Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Visions of the Future

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 05:14:48 )

Angela was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Yes." Shes tated, conviction in her voice.

"Yes I am." She confirmed with a nod.

"I am more than sure. Someone has to, abnd I do think that having Liv there would help her. A lot."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 05:35:19 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"I cannot argue that." Hal replied.

"Very well, I'll get the paperwork going." he told her.

"Make it so that you're legitimately legal to foster her." he went on.

"...shouldn't be too hard, but it might be tricky." he then said further. "After all, some more red tape needs to be crossed for a mage to adopt a non-mage." he continued.

"Regardless, you just make sure Lunet is okay."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 05:46:10 )

Angela nodded.

"I'll get Zeke to help me out with the paperwork, as he'll technically be the father figure." She commented.

"for now, I need to make sure that she's all right... It can't have been pleasant." She added after a moment.

"I'll see you later." with that, she left him to his work.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 05:55:23 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Bye for now." Hal replied as she left.

He then sighed, and shook his head.

"Lovely." he said.

"I hate when things like this happen in the building." he grumbled.

"But at least Lunet is truly safe now." he reasoned, before searching for the paperwork he needed.

"Need to tell Hollie about this, too." he then told himself, making a mental note to do so.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 06:17:17 )

A few days later, Angela just sighed before stepping into the room where Lunet was. There wasn't much said, but the child did seem grateful to be heading to somewhere she could call home.

---

A few months passed, and Angela was at work. She was currently taking a break from dealing with paperwork to rest her eyes a bit. She had ended up heading to the break room and just sinking into one of the chairs there. She laid her arms and head onto the table. She had twenty minutes and wanted to have a nap.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 06:43:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She was there for about 20 minutes, before someone approached.

"...Angela." Hal said.

"Falling asleep again, eh?" he asked.

"People have been noticing that you're taking a few more extended breaks than usual, and have told me you've becoming inattentive, or you seem to be distracted." he continued.

"Care to talk?" he asked.

"Explain yourself a bit?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 06:49:43 )

Angela just groaned slightly before sighing.

"Not sleeping the best." She answered honestly.

"That's all it is." She added before sighing, again.

"But ... I suppose that I have been getting a bit sloppy." She added after a few seconds.

". . . the best way to improve that, sadly, would be if I were to go to half days for a bit."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 07:10:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Half days?" Hal asked.

"That's doable." he said.

"But that means half-pay." he went on.

"And we'll need to do a little bit of renegotiating on benefits and such." he continued.

"How long do you want to try and do that?" he asked.

"And can you financially AFFORD to do that?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 07:14:49 )

Angela just sighed as she sank back down to the table.

".... that.... that's part of the problem." She admitted.

"I just... I don't know if I could." She added after a few seconds.

"I mean, yeah, Zeke helps out, but ... Liv and I overall don't... we don't really have THAT much money to play with."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 08:02:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yeah, see, that's a problem." Hal said.

"It's been like this for a bit now." he went on.

"And it's all coming down to Lunet, isn't it?" he asked.

"She's draining you of your financial resources, as well as your physical and mental ones." he went on.

"And eventually, you're either going to lose your job... or Lunet."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 08:04:20 )

Angela just sighed.

". . . I know." She lamented with a breath.

"Just... I know. Heaven help me, I don't want to lose her. She needs stability, and having Liv there I think IS helping, a lot."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 08:30:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"But it's taking a toll on you." Hal said.

"A massive one, and it'll all come to a head soon." he told her.

"So you need to make a hard decision, and you need to make it NOW." he went on.

He then sighed, and shook his head a little.

"...I'll discuss it with Hollie." he then said, seemingly going off on a tangent.

"But what would you say about MY taking in Lunet?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 08:57:56 )

Angela was silent for a moment, but he could almost feel how she hated that it was the truth.

". . . If you can actually wrangle it, then honestly, you'd be one of the best people, I think." She answered.

"But... you'd have to deal with the fact that you'd be a single father, in essence. Hollie lives across the bloody ocean." She then said. "So, if you can... then all good?"

"I just... yo're right. I can't keep this up. It's dirivng me to the grave."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 21:47:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I know your intentions are good." Hal said. "It's why I let you try in the first place." he told her. "I'd hoped you could make it work. I guess it was just a bit much, is all." he added.

"My schedule is busy, yes, but I can do most of my paperwork from home, and I can just use my mana to come here for emergencies or meetings." he went on with a shrug.

"But I'll do it." he said.

"And if you think it'll help, Olivia can have unconditional access to my home, so she can visit Lunet whenever she wants, or whenever Lunet wants." he then added, hoping that detail might help ease the frustration and concern that Angela was no doubt feeling.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 22:29:17 )

Angela just let out a breath. In that one breath, was a combination of frustration, relief, and concern.

"I... really do think Liv would take that better." She admitted before pausing.

"If this goes according to plan, when she goes to move in with you.... how do you feel about Liv going for a couple days too? Lunet doesn't know you too well, and I think having Liv there may be a benefit."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 22:46:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Whatever makes the transition easier." Hal replied.

"I want this to be as smooth as possible for Lunet." he assured her.

"If you wish, you can have a few days off to tell Lunet this, and make sure she's ready." he went on.

"And Olivia as well." he added.

"All I want is what's best for all of you." he then said. "And I highly doubt Lunet would feel good about herself if she were to be the reason you self-destruct, heaven forbid it come to that." he went on.

"I want to avoid that situation altogether."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 22:58:22 )

"Yeah..." She agreed with a sigh.

"And, I'll gladly take that couple days off to make sure she's ok with this." She added.

"I... don't think she's going to take it well overall though, sadly." She then said. "She might be a bit depressed afterward, especial;ly considering her history." She commented.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 23:24:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just sighed as well.

"We can only hope this doesn't hurt her too badly." he said.

"...." he was then silent, before thinking about something.

"Maybe I'll make sure Hollie is there, too." he said. "She's warm and friendly, and maybe it will help put Lunet at ease." he reasoned.

"Regardless, Angela, go home." he then ordered her.

"Go home and get your life back together."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/29 23:37:52 )

Angela was silent for a moment before sighing lightly.

"Thanks." she said, and he could hear how she wasn't impressed with this, but also that she was quite grateful.

"Just... thanks." She added with a light shake of her head.

"Any chance you can excuse Zeke for a bit too? I ... I'm gonna need a ride home. If I were to drive, I'm too scared I'll crash."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/30 00:02:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just nodded in response.

"Yes." he replied.

"I will allow that." he told her.

"Angela, I know you're not happy about this, and for good reason." he then commented. "But... sometimes things just don't work out the way we want them to." he lamented.

"Some things even -I- can't make perfect, or better." he admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.