Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Winter Solstice 2019 〜(꒪꒳꒪)〜

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:25:54 )
once masa said 'it's easy you don't need to learn japanese'
then I opened a pic with instructions and was like
WHAT
I'm too dumb for games, I'd rather play simple stuff xDDD like the cat game.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:28:44 )

omg mdom LOLLL
    imo it's still a lot easier than other jp mobile games out there--
    i'm glad for its simplicity, designed for people who don't have the attention span for it to just idly tap tap tap

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:31:36 )

Yeah nope. XD can't do other language games no matter how much I want to. I can barely manage English and it's my first language. Lmao.
If there is a learning disability. Mental disorder. Or something that puts a barrier on retaining languages I'm pretty sure I've got it.

I did download Duolingo to continue trying to break out of that barrier though. It's hard. And frustrating.

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:33:26 )

language learning is... hm
    i can't really compare my experience with yours since i'm ESL
    but yeah... also the older you get the harder it is to learn

Donator Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:35:37 )
And Chinese is hard af xD
so learning that first already opened your mind

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:36:53 )

yeah, and knowing chinese helps immensely when learning japanese

languages, man

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:38:25 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@pachi: I tried to buy all of my favorites at first, but a lot of my main favs items are priced higher at the resale stores. A ¥700 key charm turns into ¥3000 each for Shokudaikiri, Hasebe, Mika, and Kogi because they always make them the harder to get items.
Maybe they’re delaying the kiwame forms because they want to find a way to monetize them boys some more.

Ahhh, they’re missing my patch daddy, Shokudaikiri, and his bae, Hasebe. I also didn’t see Kogi. T^T

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:40:02 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

mdom, I was shit at Japanese when I first started playing and learned everything from the English wiki page. It really is a simple game once you get everything down. :’D The new rainbow boy is so beautiful, and I’m going to get broke trying to get him.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:40:08 )

@Tsundererra: broooo all of your favs are $$$$$$$$$$$$ RIP your wallet
    ughhh you're right
    capitalism will always grip us
    sword capitalism
    can't escape

omg nooo dude they're all in the dropdown menus LOLLL
    they got everyone up to nene!!!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:50:17 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@pachi: Even the side favs I had to downsize are wallet wreckers, like Hotarumaru. ToT Japan knows how to keep people thirsty and paying big prices willingly.

LMFAO, I am so stupid, I didn’t even see the drop down menu. I was getting so salty because I saw Chiyo and Kotegiri and was like WHY ARE YA’LL HERE BEFORE MY OG BOYS?! Damn, they really worked hard to stay updated. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:52:41 )

@Tsundererra: me and my cheap taste heh heh
    i'm so stingy i don't even wanna shell out like 600-800 for nagasone
    i saw this strap i was missing but passed on it 'cause he was 600 pffft
    (in hindsight i should've bought it 'cause i got the matching hachi one in gacha later)
    ((i spent 1800 on that gacha trying to get him))

LMAOOOOO
    the official merch that include all the boys in one go are the real MVPs
    god bless this artist also homerun ken with the potedan boys

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:53:25 )

Let's see. I have English.
And then I have words here and there (mostly read because my mouth butchers words) in French, Japanese, Spanish, German, ASL
Most of them being "hello" xD
I've learned many others as well. But it just goes poof from my head :( the awareness that I learned it once is there. But what IT is? I have no idea!!!

I guess my next best is ASL, but even that is shaky. Mainly baby words xD like "food" "more" and " all done"

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:55:58 )

the best way to learn is to be thrown in and immersed in it tbh... but knowing a bit is still better than nothing!!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 05:59:41 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@pachi: Omg, poor Naga! You should’ve gotten himmmm. Think about how lonely all your hachis are without their matching Naga. D’x I could never do my sons dirty like that. I remember for the tsum tsums, I got Shokudaikiri in a full box set (with some other swords) for ¥3600, and I literally hunted down a Hasebe and shelled out ¥3800 for him. >3>;;

Yo, it is rare for them to release a merch that has all the boys with one purchase, unless it’s an art book. They know to break that stuff down into groups to make the most of the money. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 06:01:12 )

@Tsundererra: aruji is broke and has to budget and hachi wins against nagasone every time LOLLL
    also holy shit... rip
    wasn't hasebe a set bonus too
    i know hotaru was

bruh they used to split up families for some other sets but lately (like the kotetsu mochis coming out in jan!!!) they're keeping fams together thank god

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 06:02:08 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Immersion is definitely the best way to learn. I was really bad at Japanese. Like embarrassingly bad. Then I studied abroad, and it was like something clicked in my mind and made it easier to learn. Then I lived and worked there for a few years, and now I’m pretty comfortable at it.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — AAAAAAAAAA Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 06:04:21 )

immersion is how i learned english~
    but well
    i had to tbh

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 06:07:48 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@pachi: All the arujis are broke trying to support their boys. xD Hasebe was a preorder bonus, which is why I had to hunt him down individually instead of buying the box set. And omg, when I was moving back to the US, the box filled with my tsum tsums got a hole, and MY HOTARUMARU FELL OUT. I was so pissed. Like out of all the ones that could’ve fallen out, it had to be him... I had to order another one from surugaya and pay for proxy shipping from Japan. Anything to keep my tsum tsums together.

I noticed they’re keeping the fams together. :’) They now have enough boys that they don’t have to separate groups to make money.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 06:08:35 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

Did you learn English when you were younger? Because RIP if you had to do it as an adult. It’s not impossible, but more of a struggle. x__x

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/26 06:11:01 )

English is dumb and complicated xD and way to many variations.

Also makes me think dialect .. which reminds me that even japanese has that and I can't tell the difference at all...
Is dialect only a spoken language thing with accents or does it have to do with how a sentence is organized? I don't actually know.

I think I'm getting tired because now I'm talking nonsense random thoughts

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.