Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Visions of the Future

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 07:10:51 )

She was silent as she sat where she was, tearstains dried in paths of thick dust and dirt. She didn't know where she was anymore, and barely had any awareness of what was going on around her anyway. It was something that had become apparent, and she didn't really care to find out what was going on. The reasoning was simple - she had been punished for inquiring about what was going on before. She'd learned not to ask when she was quite a bit younger than she was.

Her small form was trembling slightly from pain, even if she wasn't properly feeling it any longer. She was also extremely cold, borderline freezing, but she didn't dare ask for anything. Someone else in the room that she hadn't heard for ... quite awhile... had, and it hadn't sounded pleasant after that inquiry. She didn't dare risk the same sounds to come from her.

Her and the only other one in the room heard the footsteps appraoching. They were the only two left, and she was reasonably sure that there had been a good deal more than just the pair of them... but that wasn't the case any longer. The room was empty, cold. The only other person in there was constantly crying, silently sobbing. She'd never said anything to her, but that was ok. They'd both learned quickly that any noises from any of those in there would not end well for the one who made a sound. One of the others that had been there before had tried to speak with one of the others, to try and figure out how to get out of there... but they went silent shortly thereafter.

The temperature dropped in the room, suddenly, drastically. She sighed lightly, knowing what was to come next. As the door opened, she knew that someone was going to go silent next, and while she hoped it wasn't her, she'd learned not to show fear. She'd learned that before being brought to wherever it was that she was now.

The room got colder, and she found herself growing more and more tired, and more lost. She didn't know what was going on, and more and more that was becoming more and more apparent for her.

She barely realised that the room had been frigid, and silent, for awhile.

She barely heard the footsteps approaching the room, or the door opening.

She didn't even fully, or properly, realise what was happening as her arm was grabbed and she was forced to her feet. As what she had around her head was torn off though, she recoiled in fear. Certainly more so than she normally would have, as well. She recoiled with a scream, which net a backhand, a tighter grip on her arm, and her being pulled in. A hand grasped her chin, forcing her to look in a specific direction.

"Open your fucking eyes you little urchin." Someone snapped before it seemed like there was a change in the air around her. She barely had an awareness for what was going on, but moments later she felt them release their hold on her and step back.

"All right, it's time for your photoshoot." They said, the anger still in their voice, but at least trying to seem nice. She was confused, not knowing what the hell it was that was being spoken of here.

"Come on, look this way." As she did so, she was told to open her eyes. She did so, not because she wanted to, but more because she knew that when she was told to do something, she had to do it.

As she did so, she felt the cold settle in even more.

About the time that the cold was about to make her collapse, she realised that she couldn't move from where she was. Her feet were completely numb. She couldn't feel anything there.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 07:39:32 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"....interesting." she heard them say.

"Normally this is quicker. There's something... different about you." they went on.

"Oh well, no matter. In the end, it will be the same." they continued with a dark chuckle. "You'll be seen and not heard, as all children should be." they then finished, a hint of pride and happiness to their tone. It was an ominous happiness, too, which made it worse.

However, she then heard a loud crashing sound, and a number of footsteps.

"THERE! NOW!" a voice shouted, as people crashed into the room.

"What the!?" the previous voice growled, before a number of the people tackled them down to the floor.

"Cover the eyes! And don't let them knock off your shades!" a voice ordered, before the one that seemed to be in charge of it all made their way towards the girl.

"Hey." they said to her in a soft tone.

"Are you all right?" they asked her. "How do you feel?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 07:43:40 )

She was completely silent, frozen in place to an extent, as she heard everything around her. She hadn't closed her eyes again, they remained open as her skin had a bit of a greyish hue as well.

It wasn't hard for them to tell that she was falling victim to the one that had been there, at least to an extent.

"I..."[b] She started, not entirely sure how to answer that. Granted, that was largely because of how cold she was, combined with what was going on. He just reached out and lightly touched her face, only to realise that she was ice cold. That greyish hue could have been from that, or from what had been happening to her.

