Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Ex Profundis Inferni Convivæ

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 05:47:37 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo thought for a moment.

"Well, I'll get ahold of her." he said.

"See what I can hammer out." he went on.

"When can we expect a call?" Lex inquired.

"Not sure." Leo admitted. "She and I haven't had a convo in a few weeks, but I should be able to get ahold of her in the next couple days." he assured them.

"Cool." lex replied.

"I'll see to it you're up to date on info as I get it." Leo told Aimee.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 05:54:53 )

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 06:28:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"They're doing quite well." Leo replied.

"Busy, but we find time for each other." he said.

"That's good." Lex responded.

"Order stuff is hectic, but we manage." Leo then said further.

"It's running better than ever." he added.

"Good to hear." Lex told him.

"How about here?" Leo then inquired.

"How are things going?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 06:33:32 )

"Classes are hectic, but that's to be expected. Exam season is coming up, after all." Aimee commented with a light laugh.

"Alex here hasn't been as busy as he was a few months ago, as he just isn't getting calls or what-have-you for work." She added.

"Foods good, life isn't horrible. Yuri's busy with this that and the other, as is to be expected... it's about the same as always here."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 06:55:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, at least things are moving along." Leo commented.

"Slowly, but surely." Lex said.

"Mmhmm, mmhmm." Leo mumbled.

"Well, this invitation was much appreciated." he told them.

"You're quite welcome." was the response he received.

-A few days later-

Leo sighed as he stood on the pad at the Order, and used his sand, swirling around him, until he disappeared from where he was, appeared in what seemed to be a lush forest of sorts.

He made his way through the flora, before finally coming upon a clearing, where he saw a young female lying in the grass, as various animals surrounded her.

"...." he was silent, before clearing his throat.

"Um... hello?" he greeted her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 06:56:53 )

She didn't move.

"Been awhile, Leo." She said, her voice calm, inviting.

"What's up?" She asked. "Surely you're not here just for a social call. I know that you got busy."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 07:46:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo just laughed lightly.

"You know me too well." he told her.

"But to be fair, this IS a bit of a social call... we haven't chatted in a while." he then admitted.

"How are you doing?" he inquired.

"How's things going for you, overall?" he inquired further.

"All going well?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 07:48:52 )

She was silent for a moment before chuckling lightly.

"Things are all right. Dad's grillin' me in school still, of course, but it's to be expected." She commented.

"How are things on your end?" She then asked. "You know, aside from being super busy, of course." She added with a laugh as she stretched slightly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 08:04:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well... busy." Leo replied with another laugh.

"But overall, things have been just fine." he told her.

"Still have time to myself, still spending time with friends and family." he continued.

"Good to see you're enjoying your nice dreams." he then added.

"Regardless, I WOULD like to chat with you about something." he went on.

"Got time to meet with a potential client soon?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 11:59:42 )

She paused a moment as he asked what he did at the end. She wasn't entirely sure about the reponse, what it should be, but she just shrugged before answering.

"I don't see why not." She answered.

"Email me the details or whatever after you're able to. Less likely for me to lose the information that way." She added with a light laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 19:00:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo nodded in response.

"I shall do so." he told her.

"They're a couple of friends of mine, and they need help." he said.

"They came to me about it, but my talents are nothing compared to yours when it comes to website design." he went on.

"I'll email the details to you so they'll be there when you're finished sleeping." he added.

"Enjoying the dream?" he then inquired.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 19:02:20 )

She paused.

". . . been awhile since I've done a site." She admitted.

"But all right, cool." She added with a shrug. "And of course. I got one of my best friends here., What's to not like?" She asked with a laugh.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 19:33:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Leo just laughed as well.

"You flatter me." he told her.

"But I thought I would drop by and see how you were, pass along the information." he went on.

"Because you're the best in the business that hasn't technically entered the business yet." he added with another laugh.

"Seriously, you're better than a lot of legit professionals." he complimented her.

"Your stuff is top-notch."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 19:37:11 )

She just laughed.

"I'm a natural." She stated simply before pausing.

"Oh yeah. Did you mention to them that I'm blind?" She asked after a moment or two, her voice curious.

"Because, if you didn't, then do you think they'd take it well as a surprise?" She followed up with a cuple seconds later.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 20:01:22 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I didn't mention it, no." Leo admitted.

"But it shouldn't be an issue." he told her.

"They're very open-minded, and they love surprises!" he added with a wry smile.

"But seriously, they'll be fine with it." he assured her.

"...and I admit, I want to hear about your client's reaction." he then admitted. "His sister will be completely fine with it, but HE may have a more animated reaction." he said with another small smile.

"Yeah, I can be a bit of a troll."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 20:04:51 )

"Trust me. I'm very well aware of that fact." She commented with a laugh.

"But all right. Good to know." She added with a nod.

"Thanks for the heads up on all this, by the way." She continued after a couple of seconds.

"Y'know, instead of just dumping the email on me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 21:17:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, I wanted to confirm interest." Leo responded.

"After all, it'd be pointless to leave an email regarding something you have no interest in." he reasoned.

"Regardless, by the time this dream ends, the email will be waiting for you in your inbox." he then told her.

"In the meantime, I have some free time, so let's chat for a bit before I need to go." he suggested.

Sure enough, when she rose from her bed, performed her morning 'rituals', and made her way to the computer, she found that there was an email from Leo awaiting her.

She opened it and found the minimal details required, as further details would need to be discussed with the client, themselves. However, there was one thing that seemed to stand out for her.

Their address was in FRANCE.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 21:21:54 )

She paused a moment as she listened to the email before shaking her head and having her phone read it to her again.

"France...?" She asked. "Really? That ... all right then." She shook her head again, got to her feet, made sure she was presentable and made her way downstairs.

"Hey Dad!? You around?" She called, not entirely sure where the man was. She knew she had to bring it up with him, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/10 21:35:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"In the den, sweetie!" she heard him call back.

"I made waffles if you want some! You'll find them on the way!" he added.

Sure enough, she did.

Seemed that her father had been up earlier than her (which was the norm), and decided to do up waffles for them. And these were proper Belgian waffles, too.

In the den, Hal was sitting down with his own food, watching the news on television, and laughing to himself.

"...and it seems that the cause of the accident was poor craftsmanship, combined with unfortunate weather patterns." the newscaster reported. "Truly unfortunate coincidence." she added.

In reality, the incident was caused by a pair of unruly poltergeists. But no-one was hurt, at least.

"Levi, Alyssa, you truly are amazing." he muttered to himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/11 00:16:57 )

She grabbed some before making her way, carefully, to the den and sitting down.

"I don't even need to see to find your waffles in the kitchen." She commented.

"Thanks so much. I'm hungry." She added before starting to eat a bit from where she was sitting on the floor.

"Also, any issues with me going to France for a bit?" She then asked out of the blue.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.