Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Nothing makes me feel soo much older than cleaning the damn bathroom... =.=

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 02:01:06 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@PurpdaBurpPurp: Saaaaaame! I hate the way the water sploshes all over, and draining the grey mess. I switched over to swiffer mops which are easier, but don’t clean as well sometimes. ):

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 02:57:08 )

Oh yeah the swiffer mops are nice, but you have to mop a lot more frequently because yeah they don't clean as well.

I got a mop that has like... a removable scrubber? I can take it off and throw it in the washing machine for maximum laziness. It also sprays the cleaner right from the mop. It's nice.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 03:12:44 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Ahhh, you have the latest version of the swiffer that squirts stuff before you swipe it. I’ve been meaning to get one, but I keep cheaping out last minute.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 03:32:20 )

It's money well spent in my opinion.

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 19:23:41 )
@PurpdaBurpPurp: what joke? Lol

Floors get dirty easily? Live the asian way, don't wear shoes in the house.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 19:30:07 )

@Eruca: well I already got that part check.
My family wear slippers at home except one. My brother walks barefoot everywhere and his dirty feet cause all kind of messes...

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 19:32:39 )
I didn't see the rest of the conversation, but I have important thing to say.

I Hate swiffer spray with a passion. Don't use it! They actually make your floor dirty again quicker because the chemical residue left by the spray is sticky. Either wipe things down with water after or don't use it! It's just a scheme to get people to keep buying their refills. Use diluted vinegar or even plain water instead.

The other downside to swiffer is that the scent is too strong.
Ping me

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 21:50:11 )
the only thinking I dread cleaning is my dogs, mainly because it cramps up my back, they get water all over and I end up having to clean the whole bathroom after anyway. Their fur is a nightmare

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/11 23:53:31 )

Oof, yeah I can imagine. Thank goodness most cats are self cleaning. If I tried to bathe them someone would end up going to the emergency room. Probably me.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 00:26:37 )

Oh goodness, I used to work as a vet tech and I remember those times I had to wash them... I'll stick with the achy joints lol

How many do you have?

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 00:27:36 )

Just the two, but that's enough. They're very needy lol.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 00:31:55 )

At these they want your affection, growing up I had a tomcat named Taz and he'd rather jack you up than spend time with you in any way.

If I remember correctly he only liked one person and that was my grandmother

Chatterbox

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 01:47:35 )

Yeah some cats can be that way, but there's usually a reason. Trust with cats is definitely earned though.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — They/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/02/12 23:09:51 )
Cleaning in general is a huge struggle for me.

I've been putting off everything but I just powered through the living room.

The upside is, as much as I hate doing this, the moment I do manage to get going I can set a pace and get a momentum going and I'm ok. So long as I have my playlist in the background going, I am content.

Done the living room, gotta do the dreaded bathroom next and boy howdy, is it scary.
I don't even want to think about my kitchen, but I aim to get this done little by little before the weekend so I can just relax.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.