Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Ex Profundis Inferni Convivæ

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 04:12:01 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The man just sighed as he entered the house and stretched, closing the door behind him.

"Uuuuugh.' he moaned.

"That was... tiresome." he mumbled, hanging his head a little, and yawning.

He had been out running errands for his sister, the person he shared the house with. He'd found himself with a LOT of free time as of late, so she decided that he should put the time to good use.

As such, he'd just been out delivering some things and grabbing a few things... before he paused and sighed again. He made his way out to his car, where he grabbed the bags of groceries he'd gotten, and carried them into the house.

He set them on the counter near the fridge, before heading to the den and collapsing onto one of the couches there.

"Blergh." he groaned, closing his eyes and covering his face with a small pillow.

"Time to sleep." he told himself.

"Nap away the tiredness." he laughed, before getting comfortable enough to doze off.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 04:16:37 )

He was able to get about two hours of sleep before he woke to something sizzling, and smelling quite good. When he finally got to his feet and made his way out to the kitchen to see what was going on, he saw his sister there, cooking up what he presumed was dinner since he could see the setting sun through the window.

'Oh! You're up." She said after noticing him.

"Thanks for running around fo rme today. Also, I want to talk to you wh9ile we eat."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 04:38:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" he was silent, a smile on his face when he smelled the food... but it faded when she made her last statement.

"Ugh." he mumbled.

"That's not good." he said.

"Just... you're welcome on the running about." he told her.

"But no chats..." he whined. "Pleeeeeeese?" he added, drawing out the word.

"I did something today and helped you out, all right?' he went on.

"....I'm not getting out of this, am I?" he then inquired.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 04:41:31 )

"... Lex..." She started, a warning tone to her voice.

"No. You aren't getting out of this one." She continued.

"If only because of the fact that this would be beneficial to you. You aren't in trouble or anything, but I have something I want to talk to you about." She then said.

"Now, set the table, please? Dinner is just about done."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 05:05:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He just groaned loudly, and hung his top half forward.

"Uuuuuuuuungh..." he groaned loudly.

"Fiiiiiine, Aimee." he said.

"I'll set the table." he told her.

With that, he proceeded to do so, getting plates and glasses and silverware out. It was all done in about 5 minutes.

"All right, done." he reported.

He then sighed, and awaited whatever his sister had to say. He had a feeling it would be... oh-SO-fun...

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 05:08:16 )

It took about fifteen minutes before they were both sitting with their dishes full of food.

"Dig in." Aimee said with a soft smile.

"Might as well let me know if I ruined the dish before we dive into the conversation." She knew he could be picky with this, as it was one of his favourite dishes, but ... maybe she did well this time.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 05:23:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex raised an eyebrow when Aimee said what she did.

"Uhhh... right." he said.

He then tried some, before nodding and giving her a thumbs-up.

"It's good." he said.

"REAL good." he told her.

"Ruined the dish? Farthest thing from it." he then assured his sister.

"Best I've had in a good long while, actually."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 05:25:21 )

Aimee just chuckled.

"Good to know." She said simply.

"Now, question for you, mon frere." She continued after a couple of bites of food.

"Here." She reached down, grabbed something from within a bag that he didn't see was at her feet, and pushed it across the table at him.

"A gift for you."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 05:49:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Lex was silent, before looking at what had been pushed towards him.

".....huh?" he mumbled.

"A... a phone?" he inquired, examining it.

"...why?" he inquired further.

"I... I have a phone already. And it functions just fine." he reasoned.

"Granted, it's a bit older, but... you know, it's still a phone." he went on.

"So what's up with the new tech?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 05:54:41 )

"It's a flip phone." Aimee commented.

"And you should enter the modern age, finally." She then said.

"Why?" was her brothers reply.

"Simple. You want more business, right? Go online. There'll be a LOT more there. You don't even know, Lex."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 06:17:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Lex was silent, and just narrowed his eyes.

"Online." he said.

"Yuh-huh." he mumbled, rolling his eyes.

