Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2019 Virgil's Memory

Npc — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 01:49:04 )

“Are you KIDDING ME?” Virgil snapped, genuine anger replacing his usual sardonic tone. This caused Violet to jump in her chair, eyes widening as she looked up at him in shock. His eyebrows furrowed, clearly trying to suppress his trembling as he continued, “What was happy about that?! That wasn’t a family gathering, it was an evaluation and I FAILED. EVERY YEAR. That time they were ‘nice’, but every year they only got more disappointed! More demanding!”

Violet’s heart sank, eyes turning downcast as she whispered, “Virgil… I know, I’m sorry… What I meant was-”

“You don’t know! They were proud of you! Your gift was a reward. Meanwhile, I got a reminder: do better.”

Keeping her composure for his sake, Violet shook her head as she spoke gently, “I know, you didn’t deserve that. I knew it wasn’t fair, even then… Don’t you remember later that evening? That's what I wanted to talk about...”

“No. And I don’t really care,” he scowled, moving to put on his coat, “I’m heading out for the day. Good luck with the shop,” the bells chimed behind him as his hand sunk into his pocket, fumbling for a pack of cigarettes. Despite his words, he sighed, letting his mind wander to that night as he flicked his lighter with shaking hands.

“Hey! Hey! Wake up!” A small voice whispered in the dark, causing Virgil to shoot up from his bed in fright. Glancing over, he saw a blurry, grinning face, “Took you long enough! Come on!”

“Violet…” Virgil mumbled in confusion, reaching out for his glasses on the nightstand, “Why are you in my room…? You’re going to get us in trouble again…”

Violet was fully dressed in her winter gear, shoving a similar parka and boots into his arms, “Only if we get caught, so shush and hurry!”

Eyeing her warily, Virgil eventually relented, never being very good at saying no to her. Quietly the pair crept out of their house, careful not to alert their sleeping parents as they ventured out into the cold, dark night. Struggling to keep up with her confident pace, Virgil trudged through the dense snow of the Ice Realm, huffing from exertion, “V-Violet! Wait up! Where are we going anyway?”

“It’s a surprise, a real surprise this time!” She beamed back at him, “You’re really going to like this… But if you don’t hurry up we’re going to miss it! Slowpoke!” She stuck out her tongue teasingly before running quicker, making her brother protest and chase after her.

Eventually Violet slowed to a stop as they approached two giant rock walls. Virgil frowned, “We came to look at rocks…?”

“Silly, hurry!” Violet giggled, moving to pass between the rocks. On the other side they found themselves standing on a cliff overlooking a valley. Gorgeous as it was, it soon became clear to Virgil that this wasn't the surprise. To his awe, bright bursts of colours streaked across the sky, painting the night with dancing vibrance.

“Wow… I’ve never seen them this bright!”

Violet moved to plop herself onto the snow, beaming proudly, “This is the best place in all the realm to see them! I know you like them so I wanted to show you! This can be your spot!”

“Mine?” Virgil sat next to her as he gave her a look of surprise.

“Yeah, we’ll call it… Virgil’s Point!”

Virgil smiled shyly to her before glancing back up at the northern lights, shaking his head, “It can be both our place… Because it’s more fun to watch them together.”

“Pft, some gift them!” Violet laughed playfully, before slipping off one of her mitts to hold her pinkie out towards him, “In that case, I promise to always come watch them with you, no matter what! Especially during Solstice!”

Slipping off his glove to hook his pinkie to hers, Virgil smiled, nodding, “Okay… No matter what.”

It was late in the evening when the shop’s bell chimed again. Violet had just finished setting up the shop as she gasped, “Virgil… Listen, I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have-”

“Save it, it’s fine…” Virgil mumbled, before holding out a wrapped rectangle towards her, “Here. Sorry for blowing up at you. Wasn’t your fault…” He glanced away.

Blinking, Violet looked down at the gift in surprise, “I wasn’t expecting this…” As she stripped away the decorative paper, a canvas was revealed. Her eyes widened as she looked at the painting in her hands: the northern lights dancing over a familiar frozen valley. Tears welled in her eyes as she smiled, “Virgil’s Point…”

“Happy Solstice…” He mumbled under his breath.

“Happy Solstice…” Violet responded, before holding out her arms with a laugh, “You’re required to hug me now, though! It's holiday law!”

Virgil scoffed as he backed away, “No way..." Seeing Violet grin mischievously and unlock her brakes, Virgil knew he was in trouble, eyes widen as he hopped away, sprinting as she chased him around the shop, "CUT IT OUT! I'LL TAKE IT BACK!"

art by ghost

Npc — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 01:49:32 )
Summary
Virgil is upset over remembering their childhood and storms out.
He later recalls a happy memory he spent with Violet watching the northern lights.
They two reconcile and spent Solstice together.

Today's Game... SNOW MAZE!
Help Violet and Virgil find their destination!
Navigate the maze to find the correct path to the exit.

You'll have 24 hours to try the game, before the thread is locked and the next thread starts.

Prize
Everyone who attempts to solve at least one of the puzzles will receive the EI Virgil's Memory
Additional copies can be bought in Joyful Jamboree.

Npc — He/Him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 01:49:57 )
Snow Maze

Donator — he/him Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 02:01:27 )

oh my gosh that was emotional
i love u virgil u cute lil grump (':
also violet is best sister ever thats a FACT

my hands are ridiculously shakey but here are my attempts lmao

Shop | Art Thread | Art by me~ | Used to be cowboy belphie, buggaboy, kairosama

Donator — she/they Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 02:08:16 )
─ ──┤├────────── ─

─ ──────────┤├── ─
● sry, i'm not that interesting ●
also please ping me

Voltie — She/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 02:08:54 )

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 02:11:46 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

I’m gonna do the puzzles in a moment, just wanted to say my boy Virgil is the best. :’) Wish Violet would’ve spoken up for him instead of gifting him a place she doesn’t even own. Tch.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — they/them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 02:19:34 )
What a sweet memory

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 02:31:12 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — He/They Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 02:46:42 )

ALWAYS PING ME

Voltie — Nayu Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 02:59:00 )
Aw! I’ll try to do the puzzles tomorrow on my tablet <3 I’m glad I caught this event. :3
Ping me for attention. I tend to wander.

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 03:26:53 )

buying art selling things

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 03:28:11 )

I’m not going to do the puzzles but the story was a good read

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — She/Her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 03:32:18 )
Questing: Soulcaster | Woodland Fae | Fall Harvest | Sticky Fingers | Leo | Astrologer x3 | Capricorn

oh wow im loving Virgil's item the background is amazing 'gets set to make an avi with it'

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 03:56:08 )
Now I'm starting to understand the event. This is awesome. I can't seem to draw on images on chromebook though. These items are beautiful. And Ghost's art is really nice.

Donator — They/Them Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 04:00:37 )

Damn, I Was Too Late To Try Violets Memory. But Im Glad I Got Home In Time To Do This One!

Voltie — she/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 04:01:15 )

I did the first one :D
Ill edit in the other two if I do them also

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 04:23:24 )

VIRGIL<3

awwwwww this is so sweeeeet!

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator — Divine Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 04:36:11 )

°<°art by Keturah🖤🦖🖤

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/29 06:30:30 )

banner by Ruby ❤️

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.