Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Visions of the Future

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 05:34:26 )

The girl didn't relax, if anything, she seemed to be getting even more terrified and feaked out.

As far as she knew, her mama was going to be looking for her, and the longer she was ou without permission, the worse the punishment would be for her. She wanted to try and make that punishment less severe than she was sure it already would be.

"No! I ... I gotta get back to Mama!" She exclaimed as she franticly looked around for an exit. Angela, meanwhile, just sighed and made her way over to a phone. She picked it up, dialed a number, and waited. Once it was answered, she didn't even say a greeting.

"Got a kid here that is going to probably claw her way through everything and everyone to get out of here and return to a home that I REALLY don't think is good for her. Due to what has happened, I really don't want ot have to sedate her via medical means, or mana." She paused a moment.

"Think you can help?"

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 05:55:41 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"...I'll be there momentarily." was the answer she received.

Sure enough, about a minute later, the one she called showed up.

"Hey." Ty said as he saw her.

"So I hear there's a child here, in distress." he commented.

"Care to fill me in on some of the details?" he asked. "It'd really help if I had a little bit more of a grasp on the situation." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 05:59:41 )

Angela sighed when Ty made his request before just leading him to where Ilias was still trying to stop a girl who looked a bit beaten, battered,m and had a cloth wrapped around the top half of her head.

"... As for the information, she's determined to return home, despite being from Wales." She told him.

"We don't really know anything else."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 06:10:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........." Ty was silent for a moment, before sighing deeply.

"Right." he said.

He then approached Ilias and the girl, and knelt down as well.

"Hold on, there." he said to her. "Hey, hey, just hold on." he repeated.

"We can't help you with anything, unless we know more about you." he told her.

"How about your name?" he asked. "Would you mind telling us your name?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 06:39:04 )

She was silent for a moment, seeming to be debating how to get the hell out of there instead of answering the question.

". . . Lunet." She answered after a few seconds.

"L... Lunet Evans." She added a few seconds later.

"I... I gotta get to Mama though. Before she's mad."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 07:07:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"We'll do all we can to help you." Tyson replied.

"Please... let us help." he said.

"Lunet, honey, you're a loooooong way from home." he then told her.

"You're across the ocean." he went on.

"You won't be able to get back to your mama on your own." he said further. "You'll just end up getting lost and hurt." he continued.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 07:10:59 )

Angela meanwhile, had heard her name and sighed lightly as she tapped Ilias on the shoulder to get his attention.

"I... then... then help. I gotta get home. I can't.. I ... I gotta get home to help Mama." She said. "Before... before she gets really really mad at me."

Meanwhile Angela just sighed after she Ilias had stepped aside a bit.

"Well, at least we have a name." She told him.

"Any chance you can help look into that? Or do you need to get back to the lab?" She asked, her voice curious.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 07:37:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ilias shook his head.

"I don't need to get back to the lab right now." he told Angela.

"I'll look into it, see what I can find." he said.

".....odds are I won't like what I find, though..." he then mumbled.

Meanwhile, Tyson just sighed as well.

"Lunet, my name is Tyson." he introduced himself.

"Ty, for short." he continued.

"Please... if you want us to help you, you need to let us help you." he then said. "You're still recovering. You're still hurt." he went on.

"Let us help you get better."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 07:39:50 )

Angela just sighed.

"Thanks Ilias. You'd be better than me at doing this - you're more used to research." she commented b efore looking back over to where the kid and Ty were.

". .. because I really don't want her to go back there. I don't think... I just really don't think that it would be good for her."

-

Lunet was silent for a moment before shaking her head.

"I.. I gotta get home... how can I do that if I'm so far away? Mana needs me."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 08:05:44 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I don't think so, either." Ilias replied.

"From what I've seen and heard, we might need to stage some kind of intervention and... well... maybe some kind of restraining order." he continued.

"...I hate saying that, but I think it might come to that." he said further.

Meanwhile, Tyson sighed once again.

"You can't." he replied.

"Not by yourself." he said further.

"You're hurt, recovering, and you are a VERY long way from home. You need us to help you." he reiterated.

"...please?" he then asked.

"I can see you're hurting. I know what that feels like. But you can trust us. I promise."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 08:12:21 )

"I have absolutely no idea." Angela commented with a sigh. "I just... have no idea what i tis that will need to happen. Beyond us trying to find the woman." She added.

Lunet was not being cooperative, was fighting Ty regarding staying there. Angela approached before sighing lightly.

"Hey,Lunet? How about this. WE'll find your Mama, but you have to sit tight and play nice until then, all right?" She asked the child. Lunet didn't say anything, couldn't argue that.

She knew where to go though, that was the thing. But she was cheeky and smart.

They didn't want to help? Fine. She'd head out on her own then.

She'd play nice... for now.

". .. . . kay." She said after a few seconds, finally giving in, at least it seemed that way.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 08:25:49 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Tyson was silent for a moment, narrowing his eyes.

".....all right." he said.

"Please lay back down in bed, and get some rest." he told her.

"We'll bring you something to eat in a bit." he went on.

"I'm sure you're hungry." he added.

'....that seemed like a sudden shift.' he then thought.

'It couldn't have been THAT easy... could it?' he wondered further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 09:10:28 )

Lunet was silent, but she did do as she was told to. She made her way back to the bed, although Angela had needed to help since the stiffness she was still feeling it made it a bit difficult to actually climb back onto the bed.

Once she was in and comfy, Angela made her way out of the room again and just sighed. She saw Ilias was still there and nodded.

