Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Ex Profundis Inferni Convivæ

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/14 22:42:46 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Lex was silent for a moment.

"Ah." he said.

"...hm." he mumbled.

He then leaned down and was getting ready to disturb the rune in the right place... when the three of them heard a loud and frantic knocking on the front door.

"LEX!?" a male voice called in... and it was the voice of the one that Lex had been trying to summon earlier.

The door was then opened, and Azazel came rushing into the room, coming to a halt when he saw the scene before him.

"...Lunet...?" he said to Lunet, before looking at the other woman.

"LILIM!?" he exclaimed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/14 22:49:15 )

Lunet was silent before waving.

"Tch. Great. Got the boss' personal lacky here to drag me back." The woman stated.

"Look, you going to let me free or am I going to be forced to go back from whence I came?" She asked. Neither of the humans could identify it, but Az knew her well enough to know the tone in her voice.

She was in pain, and serious pain at that. It wasn't hard for another demon to realise exactly what she was covered in.

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/14 23:20:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Azazel looked at Lex.

"....go ahead and let her go." he told him.

Lex nodded and scratched the rune, allowing the woman to step out of it.

"I'm not here to drag you back." Azazel then said to her.

"But... Lilim, what happened?" he asked her.

"You look... beat to hell, to coin a phrase."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/14 23:31:19 )

Once the rune wasn't holding her in place, she looked more relaxed, but Azazel could see it more clearly.

She was ready to just collapse. Whatever damage she'd sustained had been extreme enough to render something that one could argue has stupid good endurance close to their limit.

"What happened? I've been exiled. Again. This time with death threats upon my return."

♯ And I wonder what you've done to me || I've lost all my ability to think logically || I know I've never felt this way before || Like someone pushed me through a door || And there's no turning back ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/14 23:55:14 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".....oh, geez." Azazel muttered.

"What's going on?" Lex asked.

"Short answer? Underworld politics." Azazel told him.

"The longer answer is filled with violence, drama, and probably too much to speak of right now." he continued.

He then looked at Lilim, and shook his head.

"Geez, Lil... looks like they REALLY went at it this time." he mumbled.

"And do they mean the threats, this time?" he asked her. "This hasn't been the first time it's been threatened."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 00:00:19 )

Lilim paused before sighing a moment.

"They arranged for one to be torn off, Az." She told him plainly, leaving the other two in teh dark.

"He had his 'pet' do it, too." She added with a growl. "And the bastard has his mana."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 00:20:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Az was silent as his mouth dropped.

"Oh lord..." he mumbled.

"That's... I..." he stammered.

".....wow." he then spat out, before shaking his head.

"Just... wow." he repeated.

"Lilim, I... that's..." he stammered further, and then sighed again.

"I don't know what to say." he admitted.

"Just... holy shit..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 00:25:30 )

Lilim nodded.

"... and the remaining has been destroyed as well." She then said.

"To say they were serious is most certainly an unde---" She started before pausing, shaking her head. "Underst---" She tried again before falling silent again.

". . . shit..." She managed to get out beofre shaking her head again, trying to clear it. In the process, Az was able to see some mana flecks come off her. Concerning flecks at that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 00:57:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".......what....?" Azazel muttered.

"Oh... oh dear." he said.

"Lex!" he then said to the necromancer.

"Get away! Get close to Lunet!" he commanded.

Lex did so, and made sure the girl was safe.

"Lilim, hang on!" Azazel then said to the woman, as he started to get closer...

...before all of them felt a strong, oppressive, and almost... judgemental... presence in another room.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 01:05:02 )

Lunet didn't move, didn't see to be scared of what was going on, despite how there was more than one would think she could probably handle.

Granted, Lex had no idea what it was that she was surrounded by back at the Unit on a semi regular basis.

Lilim, meanwhile buckled. She was barely able to stand before, but this new presence brought her to her knees... and she barely looked to be staying in that position. It was easy to tell that she was barely conscious, barely alive at this point.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 01:21:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....oh geez." Azazel muttered.

A couple of seconds later, an imposing man stepped into the room. One with an oppressive mana. But somehow... it was warm, in some weird way.

"...what is going on here?" he asked.

He then looked at Lilim, and narrowed his eyes.

"....hm." he mumbled.

"Something's wrong with Lilim." Azazel said.

"I can see that, clearly." the male responded.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 01:27:00 )

With him in the room, directly, the flecks that were coming off of her seemed to be changing, shifting to an outright melt, it seemed.