[b]♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 08:05:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Shit." he cursed.

"Right, hold on." he said.

"Sir, is...?" one of the others that were there started to ask, before he interrupted.

"There's still time." he told them. "Leave her to me. You just deal with getting that disgrace out of here." he snarled.

"Disgrace!?" the original one yelled. "YOU'RE the disgrace! We are of a proud heritage! We need to show the lower ones that we will NOT be-" they started to holler, before they were interrupted.

"YOU are the reason we are considered monsters." the man sighed. "You give in to your desires and become a monster." he said further.

"This might sting a little." he told the girl, before he lightly grabbed her arm and brought a needle to her skin. He then pressed the needle against it, but the surface would not break. It had SOME give to it, but the needle wouldn't pierce.

"...damn it." he cursed.

"Plan B." he muttered, before cracking open the syringes and pouring them into a small beaker. He mixed something into them, and shook it a little.

"All right, I'm going to give you something to drink." he told her. "It's going to be sour as all get-out, but you'll need to swallow it, okay?" he continued.

"Ready?" he asked, bringing it closer to her mouth.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 08:13:01 )

She was silent as he did all he did. She didn't even feel him trying to pierce the skin, and even then didn't reat to what he was saying. As he told her to just drink it, she would have nodded if she could, but everything was feeling very stiff.

As she was fed whatever it was, she didn't react to how sour it was. But was very easy to tell that she did taste the sour. It wasn't too late to help her.

It was about ten minutes later before anything was happening. At about the time that he was starting to think that it should be doing something soon, she collapsed, with him barely able to catch her.

She felt drastically cold, and she wasn't moving much still, but at least she could now. It would be a bit of a slower recovery for her, due to how cold she was feeling, but at least she could recover.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 08:25:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, thank heavens." he said as he caught her.

"Sir!" one of the others said as they returned.

"Any other survivors?" the man asked.

"....none." the one that came in reported, crestfallen. "We've checked everywhere and done a scan of the place... nobody." they confirmed.

"Damn." the one holding the girl muttered. "Well, at least we saved THIS one." he said further, standing up with her in his arms.

"Grab my equipment. The girl needs to be taken to the medical wing. STAT." he ordered the man.

"Sir!" the other one replied, before hastily gathering the things up.

"You'll be all right." he told her quietly as he started to walk. "Just relax, and everything will be all right. I promise." he went on.

"You're safe now."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 08:41:17 )

She was completely silent, seeming to shut in on herself a bit. He could feel her shivering, and it was to the point where he could tell that she was dangerously cold. She wasn't shivering nearly as one would expect, sadly. She was still shivering a bit though, meaning all hope was not lost, not yet.

"Th-th-thankyou." She managed to get out. It was quiet, and not the clearest, either. Another thing that led to how cold she was. It was very much not surprising, considering even all of those that had arrived had found it cold enough they felt they should have brought a coat of some sort... when it was the middle fo summer.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 16:42:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"You're welcome." he replied.

"Now just relax. If you feel like sleeping, sleep." he told her. "I promise that when you wake up, you'll be in a safe place." he promised her.

Whether she truly believed him or not, she did end up passing out and falling asleep. And when she regained consciousness, she found herself in a soft bed, with the sounds of various voices in the background... one of them being the man from earlier that had rescued her.

She also discovered that she had much better freedom of movement now, and she was considerably warmer.

"Seems we got to her just in time." the man said, talking to someone else.

"She'll make a full recovery, yes?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 22:58:06 )

"She... should." was the reply that he received.

"I'm going to give her, basically, some extra attention though. There are some concerning things regarding her." They added with a light sigh.

"Oh?" He asked, his voice curious, and a bit concerned.

'Yeah... if you actually look at her, she's got far more scars than one would think for a child her size. I don't know how old she is, though, so that may be moot. She's definitely not an actual adult though. There's no way she is." the female continued.

