Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 00:30:18 )

@Colin: Yeah it was and I was alone most of the time because people were obvs out and enjoying the con. I would just ask for bottled water like twice a day food once a day (I wasn't very hungry since I was sick) and then the pandemic hit like 2 months later and I was like damn. I wasted my last vacation lol. Do you ever think post-pandemic you would want to go to a con again?

@Amber Lynne: Wow that's awesome! How are the IVs?

@SorrowTheMad: Yeah it's a little similar in that it lights up a part of the brain, but it doesn't like make you feel a certain way about something like hypnosis can. And you still have to work through your trauma, and sometimes you are still feeling the trauma.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 00:31:16 )

@KittyBeary: Here we had another heat wave too, but today it was only a high of 84. lol It reached 97 during the week 0-0

@ArsenicAttitude: Hey welcome back to the club lol. How's your weekend been?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 00:44:12 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@sorrowthemad: Mardu wasn't really my bag, I actually went full Abzan Outlast. it worked... sometimes. And hey, I don't argue with people that know how to make something work.

@totalanimefan: Eeesh, that's just crappy.

And maybe? Honestly, I dunno anymore. Can't help but feel I won't belong there.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 01:27:47 )

@Colin: Yeah not fun lol
I get that. I think if you went with another person or a group you would like it better.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 01:37:00 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Totalanimefan: Eh, not horrible.

I'd like a perfect, though. Lol.

And yes, I know I said I hadn't caught any yet with this current event. That would be because I forgot about this one XD

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 01:52:13 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Oh, probably. Would be a lot cheaper, too.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 02:53:51 )
@Totalanimefan: 97...... oof :(
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 04:24:20 )
@Totalanimefan: That makes sense :) Yeah, that was more or less what my research showed as well. It's pretty cool :) I like it, honestly :)

@Colin: Yeah, I'm sure you can tell but I'm not about that "play creature, turn left, bludgeon opponent to death" type of lifestyle, I'm much more on the value-y "god how can I remember all these triggers" type of playstyle. But yeah, I didn't bother asking Arundel about it, since it was working well for him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 04:53:05 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: I... want to say I'm a mix of the two? I mean, oftentimes the ultimate goal/end is obliterating my opponent's life points, but it comes out of NOWHERE, and I do it out of the blue.

Like my dragon deck. A little board set-up, then BOOM, horde of dragons comin' the blast your ass! Or my mono-green elf deck. 3 turns of set-up, and then I've made a crap-ton of mana, which I will then use to decimate your lifepoints with elves boosted to stupid high levels. Or massive amounts of tokens. Whichever.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 15:28:31 )
@totalanimefan:
Its been okay for the most part.
Been trying not to stress over my new job lol.
How about you?
Feel free to ping me!
Also, you can call me Seni!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 16:37:47 )
@Colin: I get you :) When I was playing that Prosper deck against my friend's control deck I realized several turns earlier I was just going for too much value and I should just be trying to kill my opponent. It wasn't immediate, but I was probably sitting there for several turns just vibing and getting all the value before I even thought about trying it. Lol. I'm terrible xD I'm addicted to value.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 21:30:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Yeah, I used to be REAL bad for that. Trying to make the most out of my deck, and... well, I could have ended the game 3 turns ago.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 21:41:09 )
@Colin: This is why I play Combo usually, because I already know if I start playing some "squeeze as much value out of my deck as possible" kind of deck I'm never going to want it to end.

I played slightly modified Prosper on Saturday (I only really changed Bucknard's Coin Purse for Valakut Exploration) and I ended up getting Valakut Exploration, Theater of Horror, Share the Spoils and Prosper all out. That ended up being like 4-6 card draws a turn and it was GLORIOUS. I ended up dying with the ability to kill everyone because I was waaaaay more interested in value than paying attention to winning. Lol.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 21:52:49 )

@Amber Lynne: not bad. Do you have a friend in Texas or you found a raid online?
@Colin: true. I would say the most important thing about cons is that you have fun!
@KittyBeary: yeah I didn’t go out that day. How’s your weekend?
@SorrowTheMad: I liked it too. It’s very draining on your brain tho. Make sure you don’t try to do too much in one session.
@ArsenicAttitude: I’m sure you will adjust to your new job soon. It’s always a bit harder when you are new. I’ve been good. Mostly staying inside again.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 21:57:13 )
@Totalanimefan: Thanks for the tip, I'll keep that in mind :D

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 22:14:38 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Ok, that kinda sucks, but in a GLORIOUS way.

@totalanimefan: I agree. Are you the type to cosplay at conventions or no?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 22:14:44 )

@SorrowTheMad: yeah some nights I felt too drained to drive home. And my therapist said a lot of people after just sleep for the rest of the night when they get home.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 22:15:18 )

@Colin: I don’t cosplay. But I do appreciate good and unique cosplays ^^ Did you?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 22:35:35 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: A couple of times. I remember one year I went as Seto Kaiba from YuGiOh, and another year I went as Squall Leonhart from FF8.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 22:45:32 )
@Colin: Absolutely! Valakut Exploration is really good, I wish there was Green in Prosper so I could play some of the extra lands per turn spells. Probably for the best that he's not lol!

@Totalanimefan: Yikes, that sounds pretty rough. Hopefully that won't happen with me then, jeez

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.