

Donator — They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 02:03:20 )

Harlequin
[size=15]★★★✩✩
This one... Misses the mark for me. The best pose on here is the eyes, which I quite love. However I do think they are a bit too low - even though I understand the design choice of doing so - it adds a creepy vibe that I enjoy. I also like the arm pose - I think that one was quite well done. I docked this one two stars on my rating because I feel like the color combinations are lacking. I don't feel red/orange/black are very harmonious, but I do appreciate that they didn't go for the basic/overused red/black/white. I would have liked to see purple/green and maybe more gold/silver accents. I do like the other two colors a bit more - I think they'll work well with some other similarly themed items. Another problem I have is with the hat... I feel like we have a few hats already like this, but I have a hard time imagining this working with most hairs.

Nifty Nurse
★★★★✩
I quite like the theme of this item. It's kind of a cliche, however because of that it's also an avatar site staple, I feel. As well, I think it turns the cliche on its head with a bit of unique styling and color options. I'm giving it a 4/5, because I feel that the pose options are a tad lacking. In other words, it does feel a bit basic for a crate item. I would like to see it a bit more dynamic, as in a bit more things going on around the avatar/subverting the original shape of the base (that being said, I do appreciate that these poses should work a lot with other items because of that, so I do like that about it). Overall I don't feel a strong want for the item, but that's probably more of a personal taste issue.

Botanist
★★★★★
This one hits the nail on the head for me. I love plant themed items, so this is right up my alley. I quite enjoy the color combinations as well. I also love big coats and scarves. What I think this item does really well is balance positive/negative space. I like the plant details a lot. This one I have a hard time describing why I love it, but I do. I need.

[/size]

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/3 17:19:32 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Fall Harvest | Snowboarder | Capricorn | Scorpio | Berry Citrus | Cybernetic Guard |

Harlequin
★★✩✩✩
Not really to my taste, but it is a nicely put together item.

Nifty Nurse
★★★★✩
Really like this one, though i do wish the boot like socks looking thing had more definition. other then that im gonna be working on getting another one so i can wear the whole thing.

Botanist
★★★✩✩

I like the little bird on this, and the potted plant but im not a fan of the big bulky clothing. but it is still a very nice piece of artwork.

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/03/5 00:12:30 )
This crate is much better than the two previous ones

Harlequin
★★★★★
Nice color arrangements, well-detailed, good pose, doesn't feel like commons, the fact it's a jester character. I love it! Only issues lay in the toe part of those shoes looking (from the foot pointed towards the viewer) looks like the foot was broken and bend in a really painful manner and the orange not fitting too well with the red/black combo (not complaining too much however - I love me a black/orange jumper!).

Nifty Nurse
★★★✩✩
Very cute, looks very useful. If it weren't for the crosses on the boots I would've assumed they were common thigh-high socks, they look a lot more like socks than boots. Colors are well-organized on all of the suits, only exception for out-of-place gold for the red version.

Botanist
★★★★★
Love it! Good color coordination, all the little details, the puffiness of everything I love so dearly, all the plants, I could definitely see myself using a lot of this set pretty frequently once I get my hands on it.

0 1 9 0 1 2
Frizz generated a random number between 1 and 14; Resulting In 1
Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/2 04:00:36 )
It's time for raffle time! :frizz-celebrate:

Everyone's number is associated with their post, example: 1st post after OP= 1, 2nd = 2, etc.

We have a total of 14 reviews so the winner is~~

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/2 04:02:28 )
@kaichoukai: Congratulations!!

Donator — They/She Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/04/2 06:49:12 )
★⌒☆⌒★⌒☆⌒★

@Frizz:
Oh my gosh I won? Yay!!!! Thank you so much 😭

。☆✼★━━━━★✼☆。

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.