Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Feedback January Crate Items Feedback Thread

Npc — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 05:32:09 )

Berry Citrus | Alethna
Perennial Premier | Glume | Qt
Snowboarder| Bean

Pixels by Fozzy
Recolors by Lilypoo

Hey Volties, we could really use your feedback. We at Voltra are always watching and listening, so the more responses we get to these sort of things, the more we can improve on your experience here!

Now we know that sometimes perhaps a set is not your cup of tea or doesn't fit your particular style, so try to look for things that we could use constructively. Like for example: If this pose was made this way and you could equip it like this then I would find use for that set more in my outfits. Or another example would be: This particular mod or pose is being repeated, I'd like to see x and y being offered as well.

★✩✩✩✩

In order to create a standard rating we will be doing a five star rating review. So for each set you are reviewing, do a 1/5 ; 2/5 ; 3/5 ; 4/5 ; 5/5 rating to let us know how much you like the overall set.

We are looking for feedback regarding the way the sets layer, originality, variety in poses, etc. But don't restrict yourself to these categories - those are just some suggestions for the direction in which you can take your feedback.

We do ask that you try to keep your feedback constructive and don't just say "It looks bad, I don't like it," as it's not very useful to us.

Here is a template to start off your review:

[b]Berry Citrus[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Perennial Premier[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Snowboarder[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

[b]Cybernetic Guard[/b]
[size=15]★✩✩✩✩[/size]

Thank you for taking your time to write this feedback, you are being extremely helpful!

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/2 21:08:30 )

Berry Citrus
★★★✩✩
My feelings about everything in this item can pretty much be summed up as "I like this OK, but..." I think the item is nice overall, but falls short on originality in theme and poses. I'm glad to finally get some hair without bangs, but I could have done without the curly bit on top. I like the shape and size of the legs, but the pose looks very awkward to me. They need to be paired with an arm mod to make more sense with the rest of the body's positioning, and even then it kinda looks like the avatar has to pee. I'd have loved to see more gender-neutral/less feminine pose options with this item, as I like the color scheme and the sort of homey vibe it has. Crop tops, sleeves that cover the hands, and high heels are things we have a lot of on the site already that I have little use for. I like how the top pairs with the other clothing in the set, but I am not a fan of the way the arms are posed. They appear to be too short. It might just be a side effect of foreshortening combined with oversized sleeves, but especially with how big the legs are, it looks like they should have been longer. It doesn't stand out as much in the strawberry pose, but is really apparent in the one where both arms are down. As for the color scheme overall, I like the colors used for most of the poses, but I must question the choice of an orange strawberry. I don't really have any complaints about the dress, except for some technical issues: the left arm clips partially through the skirt, and when worn with the top, the straps of the dress are partially visible both on top of the left shoulder and through the seam of the right shoulder. Otherwise, I like how it looks both together and on its own.

Perennial Premier
★★✩✩✩
I can't say I'm a fan of this one on any front: theme, poses, or colors. The colors on the poses that have two colors (the tights and the top) are fine. I like those combinations, though they don't bring much new to the table. It would have been nice to see some less-used color combinations. What throws me off is the color options for the other poses (the bangs, the cloak, and the leaf cape). They don't seem to match or really go together IMO. Design-wise, I'm not feelin' any of these poses. Nothing wrong with the pixel art itself; it's just too "high fashion" for my taste and that's not really my thing. I do appreciate the more unique nature of the poses nonetheless, especially the rose petal design on the side of the top. Kinda wish I could use the top half of it without the big bulbous hips. The bangs are well done and I like having hair "pieces" that can be paired with other styles, but the style of these feels redundant since we already have multiple similar-looking hairstyles and bangs on the site.

Snowboarder
★★★✩✩
I really like some of the poses of this one, and I appreciate the theme. I also like the fact that it's more gender-neutral in nature. I'm not totally sold on the color schemes, especially having two that are pink (albeit very different shades), though I think the colors chosen fit the theme just fine. I like the hair for this one. It would be nice to have something like this in more neutral/natural colors, and/or with a shorter ponytail in the back. I like the pants and jacket, though I think a pose with the jacket closed up would have been useful. Having more than two colors or a third solid color on some of the poses would also have taken this item up a notch, as it looks blindingly "matchy" when all worn together.

