Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Charities A Giveaway for Your Common Needs - Come hangout with us!

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/5 02:44:45 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
@Totalanimefan: Eh, I'm all right.
Tired as hell, but all rirght

Yourself?

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/5 03:17:11 )
@Colin: 10 mana is Finale of Devastation mana right? Tooth and Nail works as well and for less than that. There's a lot of good stuff you can do with 10 mana.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/5 03:37:19 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

@sorrowthemad: Technically Finale of Devastation is 2 green and an X-cost, but it's at least 10 mana into it to get the FULL effect of the card. Tooth and Nail is 5 colourless and 2 green, with an extra 2 colourless to entwine it. So both those have SUBSTANTIALLY more value.

...and might I say, Tooth and Nail is one of my absolute favourite green spells. EVER.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/5 12:34:56 )
@Colin: Yeah I was including the "full" cost of Finale. I guess with the GG in the cost that makes it 12, so it's a bit more than Tarrasque. Oh yeah, Tooth and Nail is FANTASTIC :D

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/5 14:28:16 )

@Totalanimefan: thanks. I got an appointment date today. I have to go to the hospital next Wednesday.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/5 21:29:14 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Tooth and Nail is actually a part of my dragon Commander deck. It's sheer versatility in deck makes it invaluable. I've loved it ever since it was first introduced.

And yeah, Finale is a little more expensive, but... not by much. For a green deck, 2 mana should be nothing by that point, heh.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/5 23:38:23 )
@Colin: Yeah, I want to eventually get a Tooth and Nail Commander deck. It'll probably be some sort of "I win" combo, like Kiki Combo or Yawgmoth and an Undying creature, or Mikaeus and Triskelion or something. Lol!

I've altered Prosper slightly. I've upped some of the removal and I've switched Grinding Station with Ghirapur Aether Grid, as well as changed a few other bits. I haven't altered the Tappedout list yet online but I will soon. I figured Aether Grid is WAAAAY better since it's just incidental damage every turn when I'm sitting doing nothing with my mana and it's not potentially helping opponents by milling them (lot of Graveyard nonsense at my LGS). I'm going up a Snuff Out (since it's free), Bedevil (since it's versatile) and a K-Command. I'm also going to slip Phyrexian Obliterator in because why not?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/6 00:31:29 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Those changes make sense. And pinging for damage IS a safer course than milling. Graveyard recursion is becoming more and more of a given thing in decks.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/6 01:13:41 )
@Colin: The thing I like about Aether Grid over Grinding Station is I don't have to sac the treasures. It just wins on a stalemated board and I don't have to lose any resources to power through damage with it. :) Grinding Station seems better with a Storm sort of build where I can tap/sac, cast and create Treasure, tap/sac, cast again, ect. I'm not 100% sure but I might go down the Artifact Recursion package (Daretti/Gobling Welder/Engineer) for something else, as well as getting rid of the Chainer since I don't have too much that a Reanimate or Animate Dead couldn't get back.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/6 01:46:11 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Indeed. Hell, just before the turn's about to pass to you, you can tap down all artefacts you can spare for a lot of pings, and then get them back at the start of your turn. Because why not.

And fair point on your recursion path... hmmm. It makes sense about the Chainer, since, as you say it's redundant... as long as you know you have something that adds more value.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/6 02:25:55 )
@Colin: I'm honestly thinking about replacing Chainer with Share the Spoils or M21 Chandra (I think she's the "discard your hand, exile three cards off the top of your deck one), and maybe change the other three with some other value cards. Like, I dunno, 6 mana "Wheel" Chandra from the Battle for Zendikar block. Lots of ideas, I just don't know which way to go yet

And yep, that's exactly what I'm thinking with Grid. That's such a strong play against Control since all I need to do is hit land drops and it just gets increasingly more damaging.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/6 02:37:24 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Heart of Fire IS the discard-exile one, yes. Surprising how much synergy she seems to have with your decks, heh.

Yep, pretty much. They might have answers, but... they'd better draw into them quick.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/6 02:44:13 )
@Colin: Yeah, Heart of Fire :) I feel like what I need to do is get some things that can help me draw out of sluggish draws. Like Valakut/Outpost/Prosper only do so much in the way of drawing me out of bricks and it's not like there's many "play an extra land each turn" cards to really make Valakut better. So I'm thinking that I will go with a Planeswalker of some kind or another enchant with a similar ability like Theater of Horror.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/6 03:00:54 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Theater of Horrors is a pretty decent card, so I can see you running it, yeah.

Looks like something you'd find in Rakdos though, heh.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/6 03:04:27 )
@Colin: It's ok, it's a lot better with Aether Grid since I can just tap two Treasures to ping someone and then turn it on. I dunno, I'm so bad at this, making all these card choices lol!

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/6 03:33:48 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: I know that feeling all too well. My commander decks are ones I never dare to call 'complete'.

Hell with this latest MTG expansion, there's SO many new dragons, I can't decide if I should overhaul my current, or just make a new one, with the red-green commander deck as a base-point.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/6 12:31:22 )
@Colin: This is why I usually just netdeck. Makes it a lot easier xD Don't have to deal with constantly questioning my card choices. But that sounds like fun man :D The Gruul Commander would be fun I think.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/6 21:28:56 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: I don't like to netdeck, myself. I enjoy creating as much as I do playing, but to each their own.

And yeah the red-green Dragon deck is really well-built with some solid cards. Just... damn. All the commander decks seem impressive, Prosper standing out too, but we've covered that well, heh.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/7 04:20:47 )
@Colin: Haha yes we have! I get what you mean though, if I was better at brewing I think I'd do it more. But hey! I bought one of those Gift Box Bundles today (basically a Fat Pack with a cool die and a Collector's Booster) and my Collector's Booster had a borderless Tiamat, foil Borderless Black Dragon, and an extended art Xanathar :D I'm so excited about the Xanathar and the Tiamat is cool too :D

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/08/7 04:41:10 )
Forgive, O Lord,

@sorrowthemad: Lucky! I have yet to get a Tiamat, and that's the one I really REALLY want from this set. I've opened 17 packs so far, I think? Nothin'. Well, not nothing. I got some okay cards. But no Tiamat. Or Gnawbone. I may just break down and buy her on her own, despite the price.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.