Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat What helps you finish the things that needs to be done?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 15:30:17 )

For me I found a new way to get myself busy daily. I downloaded these cute sticky note app that I can constantly customize, plus it has this gacha system where you win a cute sticky note design or illustration along with. Depending the theme of the app, which I currently have two installed on my phone. In short I'm in this customizing phase, like I even did the same thing with my keyboard on my phone...

I just write a to do list for today and if I don't finish it all, I'll just finish it the following day. Years back I've done the same thing but it never worked well for me in the end, because I constantly beat myself up if I didn't get to finish all the things that needed to be done that day. Nowadays I'm less uptight on myself. I still really don't like tight schedules because I like to do everything spontaneous if I can. But I feel a lot more organize writing them down at least. I was never good at managing my own time before that... T^T

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 18:34:59 )
As long as I have something to help me concentrate I can get things done. I find music helps me focus on stuff, especially drawing, cleaning or anything that takes a while and needs me focused.

Thank the gods for bluetooth headsets.

Donator — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 18:51:33 )
@PurpdaBurpPurp: What sticky note apps are you using? Which one do you like the most?
I like to give myself notes for my things to do because, even if I am motivated, I usually forget
what my tasks are for the day. Like who to call and what mail needs to be responded to.
I use the basic notepad app that comes with my phone, but it's really plain and boring and I forget to even open it...

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 19:26:48 )

@Booderdooder: Sticky Animal and Sticky Yeastken, I believe they're both made by the same developer :3
I have the same default notepad too on my phone. But I guess cute sticky notes is one way to keep me motivated to jot things down.
I just can't really handle plain stuff. If I can customize it, best believe I'll customize the shiet out of it xDD

There's a lot of cute sticky notepads out there. I think the one I'm using has made many more different type of sticky notes. Just search up Arts Planet at playstore =3=)/

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 19:44:19 )

Having a schedule is crucial for me. If I need to make a call or an appointment or go shopping or anything that I don't do on a regular routine, I usually schedule it out on a specific day of the week so I can mentally prepare for that thing.

Routines are important for me too. If it's a daily task and it's not in my routine, I'll absolutely forget to do it.

I've tried using a few organization apps in the past but none really gave me the motivation or clarity I needed. I'll try looking at the sticky note apps though.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/25 22:03:26 )
I have a daily bullet journal that I use to keep track of my daily goals and tasks
even then, im still pretty lazy and have put off cleaning the bedroom for about 2 weeks

the only reason I am buckling down and doing it now is because I have guests coming over
Non binary | Pansexual | Taken
02/06/20

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/27 09:52:08 )

@koneko: I'm the same way =w=
Cleaning and doing chores is something I had to really learn later on in my life. I was very much lazy and disorganize when I was younger and I notice is affecting how I make use of my time too. To do list is not always effective for me also, there are days I won't finish anything down on my list if it's unimportant. But usually I get things down the following day. Is really hard to focus on the mundane stuff when I get easily distracted by other things :/

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — haunting Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/27 13:57:42 )

i am motivated purely by spite
i am physically incapable of forgetting to do a task. not sure what's up with that
the second i get to work or back home is just a flurry of doing 20 tasks at the same time just to prove i can do it or something

hello again

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/27 19:11:29 )

Writing a to-do list is a must for me to even remember things at all, but it doesn't guarantee I'll actually do them. Sometimes I forget to look at the to-do list. Other times I just don't feel like I have the time or energy, and if I feel even a little bit like something can be put off, I will put it off until the last minute. Having an urgent deadline is p much the only way to get me to do things sometimes; either that, or having no deadline and no pressure to do other things first. It's basically gotta be either 0 or 100 and everything that's in between just gets forgotten.

ALWAYS PING ME

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.