"Aimee, you know what I do... did... whatever." he said further.

"I contacted the dead for-hire, and allowed people to get closure and stuff." he reminded her.

"And you want me to do that ONLINE?" he inquired.

"Won't that just scream 'fraud'?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 06:23:05 )

"And how is that any different from putting up flyers and the like around town?" Aimee asked in response.

"It's the same thing. Just this way you don't have to worry about the wrong people seeing it, quite as much as you would need to normally." She continued before taking a couple of bites.

"I know that you screen everyone before meeting them. Do it in an online format and you don't have to worry about someone you decide not to work with having something ylike your phone number or face." She then said.

"It's safer, really."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 06:42:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Lex was silent for a moment, and sighed.

"All right, all right." he said.

"I get the message." he told her.

"I'll... I dunno, find one of those choose-a-template sites and fill it out." he went on.

"Get it done in a few minutes." he reasoned with a small yawn.

"...wait..." he then muttered.

"If this is all about doing stuff online... why a new phone, when it'll all be done on the computer?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 06:51:57 )

"Having a new phone would make it easier. A lot of the online market is mobile compatible." Aimee commented.

"Beyond that, you just need an update." She added before smirking.

"Also, the whole choose a template idea... yeah... no." She continued with a light chuckle, "There's a number already programmed in. If you call him, it's Leon by the way, he can help you get set up with an online presence."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 07:20:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Lex was silent, again, before groaning loudly.

"There you go again." he said.

"Being all 'big sister' and caring, and..." he went on, before stopping and sighing heavily.

"Fine. I'll do this the 'right' way." he said.

"...." he was the silent for a moment, looking at his new phone.

"I'll call him later tomorrow." he told her.

Now, there was a 50/50 chance he would. Not because he was going to actively avoid it, but... because, genuinely, he might take a nap and forget about it.

"I mean, he's a bit hard to get ahold of with the time difference and his Order stuff, yeah?" he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 07:25:30 )

Aimee was about to argue before pausing, and conceeding.

"That... I can't argue." She admitted before pausing.

"Oh! I know a way around that." She then said before holding her hand out for his phone. "May I?" She asked. After he had handed it to her, she sent a quick text to one person that they both knew could get the man in question to contact them when available, when he had a chance.

Allô Vincent!

Would you pass a message on to Leonard for me? Just please request for him to call this number when he gets a chance. Lex needs to speak with him about some work.

Merci beaucoup.
It was simple, but once she sent it, she hadnded him his phone back, making it apparent that she'd already switched the sim card from one to the other. Probably when he was sleeping.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 07:48:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Lex was silent, and sighed again.

"Already messed with the phones." he commented.

"I shouldn't be surprised." he muttered, as there was a 'ding' on the phone.

Absolutely. was the response.

Meanwhile, Vincent, on the other side of the phone thought for a moment.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"Right." he said, before sending a text to his daughter, Nakia.

When you get this, please call me. he sent her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 07:49:51 )

Sure enough, Vincent received a call from his daughter about twenty minutes later.

"Hey." She greeted.

"What's up?" She asked, her voice curious. He could hear... something... in the background, but couldn't place what it was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 08:05:52 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Can you relay a message to Leonard?" Vincent responded.

He then gave her the number, as well as telling her that the message had been sent by Aimee.

"Seems they need his help with something." he told her.

"And you're the only person that can reliably get ahold of him." he reasoned.

"So would you mind doing that when you get the chance?" he inquired.

"Doesn't seem that there's a rush, so no hurry." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/9 08:10:37 )

"Not a problem." Nakia responded with a nod, even though he couldn't see it.

"I'll be seeing him in a couple hours, so I could definitely fo that." She added.

"In the meantime, we need to set up a time to meet up for dinner. It has been far too long." She added after a moment or two.

---

Aimee sighed as they were sitting and watching a movie. She wasn't entirely sure how long they were to wait, although they had been waited for Leo to reply for a couple of hours by this point.

"I do wonder if he will contact you tonight, or tomorrow." She commented

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.