Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Alrighty - time to say "hi"

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 14:07:31 )
... so, errm... HI!

Well, I am new here (obviously) - currently trying to sort out the details and get a feel for the place, but figured I would post, introduce myself, and see what happens ;-)

A little about me:

• Personal: F, married, parent, 2 dogs, artist, free-thinker, teaches stuff to people sometimes...
  • Hobbies/Likes: creating, reading, writing, games/avi forums, being outside, yoga, learning new stuff, drinking coffee, eating/cooking well
  • Dislikes: egocentricity, deception and stuff along those lines (ewww!)

What else would you like to know about me - anything?

What should I know about here? I will get around to creating a siggy and post style eventually (but I rather like the simple, clean style of the default), and I think I have an overall idea of where things are and how things work, but what else? Any hints, tips, tricks, weird little secrets you want to let me in on?

Silly Question: What is the deal with apostrophes when posting? - the preview keeps adding hex code where the apostrophe should be. Does this resolve itself once the post is actually posted? TIA.

And ... Who are you?? How long have you been here? What is your favorite part?
~ Your turn to post! ~

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 14:58:54 )
@Wildfire: welcome one here its always nice to see new faces around =)) do you was on other avatar sites if yes wich??
iam f, mom to be and i have 3 cats

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 16:14:39 )
@Miss Sandman: Thanks for the welcome & nice to "meet" you. Yes, I have accounts on several of the other avatar sites, but I'm active on very few of them these days - there are simply too many requests for my time on any given day to keep up with them all. When are you expecting your new addition? Are you excited?

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 16:16:41 )
@Wildfire: =) i understand that but i need to say that voltra really is nice! the ppl are nice! and it would be great to see you chatting arounf from time to time =)

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 16:20:05 )
@Miss Sandman: Thanks. I'm here now and I'm not really planning on going anywhere, but I know what my days usually look like and what my obligations and responsibilities are... they don't always cooperate with being active on tons of avatar sites or games {realist}. My hands are kinda full with RL and the ones I'm on, you could say...

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 16:22:40 )
@Wildfire: thats normal! you are a parent =) i will be a mom too soon so my time dont will allow to be much on voltra too ^^

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 16:25:01 )
@Miss Sandman: No, it wouldn't. Your life is about to change dramatically with the addition of your new one! Are you excited? Have any grand schemes, plans etc in the works (gender reveals, setting up the nursery, etc.) - and please just ignore me if I'm getting too personal - it's not my intent to pry.

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 16:36:28 )
@Wildfire: noo everything is okay :D i know and yeah iam pretty excited to meet my little girl! ^^ iam from germany so i have gyn and midwife service during pregnancy without paying =) so i have all 4 weeks checkups and she is a healthy little monkey so far =) iam in week 25 now so i started month 7 ^^
did you get your kids naturally or did you have a c-section?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 16:43:13 )
I ended up with an emergency c-section for my first; opted to have a c-section for the 2nd, after weighing all the options. Wish my experience with the first (& then the second) had played out differently, but it is what it is and at the end of the day, I have two great, healthy kids!

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 17:33:06 )
@Wildfire: hello and welcome.. I’ve been here a few months and I’ve grown to love the community here. :) I’m sure you’ll like it here too!

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 17:37:15 )
@Wildfire: yes thats the right though =) the main thing that mommy and the babies are alright!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 17:40:59 )
@Laufeia: Thank you for the welcome. So far, the folks I've talked to are quite nice :)

@Miss Sandman: Yep - absolutely!

So is there a way to see who's online?
When is this place most active?

Donator — Trashboat Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 17:44:05 )
@Wildfire: you’re welcome :) if you click “Forums” at the top and then scroll almost all the way down to the bottom, there’s a list of everyone online. ^_^
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 17:47:20 )
@Laufeia: Gotcha! I missed that little feature. Thanks! I'm just curious to see who's here, how many are here... that kind of thing. I like that this is a smaller avatar site. The really big ones are just...errm... chaotic. Definitely not my kind of environment.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 17:51:03 )

Hello and welcome! I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 17:55:59 )
@Wildfire: yes dear you go to forums and on the bottom of the site xo can see how many users are online! if you have friends on the friendlist you can see them beneath the trades online! =)

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 18:00:51 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Wildfire: Welcome~ I love your choice and timing of your username. xD The only tip I can give is that every day on the front page, there is this airship that will give you one daily freebie. You’ll know when it’s ready to click on because it will be moving around like crazy.

I’ve only been here a few months, and this is the best avi community anywhere. ^^ If you have any questions, everyone will jump in to help if they can. Welcome~ we’re glad to have you.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Donator — PomePome Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 18:04:54 )
@Tsundererra: why you didnt tell me that before xDDD i was like WTH is going on here with this ship XD
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 18:08:44 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Miss Sandman: I try to tell everyone, unless someone mentions it first. xD I had to find out on my own... and no one gave me any newbie freebies like they usually do. ;A;

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2019/10/10 18:08:58 )
@Priestess of Pie: Thank you. So far, I am! :)

@Miss Sandman: No friends yet, but very good to know!

@Tsundererra: Thank you for the welcome!
What do you mean "timing" of my username? - Am I missing something?
I found the airship - thank you. Got some crystal background thing (forget the name of it)
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.