"And her eyes are .... well, not like your average person. In fact, I'm pretty damn sure she's completely blind." she paused for a moment, thinking about how to word the last one. "And that bout of being a little too cold, to udnerstate it, may have serious consequences for her. She has a particularly weak immune system it seems." She told him honestly.

"Has Hal been told yet about her precense here?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 03:10:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" the male was silent for a moment, before sighing.

"Yes." he replied. "He has been." he told her.

"He said he'll see her when she's conscious again, and feeling stronger than before." he said further.

"...sometimes I hate what I am." he then muttered. "People like him make me seriously ponder about what I am and what my mark on the world will be." he went on, before shaking his head.

"Sorry, didn't mean to go all depressive like that." he then said.

"But from what you've seen, do you think she'll recover from this incident?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 03:15:05 )

She just laughed lightly, kindly.

"Hey, Ilias, it's ok." She told him.

"You're the reason that we were able ot reverse what had been done to her in the first place." She added. "And you know that as well as I do. Sure, she'll be stiff for another couple of days, but she's not a statue somewhere, and won't be."

"As for what your mark is... whatever it is, you left a mark on this little girl, and for the better."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 03:43:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...heh." Ilias muttered.

"Thanks, Angela." he said.

"Regardless, I'm just glad she'll recover." he told her.

"Sharp said he'll come see her when she's fully recovered from the incident, or if there's an emergency." he went on.

"...was there any I.D. on her?" he then asked.

"We checked around the place, no I.D.'s or anything." he told her.

"...or has anyone come back with a missing persons' report with a description that matches her?" he then asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 03:45:50 )

Angela just sighed lightly.

"Not... not that I've seen." Was the answer that he received

"She had what seemed to be rags on her, and nothing other than that." She added. "No wallet, no ID, no... nothing." She added.

"It's... I have absolutely no idea who she is, or where she fro--" she started before being interupted.

"I... I'm from Wales." The little girl answered from the doorway, having made her way there. She wasn't the steadiest on her feet due to all that had happened, but at least she was up and about, for whatever that was worth.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 04:14:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias looked towards her when she spoke, shock in his expression.

"W-Wales?" he asked.

"But... but you're..." he stammered, before shaking his head.

"How... did you get here?" he asked.

"This is San Diego... in the United States..." he then informed her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 04:15:00 )

She just shook her head.

"I... I have no idea." She admitted.

"I just... I know I was stolen from Mama." She then said. "But... but I doubt mama even noticed."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 04:27:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Ilias was silent as he looked to Angela for a moment, before making his way towards the girl and kneeling down so that he was at her level.

"Why do you say that?" he asked.

"Surely your mother would have noticed..." he said further.

He then glanced at Angela with a worried look... were the injuries on the girl's body related to this statement?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 04:34:19 )

The little girl just shook her head.

"Mama never cared much." She admitted before freezing.

"Oh no! Mama needs me to clean her home! She won't be happy that I didn't do it" as she said that, she had a look of sheer horror and fear on her face.

"I... I gotta go!" She looked around, obviously frantically. Angela paused before sighing. She may need to make sure the doors are locked around the girl.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 04:48:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..................." Ilias was silent for a moment, before placing his hands gently on her shoulders.

"Sweetie, no." he said.

"If you were taken to another country to be killed, and your mother will only be angry that you haven't cleaned the house, then you shouldn't be with her." he told her.

It hadn't gone past him that she referred to it as her mother's home. Not her own home. Her mother's. And that made his worry even MORE.

"Does your mother hurt you?" he then asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 04:56:31 )

She seemed to retreat away from him, seemingly terrified.

"No! She'd never!" She exclaimed as she backed away. She looked to be legit terrified of whatever was coming next, and as if she was expecting something to come next.

Angela just sighed.

"This isn't good..." She muttered

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 05:17:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" again, Ilias was silent.

"Sweetie..." he said further, but didn't know what to say here.

"...please. You need to rest." he told her.

"You're still hurt, and suffering from the effects of what happened to you." he went on.

"So... so please just concern yourself with resting and recovering, okay?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.