"Cool. All right, you two need to try and hunt out any information you can get about the gilr, and her family." She said with a light sigh.

"Since we both know that with what we were hearing, she can't go back to that woman." She continued.

"Or if it isn't the woman that is the problem, she can't go back to whatever the issue is back there." She paused a moment before sighing. "But I am seriously concerned about the amount o fscarring she's sustained. Taht can be all from the fact that she's blind. Some of it just doesn't... fit with that, I suppose."

---

Later that night, after the halls were silent and those that had spoken with her earlier had gone through, Lunet crept out of the bed she was in and silently, surprisingly so, made her way through the wing. She didn't know where she was going, but she did manage to get a feel for the directions pretty well, surprisingly easily at that. She'd listened when they left earlier, and were able to pick up on the direction, at least.

With that in hand, she was able to get out of the wing with little difficulty. Well, definitely far less than one would actually figure she would considering she was blind.

That didn't last long though. She quickly learned that she had no idea where she was going, where she needed to go to get out of there, or even really where she was. It wasn't pleasant, and she started to feel the first signs of panic brewing within her. She was panicking because she was lost, had no idea where to find someone for help, had no idea who she could ask for help, and certainly couldn't backtrack to make her way back there.

As a result, she opted to hide. Her childish brain was telling her that was a good idea, and it was usually what she did when her Mama was getting to be a bit too much, and she needed to avoid her, anyway. Always worked out in situations like that, so why wouldn't i there?

She made her way to a wall and walked along it, trailing a hand as she went until she found a door. She tried to open it, found she could (with a little fumbling, of course) and entered, completely unaware that she had found what was essentially just a storage room. The chances of someone finding her in there, were pretty slim - but certainly not impossible.

She made her way to what she was sure was corner, grabbed a piece of fabric she passed on the way, and just sat down, covering herself and attempting to hide from view.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 21:33:08 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She was hiding there for about a minute, before she heard some footsteps coming in her direction. They were heavy and purposeful, but they didn't seem to be directed towards her.

The footsteps grew closer and closer, but they walked past her and away, meaning they had no idea she was there. Odds are it was a member of the night-staff, doing the rounds.

Every so often, she heard footsteps, but other than that? Silence. Sheer and utter silence and darkness, as she hid from everything around her.

The next morning, Angela had just seen Olivia off to school, and had stepped back inside to get ready to head to work. However, she then received a phone call, and the caller I.D. said it was from the medical wing of the Unit.

"This is Angela Edwards." she said, upon answering the phone.

"Ms. Edwards! She's gone!" a panicked voice said in response.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 22:25:55 )

As she heard him, Lunet internally panicked. She didn't know there was anyone else around, as she hadn't heard anyone. She realised that she didn't know where it was that she was, precisely, and it was very possible that maybe she passed an office or something without realising it.

But the fact that she'd been followed had been enough reason to cause her to panic a bit. She couldn't be found, they were going to stop her from getting to where she was supposed to be, and she knew that. They had tried to stop her last night. She had to get out of trhere and find her way back to her Mama, where she was supposed to be.

Granted, she had no idea how to get back there, but she knew she had to try.

As a result, she didn't sleep that night. The panic and fear of being kept there was enough to just override the need for sleep.

---

Angela paused as she heard what was said.

"Excuse me?" She asked.

"Who is 'She'?" She followed up with a couple seconds later. She had a suspicion, most certainly, but she wasn't going to immediately jump to conclusions.

"The luttle girl. Lunet Evans." Was the answer, still panicked, but a little more calm. Angela just growled.

"Get people looking for her. I'm on my way in." She stated simply, plainly. It wasn't hard to tell that she was unimpressed, extremely. As she said that, Zeke walked by and saw her expression, heard the tone to her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 22:48:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Yes, Ma'am!" was the response, before the call was ended.

"....." Zeke was silent for a moment, biting his lip slightly.

"Hey, Angela?" he asked.

"What happened?" he asked her.

"Something seems to have... ruffled your feathers." he then commented.

"Is there any way I can help?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 22:50:00 )

"There is, actually." Angela answered after a moment before sighing.

"Know that child I mentioned that was brought in yesterday?" She asked. After he'd nodded, she continued.

"Turns out... she's missing." She then said.

"I'm heading in now. It's earlier than my usual, as I'm not due to leave here for another hour and a half, but ... ugh." She growled lightly before sighing.

"Help me look for her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 23:18:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Zeke was silent for a moment, before nodding.

"Right." he said.

"I'll help, yes." he told her.

He then sighed and shook his head slightly.

"Missing... lovely." he muttered.

"Well, she has to be somewhere in the building." he reasoned.

"......I hope." he mumbled under his breath.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 23:21:02 )

"Well, there's only one door she can get out through without a card." Angela commented.

"And as far as I know, Jake worked overnight last night. So we can ask when we get there." She added before sighing.

"Get ready, we gotta head out soon."

---

About half an hour later, they were walking into the building to see, sure enough, Jake was still on shift.

"Yo. Question for you." She started as she approached.

"Chances are you've heard arleady, but there's a little girl missing. You see her last night?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 23:40:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake shook his head.

"No." he replied. "I didn't." he said.

"However, I can promise you that she did not even come into this area." he then told them, gesturing to the small hidden security camera in the corner of the ceiling. Only those that knew to look for it would see it. Otherwise, it was more or less completely invisible.

"Nothing." he reported. "Checked the footage myself to make sure." he said.

"Well... that's good, then." Zeke commented.

"At least we know she's IN the building somewhere." he said to Angela.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.