Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Visions of the Future

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 23:47:21 )

"Thanks Jake." Angela said with a light sigh.

"Who all has been informed of her ... vanishing act?" She asked. Jake outlined those that were aware, which was largely just the med staff, a few of the people who were currently there, and the three that were speaking now.

"Well, that could be better. I'm going to go let Hal know what's going on." She said.

"Zeke, you're damn good with finding people... then again, so are you, Jake, wanna see if you can find her?" she asked the large male she'd come in with.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 00:05:02 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake and Zeke nodded in response.

"Yeah." Zeke said.

"Sure thing." Jake replied.

"I just need to get someone here to take up my post while I DO help." he told them. "Give me a couple of minutes, and I'll get to searching." he said.

"All right." Zeke responded.

"Angela, I'll start looking immediately." he then told Angela.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 00:12:41 )

"Thank you, you two." Angela said, her gratitude certainly evident in her voice.

"Be careful... I dont' think she had a very nice upbringing, so she'll likely be very hesitant to even let her presence be known." She added.

"Just... heads up." After all was said and done, she made her way inside and headed off to the head opffice, knowing that he needed to be altered.

When she arrived, she saw that the receptionist hadn't even arrived yet. Seeing that, she approached and knocked on the door to the office proper.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 00:28:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Come in." she heard.

When she stepped inside, she saw Sharp there, sorting through papers. It was his usual morning routine, stuff he got done before the technical 'start' of the workday.

"...Angela?" he asked when he saw who it was.

"What's up?" he asked her when she closed the door behind her.

"You're not due in here for another hour or so." he commented.

"Something wrong?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 00:30:15 )

"Yeah, I know I'm not due for a bit, but I got a rather worrying call." Angela started before sighing.

"We have a child lost in these halls." She told him honestly.

"Jake has confirmed that he didn't see her, and that the camera hadn't shown her going through there. With that being the only way out without a keycard, she's still in the building. The problem is, no one knows where." She continued.

"I'm not sure if anyone told you yet, but I felt being the head of this place, you should know." She paused a moment before sighing. "And I was hoping that maybe you'd be willing to help try and find her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 00:42:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent for a moment, before he nodded.

"Of course." he replied. "Of course I'll help." he said, getting out from behind his desk.

"Who is it?" he asked.

"Lunet. The child we rescued from the gorgon." Angela informed him.

"....oh dear." Sharp said quietly. "That makes it even worse." he commented.

"This is a safe haven, yes, but it's certainly no place for a child to be wandering about." he said. "Especially a hurt, scared child, who is blind and scared for her life." he then muttered.

"I will do everything I can to help you."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 00:46:41 )

"Thank you, Hal." Angela said.

"I brought some of the fae from my backyard to maybe help too. Maybe she'll take to them, I don't tknow." She added before sighing.

"Anyway, I'm going to get to searching... Here's hoping we find her quick, before this place gets packed with people arriving." She added before heading out of the office to try and hunt out the child herself.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 01:27:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal nodded in response.

"Good luck!" he called to her as she left, before thinking about things.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"A lost, scared, blind child is lost in this building." he said.

"Would she still be near the medical wing?" he wondered.

'...odds are that's where Angela will start, though.' he then though.

With that, he sighed, shook his head, and headed out of the office. There was a time for thinking, and a time for action. This was a time for action, and he'd make decisions as he went.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 02:24:09 )

They were hunting for the better part of the day, before Angela just sat down in the cafeteria, obviously frustrated and tired.

"God fucking dammit all to hell. " She cursed as she just laid her head on the table.

She didn't even bother looking to see who was around. She just made her way in and sank into the chair.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 02:58:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She heard someone sit down across from her, but paid them no heed until they spoke.

"No luck, I assume?" Hal asked.

"Same here." he said.

"Wherever she is, she's picked a good hiding spot." he commented. "Or else she's moving from place to place, at times when nobody sees her." he went on.

"Regardless, no sign of her. It's beyond frustrating."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 03:16:01 )

Angela didn't move as Hal said all he did.

"I know. I don't know how to find her aside from just quarantining the enter bullding and going wing by wing." She then said.

"It's pissing me off, actually." She sighed.

"And it's because I'm a mother.... I think Liv is about her age."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 03:28:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Hal was silent as she said what she did.

"I see..." he said.

"Yes, that... would make things more personal for you." he reasoned.

"But we need to find her, no matter what." he continued.

"Wherever she is, she must be scared. And we need to show her there's no need to be scared." he went on.

"...but how...?" he then asked quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 03:46:36 )

Angela was silent before sighing.

"I just... I wish she would just give us a chance to show her we don't mean her any harm." She then said, not paying any attention to the fact that she was speaking to Hal, the one person who could take that literally.

"I just... I'm a mother, I know what can help, possibly... I know she's hurting, but... she... " She just sighed before bringing her hands up and just grabbing her hair lightly.

"She won't give me a fucking chance."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 04:39:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal didn't say anything. Not at first.

However, the next thing Angela heard... was a snap. A snap of his fingers.

"Well." Hal said.

"Now... she will." he told her.

"HOW she does that, however... is up to her."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 04:40:29 )

Angela was silent before slowly looking up at him, her face a mix of unimpressed, yet also relieved.

". . . you know that's not what I meant." She stated.

"But, I do appreciate it." She added before pausing.

".... Hey... can I get clearance for Liv to be here for the day?" She then asked suddenly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 05:21:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal nodded.

"Clearance granted." he told her.

"Just tell me what day." he said.

"And yes, you have permission to make it a bit 'short notice'." he then added.

"I realise what this is for." he told her further.

"...and I fully, 100% support it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 05:22:40 )

"Today." Angela said before getting to her feet.

"I'm going to go get her... and I really do think that she'll be able to help." With that, she left the room, left Hal on his own. She hoped that Liv would be ok with this, and was sure that she'd be able to get her girl from school without issue, but she wasn't entirely sure on if this would go well.

She did hope it would though, especially since it seemed the pair were about the same age.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 05:44:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal nodded in response.

"I understand." he said before she left.

Once she did, he sighed quietly, and rose to his feet as well.

'I really hope this works out.' he thought. 'I can perform miracles, but... even miracles have their limits.' he thought further, pondering the future for Lunet.

Meanwhile, Zeke had been searching for Lunet, when he suddenly saw a child seemingly following the wall, and her nose, as she searched for something.

He looked around, before doubling back slightly and going in a quick circle, making it so that he would be in her path. He didn't want to approach her, for it might scare her, so he wanted her to essentially come to him.

Or, make it look like she did, anyway.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 05:49:04 )

Sure enough, she walked right into him. It wasn't hard to tell that she had no idea where she was going, or what was around her. She stumbled back after the impact, and would have ended up on the floor had Zeke not been quick enough to catch her.

"Hey, are you all right?" He asked as he did a quick once over to make sure that she wasn't injured. Or at least nothing fresh. She just nodded.

"I... I'm all right." She answered.

"Just... just lost."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 05:55:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Lost?" Zeke asked.

"Well, that's no fun." he said, shaking his head a little.

"Maybe I can help." he offered.

"Where are you trying to get to?" he asked her.

"I know this place pretty well. I think I can get you to wherever you want to go." he laughed, a warm confidence in his tone.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.