Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Ex Profundis Inferni Convivæ

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 05:48:27 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"No clue." Lex admitted.

[b}"All I'm aware of, is that she can call her Mom whenever to pick her up."[/b] he said.

"If I were to wager a guess, she can be here until daylight fades." he went on.

"Beyond that, dunno." he shrugged.

"We'll have to get that info from her when we chat."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 05:52:10 )

Aimee nodded.

"Of course." She said before pausing a moment.

"All right give me a second to finish up and we can take the food out to her." She added before doing just as she said. It didn't take long, just a couple of seconds, really, before there were three helpings dished out into bowls.

"All right, you take yours, I'll grab the other two." She said before pausing.

"Wait... does she know about mana?" She asked

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 06:11:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex grabbed his, before nodding.

"Yeah, pretty sure she does." he said.

"She's friends with Leo, and he contacts her through dreams, I've heard." he went on.

"So if she's aware of the Order, then she should be aware of mana overall." he reasoned.

"...at least, pretty sure about that." he muttered.

"...now I'm not sure..." he admitted.

"But Leo would have warned us if she wasn't, right?" he then inquired at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 06:14:02 )

"I hope so." Aimee said before using her mana to have the food, the servings, be transported from where they were sitting on the counter to the coffee table they had in the den. Lunet just chuckled when she saw it. Leo hadn't mentioned anything about them being mages, but she was certainyl not surprised.

"Well, now she knows." Aimee said with a shrug before they made their way out to where she was.

"Feel free to pick whichever looks best for you." She said as she took a seat.

"Oh! Hello." Lunet said with a smile. She sounded a bit... surprised? That someone else was there. Aimee had sat right in front of her...

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 06:33:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Lex was silent for a moment, raising an eyebrow.

"Ah... yes..." he said.

"This is my sister, Aimee." he introduced Aimee.

"Aimee, this is Lunet." he said further.

"Before we eat, I DO have a question." he then told her.

"How long are you here for? As in, here, at our place, today?" he inquired.

"Is your mother coming to pick you up, or what's the deal?" he inquired further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 06:39:05 )

"Pleasure. The food smells delectable." Lunet said with a smile.

"I'm Lunet." She added as she grabbed one of what was there.

"And thank you for dinner." She said before pausing.

"Although it's more of a lunch for me... I suppose." She then commented, obviously trying to figure out with the timzones. Aimee just laughed.

"That's why I didn't do anything too heavy." the older woman stated simply.

"Dig in, enjoy." She said before Lunet snapped her fingers.

"Ah! Right, you asked about Mom. I just need to call her whenever I want to head over." Lunet answered. "And she'll come pick me up."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 06:49:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ahhh, all right then, cool." Lex responded.

With that, they started to eat, and after a few bites, Lex smiled a little.

"So." he said.

"How is it?" he inquired.

"Does it live up to the hype I've brought forth?" he inquired further.

"Or did I oversell it?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 06:54:44 )

"I'm stupid easy to please with food." Lunet admitted after a moment or two.

"So of course I love it." She added, beaming slightly.

"Thanks." aimee said after a couple of seconds.

They were just getting to know each other for a couple more minutes before Lunet's tablet chimed. She paused before chuckling lightly.

"Right. I'm here for a reason, no?" She asked, grabbing her tablet off of where she set it on the floor.

"Shall we find out if I can even help?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 07:41:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, yes." Lex responded.

'...wonder what THAT was about...?' he thought.

'Oh well.' he then mentally shrugged.

"Right, I... need a coder." he told her.

He then proceeded to explain his profession. What he did, how business was dwindling, and how Aimee had told him that it was time for him to join the rest of the world in the technology age.

"So... it seems I am in need of a website, and a companion app." he summarised.

"That something you might be able to do for me?" he inquired.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 07:48:12 )

Lunet nodded.

"That'll be easy to do." She told him. "I've done a few in the past." She added as she typed something up quickly on her tablet keyboard and hit send.

"What kind of price are we talking for your work?" Aimee asked after a moment or two. Lunet just shrugged.

"I do this in my spare time. So I'm nto worried about money." She answered. "Seriously. I'm in school and live with my dad."

"I'm guessing Mom and Dad split?" Aimee asked, her voice curious. Lunet just shook her head.

"Oh not at all! They are still very much a couple, just... long distance. She works here in Europe, he works in San Diego."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 08:06:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex raised an eyebrow.

"Europe and San Diego?" he inquired.

