Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/30 20:14:18 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@totalanimefan: I wish you the best of luck for when you start.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/30 21:38:21 )

@Colin: Thanks. Any plans for this weekend?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/30 23:33:26 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: I never do. Might meet a friend for coffee on Sunday, but that's doubtful. I never have a lot going on.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/30 23:46:56 )

@Colin: If you do that sounds nice. I don't really have plans this weekend either. Maybe clean the house. On Thursday my sister and a friend is flying in and I think that they are going to come to mine before Otakon this weekend. Then they are going to stay at mine on Monday.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/30 23:59:08 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: Fair enough, fair enough.

Otakon... oh man, it has been forever and a day since I went to my last convention, to understate it. Last one I went to was Anime North in Toronto, years and years and YEARS ago.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/31 00:57:09 )

@Colin: How many years go we talking? As of now I don't think anyone has been to a con anywhere in the world since Feb 2020 lol. I went to one New Year's 2020 but I was sick that weekend and I had to spend the con in the hotel room in bed! lolol
So my last con I was out exploring and enjoying the con was Otakon 2019.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/31 00:58:29 )

Oh I also decided to make myself a timeline/ rough outline of what I would like my first month to look at when I start school again. I'm going to FL in Sept too, to see family and friends I haven't seen since 2018. I still want to make time for studying then, I just can't take any of the exams while I'm there. I'll be in FL from Sept 15th to Sept 27th.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/31 01:24:02 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@totalanimefan: I think we're talking well over a decade by this point. Sucks to hear you were sick for that New Year's one...

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/31 01:31:18 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Totalanimefan: No worries! If I get one, cool. If not, that's all right~<3
I got Dialga in my dex.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/31 04:05:29 )
@Totalanimefan: I've seen some Youtube videos of it, and studied a bit into it. It seems like it's a form of hypnosis to me, and my therapist sort of agrees with me. With that said, and the assumption that the Youtube videos can work for some people, I would assume you could sorta do it yourself. Idk though. Happy Friday!

@Colin: Very true! Like I said, it needs a build-around type of thing. I doubt Outlast would even be as good as that, since few of them have that sort of resiliency abilities. Idk, maybe they'd be awesome if they were Instant.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/31 04:37:30 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: The thopters it produces could be amazing Devour fodder. Hmmm... oop, now my brain's working...

But yeah, instant-speed Outlast? I'd pay the HELL out of that. Though it was nice you didn't have to tap the creature to Outlast it.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/31 05:01:00 )
@Colin: Lol. Yeah Devour, or in my case, Arcbound Ravager! That card is super dumb and I love it! To me it makes no sense that Outlast isn't an Instant ability, because of the name of the ability. Like, blocking and then +1ing the creature to "outlast" the other creature in Combat makes WAAAAY more sense than tapping down on your turn.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/31 05:43:24 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: I guess WoTC was trying to go for a slow-burn, "they play the long game and survive, and will last longer than the other clans" sorta flavour?

Which I can appreciate, but it doesn't translate mechanically too well.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/31 06:02:48 )
@Colin: I can see that. Still think my version is better though haha.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/31 06:06:47 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Because it IS better. I'm trying to remember which clans dominated in my own meta, but I can't recall off-hand. I think it was Jeskai and Mardu... with a smattering of Abzan SIEGE RHINO!

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/31 11:12:56 )
@Totalanimefan: Yikes. :C It's been hot all week unfortunately.
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/31 19:43:38 )
Hello everyone!
I haven't been here in a bit lol.
Feel free to ping me!
Also, you can call me Seni!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/31 22:54:41 )
@Colin: Yeah, it would be pretty great that way if it was an Instant. I had a buddy that played Mardu Warriors during that time and it was pretty strong, he was constantly top 8ing. He's our resident "Tribal Deck go Brrrrr...." player lol.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/31 23:49:31 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Tribal decks can be amazing when done well, or interestingly. But sadly, just because something CAN Tribal, doesn't mean it SHOULD.

That being said Mardu DID tribal well, lol

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/1 00:29:20 )
@Colin: I agree with all of that. Especially since they had the shield and sword lords in WB for Warriors, it was really pretty good. I was surprised he didn't play CoCo instead of the Red. Seemed way better that way, but he was doing really well usually so what do I know?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.