The longer it happened, the more of a melt it got to be, the weaker, paler, and closer to dead she looked.

Her mana was literally leaking out of her, and it wasn't impossible for the newcomer to see what the exact cause was. The strength of the cause was growing as well.

What was alarming, was the fact that a being of her level had been affected.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 01:47:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." the male was silent as he saw this, as was Azazel.

They seemed to both know what this meant.

"We need to do something!" Azazel said.

"I know what to do." the man responded.

"And SHE knows what can be done." he went on, looking at Lilim.

"The question is, is she willing to go through with it?" he then asked, before getting in close and looking Lilim in the eyes.

"Tell me." he said.

"How strong is your will to live?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 01:52:00 )

There was an echoing vacancy to her gaze as he looked her in the eyes. He could see it, and it was strong, but he could also see there was a certain degree of herself still there.

".... SAve me... or kill me." She stated.

"Just.. .just stop this..." She added. They coudl all hear that she was fighting to maintain herself with that, and hear the weakness that was growing in her voice as well. The mana that was causing this was gaining strength, and fast.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 02:42:02 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Then stand." the man commanded her.

The woman was weak, yes, but she still had the strength to stand up. She was barely holding herself up, but she was up.

"Unfurl and spread." the man told her.

Lilim winced, before doing so... and it was revealed that she was one demonic wing... and one that looked like it had been roughly hacked and slashed off, leaving... a mess of what was left.

The man was silent, before looking at Azazel.

"Be ready to catch her." he told him, before raising his hand, and in a massive surge of mana, a divine blade appeared in his hand.

Not seconds after it had appeared, he brought the blade down parallel to Lilim's back, slashing down alarmingly close to it.

As soon as he did, Azazel rushed over towards the woman.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 02:50:57 )

Lilim didn't let out a cry of pain, of anything. She was standing and just taking it, as she had been trained to do over her years down below.

As the blade sliced through her though, the pain was most certainly enough to bring her down. Azazel did need to catch her, that wasn't something that he hadn't expected. As he caught her though, he could literally feel her mana leaking out of her. It was mixing with his with a bit of a sting due to level differences, but it was hers.

She was wasting away to nothing, and it wasn't something that could be identified for why.

She didn't stay in his arms for long before getting to her feet. She was barely staying up, barely able to process much probably, but it wasn't hard to tell what the cause was that was bringing her to her feet.

He'd told her to stand... so she was.

It was just even more proof of the mana presence within h er.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 03:18:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...n... no..." Azazel said quietly.

"Yes." Uriel responded.

"But... but can... we can't do anything, can we?" Azazel asked.

"I know -I- can." Uriel told him.

"This particular mana... falls OUT of that damned protection." he said.

He then brought his free hand forward, and narrowed his eyes, as he attempted to segregate the mana that was different than Lilim's.

"It'll be rough, but I think I can do it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 03:25:51 )

"Wait... protection?" Lunet asked after a moment or two.

"What protection?" She then asked before she could stop herself. Lilim meanwhile was silent, but it was very easy to see the pain in her eyes.

"I mean, I know I'm out of the loop, but what's going on?" The blind girl followed up with after another couple seconds.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 03:47:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Uriel was silent for a moment, before looking at the girl.

"I'll tell you in a moment." he said.

"For now, I need to give this woman her free will back." he told her.

He then concentrated his mana once more, sending it into Lilim, before engulfing the strange mana... and literally pulling it out of her.

"Damned beings." he growled.

"Even when they're dead, they refuse to die." he said cryptically.

"LILIM!" Azazel yelled, as he saw what Uriel did.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/12/15 03:55:34 )

Lunet was silent, but didn't press for information. She realised that he was busy, and he did say he'd answer in a moment.

As pulled the mana out of Lilim though, they were all able to witness what little life that she had return to her, mere moments before she met Uriel's gaze. No words were exchanged before she collapsed, hard and fast. Surprisingly enough, Lunet had managed to dive into the way and catch her, cushioning the landing quicker than anyone would have expected. Sure, Azazel could have, but her drop had been sudden enough that even he didn't have the best reaction time (granted, that was largely because of the presence of Uriel).

". . . Ok. Didn't expect that. She's burning me." Lunet then said as she carefully tried to get the heavier woman off of her. As she did so, it was possible to see that the mana that had been leaking out (and still was to an extent, albeit at a much slow pace) was leaving marks on the teen. She wasn't being burned though... it was acting more like a low strength acid.

"Ow." She muttered after finally get Lilim to a position she looked at least moderately, potentially, comfortable.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.