"Interesting." he said.

"And yeah, that IS long distance." he then agreed.

"At least they're still together." he went on.

"What do they do?" he then inquired further.

"If you don't mind the question."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 08:11:40 )

Lunet paused.

"Management stuffs." She answered. She'd been told quite awhile ago that she really shouldn't give much specific information pertaining to eitherof them at any point, unless the person, or people in this case, knew them. She had no idea if these two knew them, so she was keeping quite, overall.

"They both work for the government." She added. "Met while Dad had come to Europe for a diplomatic thing or something. I don't know the details, admittedly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 08:43:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Huh. I see." Lex replied.

"That's neat." he said.

"Anyway, when we're done eating, you can... well, I guess we'll chat and you can get some ideas?" he suggested.

"I... have no idea how this sort of thing goes." he admitted.

"I'm clueless as to what you need from me, if you get free reign, or what..." he mumbled.

"Yeah, sorry..." he then apologised.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 08:49:55 )

". . . My brother is... hmmm... pretty technologically ignorant." Aimee told her honestly.

"Oh? All right." Lunet said with a nod as she typed.

"It'll be easy enough to just come up with a rough outline. I can easily ..." She paused before searching for an app on her tablet.

"Hey, here. Take a look. Let me know what you think of this layout." She then said as she handed the tablet over to Lex.

"It's one of the most recent site layouts I've done. It's for art and is meant to be a portfolio, but I don't see why I couldn't take that basic layout and later it for your content if you like it. If you don't, let me know what you don't like and we can go from there."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 09:05:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex accepted the tablet, and scanned the site layout.

"Hm." he mumbled.

"Very nice." he said.

"Seems pretty good to me." he commented.

"What about you, Aimee?" he then queried his sister.

"What do YOU think?" he inquired further, showing her the site.

"Think that could work for me?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 09:11:12 )

Aimee took a look before shrugging.

"Your site, you call the shots." She then said.

"But I do like it." She added as she handed the tablet back to Lunet.

"There are just a couple things that might be better to alter for what it will be for."

"Oh? What are those things?" Lunet asked. Aimee then started to outline what it was that she thought should be altered.

"Hmmm, that shouldn'tbe hard to do." Lunet then said.

"And... I could probably have it done, entirely, during the week I'm in Europe, too."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 09:25:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex was silent for a moment.

"...really?" he inquired.

"That... that would be amazing." he said.

"I would be very appreciative of that." he told her.

"Also, I agree with everything my sister said about the changes and stuff." he then went on.

"I mean, as I said, I'm clueless on all this, but I trust my sister's sense of aesthetics." he reasoned.

"Anyway, who was dessert?' he then offered with a bit of a laugh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 11:28:04 )

"Dessert in the country of some of the richest sweets in the world? Count me in." Lunet said simply with a light laugh.

"Lex, how about you go get us some? Let's treat the girl." Aimee suggested with a light laugh.

"And you," she started, looking back to the teen, "Need to figure what kind of price it's going to cost for your work." Lunet didn't say anything, but did nod. She knew that she needed to, but she wasn't actually going to charge them much at all. Granted, that was primarily because she didn't do what she did for money, she did it because she liked to.

Plus, it was a chance to come to Europe, so she was not going to complain.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 23:01:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex laughed again.

"Of course." he replied.

"I'll grab some right now." he told them.

Time had passed, faster than they had expected, and it was time for Lunet to be heading out really soon.

"Glad you enjoyed the desserts." Lex told her.

"But it seems like today's session has ended." he commented.

"You said you were going to get your mother to come get you?" he then inquired, just confirming what she'd said earlier.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/12 23:34:28 )

Lunet nodded.

"I did, yes." She said as she reached for her phone. She didn't find it on the coffee table where she'd put it, so she sighed. It must've been knocked aside. She wasn't looking at the table at the time, as she was looking toward Lex, and moved her hand around. She found it quickly, thankfully, before chuckling lightly.

"I can call her now." She added. "Since you're right, it does seem like we're done for the day." She agreed as she activated voice on her phone.

"Call Mom, mobile." She said, her voice clear. The phone repeated it back to her as she set up her bluetooth headset, due to putting stuff away. After a few minutes in a short conversation that Lex couldn't hear, she just smiled and stuck her phone and headset into her bag.

"All good! Mom'll be here in about ten." She paused a moment. "I did tell her to knock on the front door to let me know she's here. No honking or anything." She added with a light shrug.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.