Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Miraculous Ladybug Anyone?

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 19:10:20 )

@PurpdaBurpPurp: yeah I haven’t watched anything but clips of RWBY but I’m not interested in watching it at all. It’s odd and I’m not sure I like the animation style.
    @Anarchist Beauty: I’d be interested in hearing some of them! It might give me some perspective. I love perspective

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 19:23:05 )

SPOILERS BELOW
      If you haven't watched the show, don't read!

@Bonnie: Alright, well I could be mistaken about some things (it's been awhile since I watched the show) but my qualms are...

- In the beginning it took quite a few episodes to actually start explaining what the hell was going on.
      Like what purpose Ladybug and Cat Noir served, how these two school aged dorks became these powerful peoples, etc.
      And I felt like it was a little... Screwed up.
      Like they should have set that foundation earlier so we knew what the deal was.

- The overly drawn out theatrics of LB/Marinette and CN/Adrian not knowing or figuring out who the other is.
      Not to mention that one episode where they DID and then forgot it all?
      I still don't really understand that one, tbh.
      Like how they just forgot everything, when they haven't any other time.

- Adrian's dad being Mr Acuma Man (I know that's not the official name, but I'm dumb)
      Not just him being that person, but also the fact that it's been several seasons and those two superheroes are oblivious.
      Especially Adrian.
      How you not know your dad is the villain after (/looks it up) 77 episodes.
      That's longer than an entire Disney Channel show run, which usually only had 64 episodes in the entire series.

- That one girl who just freaking LIES through her teeth at EVERY opportunity.
      Like tbh she pisses me off more than anything else in the entire show.
      The most useless, annoying character in anything ever.

It's a good show, despite my qualms and complaints I do like it.
      It's a very interesting concept and something fresh and outside the norm of what we're usually fed.
      But it all feels too drawn out, like we're being dragged along through the story bouncing on the ground instead of guided through the tale walking on our own two feet.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 19:30:09 )

@Anarchist Beauty: GOTCHA. Yes I get exactly what you are saying. I dunno it’s weird but I am going to see how it pans all out. There are some odd points but overall I want to see what the outcome is.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 19:33:56 )

@Bonnie: I mean, I probably will too.
      Because I have not sat through fifteen seasons of Supernatural to bitch out now, but still. lmao

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 19:46:20 )

@Bonnie: well idk what clips on youtube you've watched, but the animation style greatly changed throughout the series. It started out as a webseries, it wasn't aired on any TV channels. So I assume they didn't have enough budget to make it any fancy at first. But it got popular because the songs are just lit and the fight scenes are amazing. And the plot is not so bad.

It gives the diamond in the rough kind of vibe that's why I stick to it all this time. But critics will say something else otherwise

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 19:54:25 )

@Anarchist Beauty: yeah, they have a lot to wrap up. I’m excited to see how it all ends.

@PurpdaBurpPurp: how many seasons does it have?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 20:03:52 )

@Bonnie: Is currently at volume 7 but I heard rumors that it might extend up to volume 12.
The creator of the show Mounty Oum died when Rwby was in it's 2nd volume I believe. But I heard he already set up the plot ahead of time until volume 12 (correct me if I'm wrong). That's why the show wasn't cancelled.

Sorry I end up rambling on rwby more =w=
I love both shows equally I'm a little bit more of a rwby fan tho
=3=

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 20:15:33 )

@PurpdaBurpPurp: that’s okay, it’s fine! I may check it out if I remember. There’s other shows that I need to finish up.

It’s cool that the show already has been pretty much planned out though!

Also out of the villains you’ve seen (aside from Hawk Moth) who is your favorite?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 21:11:08 )

@Bonnie: Hmm... that's hard because I don't pay attention to the villains as much. I would say Volpina aka Lila because she kinda makes my blood boil xD And I personally think she makes a perfect rival for marinette~

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/14 21:14:57 )

@PurpdaBurpPurp: I don’t know I always liked the energy between Chloe and Marinette though. I’d have to think about all the villains I’ve seen. I feel like with the most recent the villains were more interesting.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 04:41:06 )

@Bonnie: Well I would pick Chloe too but I never really see her as a villain. She's downright mean but I don't see her trying to take over the world or really cause harm to anyone when she's already a daughter of the mayor. She's more like a textbook case of a bully to me and nothing more.

Lila on the other hand... I find her more malicious like even Adrien doesn't like her. She's manipulative to the core and I haven't watch the recent episodes yet so correct me if I'm wrong. But I see her being an actual villain for cat noir and ladybug than chloe. But then again idk her character very well. At least for Chloe I can understand why she is the way she is. But for Lila her backstory is a mystery.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 05:33:51 )

@PurpdaBurpPurp: and it doesn’t even explain it at all even in the new seasons. But let’s see what happens. I do think she is an unnecessary addition I feel.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 10:35:52 )
oh there have been a lot of posts here

@Bonnie: oh yeah and they show different things in different regions also due to licensing/whatever it is, so sometimes when people talk about something being on Netflix, I'm like .... not for me!! :<

@PurpdaBurpPurp: xD neither am I. I just like to watch it because it's a casual fun kids show

e

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 14:41:05 )

@Bonnie: I see :3
I just can't take chloe seriously that's just me, it feels like the creators potray her to be more comedic but maybe I'm also taking this too seriously

@eerie: Yep definitely
Is a nice change of pace on the much heavier shows I also watch ^w^

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/15 17:01:08 )

@eerie: yeah I hate that so much but that’s how the world works
    @PurpdaBurpPurp: oh no that’s fine! I can see what you’re saying cause I do find myself laughing at her ALL the time but I love her she’s what I needed she when I didn’t know I needed her.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/16 02:28:50 )
@PurpdaBurpPurp: yeah xD so I try not to take any of the flaws with the show too seriously. I mean I'm still entertained. I give it the suspension of disbelief

@Bonnie: haha sometimes I'm like I don't even know how to watch things without illegally streaming it

e

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/16 02:31:46 )

@eerie: I wish I was talented at that but I never have luck with it so I’ve been paying to stream everything lol. Buts it’s okay.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/16 13:46:25 )
@Bonnie: oh haha I find watching cartoons online is really easy so all these kids shows are easy to stream

e

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/16 17:20:19 )

@eerie: yeah I will look up some things that I know are out there but other things I’ve wanted to see I can never find quality episodes or incomplete seasons so it is not worth watching it.

bloop

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/17 03:28:26 )
@Bonnie: hmm yeah only the most popular things are the easiest to find. my friend recommended a show to me to watch and I have no idea how to watch it. I can't even pay for it online haha because I'm outside the US and not allowed to get hbo |D

e
I'm the master of me and isn't the thought enough to lift you off of the ground?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.