Cybernetic Guard
★★★★✩
I like this one a lot. It's a theme we have seen before, but not too often--though some concepts, like the face masks and rocket boots, are repeated. I like the variety of color schemes here and I think the colors chosen look good together in each set, with enough balance that the whole thing isn't too solid looking when worn together. The artwork on these poses is nice and they work well with each other, but I imagine I'd have a hard time pairing most of them with any other items/sets.

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/3 00:08:17 )

@KDA Drew: I can't access the link without logging into a Gaia account, but I'm curious. Could you screen cap it?

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/3 02:55:31 )

@KDA Drew: oh wow, you're right. thanks for the screencap! i tried to log into my old account but it kept sending me in circles through old email addresses and I gave up lmao

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/4 02:11:27 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@KDA Drew: Omg, when I read your post, I was expecting it to look similar to the hair, but that is definitely traced. D: It’s sad because the hair of that item was my favorite thing about that item.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/4 02:31:38 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I was going to give this 4 stars, because I really liked the hair, but after seeing that it’s prolly traced from a Gaia hairstyle, I bumped it down. I like the little citrus buns, and the arms holding the strawberry. The strawberry’s face is cute, I just wish the body was shaped different. I also like the recolors for this item.
While I love leg poses, there is something awkward about this one. I really like the idea behind it, but it’s wonky in the same way the Scorpio legs are. I’m also not a fan of how the skirt billows out like that, but I can see how some people can work it.

This item has me confused with the concept. I’m not sure what it’s about. I usually like bangs for hair mods, but I am having a hard time trying to use this with other hairstyles. I think it’s because of the way it’s swaying. I like the idea of the hood, but I don’t like the way it attaches to the arms like that. The clothes and socks got me feeling confused too. I like the leaves tail. It looks well designed. I also like the recolors for this.

The best thing out of everything. I like that we get a full outfit, hair, and two accessories. I also like the recolors in this.

I feel like we already have an item like this. x__x I find all of the poses hard to use, except for the face mask. Compared to the other bundle items we’ve had, this one just feels underwhelming.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/4 04:35:16 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@KDA Drew: It seems like they didn’t trace it, but got inspiration from something that was also referencing it. The similarities are too close, and they could send and desist if they find out. Just not sure if Gaia has the money to do something like this. They’re crashing and burning. /:

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Voltie — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/01/29 23:01:23 )
Berry Citrus
★★★★✩
I really like this one! Like others have said, the hair looks eerily similar to a hair on Gaia, which is kind of concerning in a sense of there might be problems with Gaia at some point maybe. The pose is really cute and the recolors are very nice looking, although I kinda wish that the skirt was a dress like in the original drawing.

Perennial Premier
★✩✩✩✩
If I could give this one a 1.5 I would, but not a 2. I don't really like it, it's trying to be too many things at once and it makes the design cluttered and looks like it has no actual direction. I'm honestly not entirely sure what it is? I get it's supposed to be some sort of plant or flower thing but otherwise I'm confused. The only redeeming quality in my opinion is the hair which is pretty cute.

Snowboarder
★★✩✩✩
That hair looks really useful and I'm assuming that bra thing will be available with the female pose. The snowboard might be useful for some but I don't think I'll be finding any use for it. The jacket on the avatar is definitely an improvement over the concept art. For a rare set, it seems kind of disappointing considering it doesn't really offer too much other than some things that look like they would just be in the common shops.

Cybernetic Guard
★★★✩✩
Another really good one, the whole cybernetic series tends to be really cool. Only real problems for me are the colors and again the problem with a cluttered design. Especially the first one, it doesn't really look like a good fit for the cybernetic theme. That fourth one is also kind of weird, but it isn't too bad. The other three are good fits for the theme it's going for, so good job on those. The mask (or the scarf?) has some weird brace thing, as well as the bracelet items, both make it look more like a prisoner trying to escape cyber prison after stealing some parts of a guard uniform.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.