Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Ex Profundis Inferni Convivæ

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 00:37:49 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for a moment, before glancing over towards her.

"Excuse me?" he inquired.

"France?" he said.

"Young lady, I am going to require FAR more information out of you before I agree to that." he then told her.

"Care to elaborate?" he went on.

"Why, out of the blue, do you wish to go to France, of all places?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 00:43:00 )

She just chuckled lightly.

"well, simply put...." She paused before explaining the email, and what Leo said in her dream. While there wasn't much information overall, at least he wasn't working off zero information.

"Admittedly, I don't know much, but at least I know that?" She asked.

"So... yeah. I mean... hmmmm" She paused a moment before shrugging.

"Hey Dad, I wish you knew the details regarding this, so as to make an informed decision." She then said bluntly. She didn't usually pull this kinda thing, but she figured at this point it'd be something that would mayube be appreciated.

"Don't tell me the details though."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 01:13:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just sighed, and snapped his fingers.

"...ah!" he said.

"So THAT'S what's going on." he commented.

"I don't see why not." he told her.

"Hmmmm..." he then mumbled.

"Right, let's see about getting you a place to stay." he went on.

"We might be able to arrange it so that you'll be staying with Holl-" he started to say, before pausing.

'...your mother." he corrected himself, seeing as Hollie was as close to the girl AS a real mother... and he and her were dating, anyway.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 01:19:51 )

She just laughed lightly.

"That'd be lovely." she commented.

"I haven't seen her for awhile, and I get she's busy, but still." She added with a light shrug.

"If that could be arranged, I don't see why it wouldn't work."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 01:32:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Good." Hal responded.

"And your break is coming up, so we can try and arrange it for then." he told her.

With that, he grabbed his phone and sent a text to Hollie.

When you get this, give me a call. it read.

"We'll see how this goes." he told his daughter.

"Hopefully this will happen just perfectly." he laughed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 01:36:10 )

She just nodded.

"For now, I'm going to finish this, then go contact them about trying to organise a time and date for all this." She told him simply.

".... Might get seconds. Your waffles are made of win, I swear."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 01:58:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just laughed.

"I've had plenty of time to perfect them." he said.

"But go on, then." he told her.

"I'll let you know what your mother says." he went on.

"She shouldn't have a problem with it, buuuuut better safe than sorry." he reasoned.

"Don't be too long, remember, you still have lessons today." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 02:05:10 )

She nodded, of course.

"All right." Was all she said, figuring not much else was needed for this moment.

---

She made her way up to her laptop, powered it on and typed out an email, typing far better than one would expect. Then again, she had braille on the keyboard. She'd recevied the email from Leo but paused a moment before sighing and grabbing her phone. She hooked it up to her bluetooth headset and had her phone react to her voice, and dial the number she'd been given.

After it was answered, she said her hello's.

"'Allo! Je m'apple Lunet" She greeted before pausing.

"That's about the best I can do in French... I was given your number through a mutual friend - Leonard Fenretti. He said you speak English, so ... I hope that wasn't wrong?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 02:27:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She heard laughter on the other side.

"Your accent gives it away." they said.

"But you phoned the right person." they went on.

"Name's Alex Leblanc. Most call me Lex." he introduced himself.

"Obviously, yes, I AM fluent in English." he then confirmed.

"So what is the exact nature of this call?" he inquired.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 02:31:02 )

"All right. I hopes it wasn't a typoi... and making me fight with French would not be fun on my part. You'd probably have one hell of a laugh though." Lunet said with a snicker.

"Anyway! He contacted me about you needi9ng some coding help? A site and/or an app for mobile device use." She then said as she sat down on her bed.

"I'm more than willing to do a consult, for free, since I'll be in the area...ish... in a week or two." She finished with before pausing.

"If that works for you, of course?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 02:46:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh?" Lex inquired.

"That's very generous of you." he said.

"I'll take you up on that offer." he told her.

"And yes, I do need some help. Seems it's time I joined the present, and bring my business to the web." he went on.

"As well as an app." he said further.

"Is there anything you want to know from me in advance?" he then queried.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 02:59:36 )

"Well, your address and what works for timing would be great." Lunet said after a moment or two.

"I'll be flying out on Saturday." She then added. "So knowing exactly where I am going after that would be lovely." She wasn't about to expect a ride or anything. There was absolutely no reason why she shoudl expect that after all.

"Leo's email didn't have that information. Only mentioned that you're in France. Which is awesome, I've never been out of the USA."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 03:20:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....the USA?" Lex muttered.

"You're flying out here from the USA?" he inquired further.

"I... uh... right." he stammered.

"Let's... actually, let's simplify this." he told her.

"Your flight times and such... inform me as to what they are when you know." he went on.

"I'll come get you at the airport." he said further, before giving her the exact address.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 03:26:06 )

Lunet paused before laughing lightly.

"I was neer going to ask! But if that's what you want to do, I definitely won't reject it." She then said.

"Is this number a cell phone?" She asked after a moment or two. "I'll text you the deets once I have them myself."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 03:54:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yes, this is a cell phone." Lex confirmed.

"Text me when you have them." he told her.

"And tell me what your living arrangements are going to be." he went on.

"Will you need a place to stay?" he inquired.

"Because hotels and even motels can be expensive here." he continued.

"Or do you have those sorted out already?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 04:05:03 )

Lunet just chuckled lightly.

"I'm going to be staying with my Mom." She answered.

"So no worries on that front." She added.

"Anyhow! I'll go figure out what the hell is going on regarding my flight." After that, they ended the call and she shoved her phone into her pocket.

"All right, now to tell dad..." She muttered before making her way downstairs.

"Hey dad?" She called as she reached the landing.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 04:28:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Still in the den, sweetie!" Hal called back.

She made her way towards him, and he smiled at her.

"Hello again." he said.

"What's up now?" he inquired.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 04:37:49 )

"I just need the dates for the flight out there." Lunet told him honestly.

"Take it out of the 'pay' that you give me for tech support at the Unit too." She added. "all good on that front."

"But yeah. I gotta get back to Lex with details. He said he'd pick me up at the airport and take me back to his place for the proper consult."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 05:07:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ahhhh." Hal replied.

"Fair." he said.

"As for dates..." he mumbled.

"I've searched it up, and I believe I've found dates that should be acceptable." he told her.

"I can get you out there this Thursday morning, and you'll be flying back the following Tuesday evening." he informed his daughter.

"How is that?" he inquired.

"That suitable for you?" he inquired further.

"Should give you plenty of time to do what Lex wishes, and have some sight-seeing."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 05:16:10 )

Lunet paused.

{"Oh! Yeah, sure. I'll just tell Lex I was wrong." She said after a mopment with a light smile as she pulled her phone out of her pocket and sent a text, something that to this day Hal's never been able to figure out how she did, to Lex.

I was wrong on date. Looks like my flight out there will be leaving Thusday morning. I'm not sure when I'll get there exactly. I ... have no idea with timezones, I'll admit.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.