Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 05:18:26 )

YA'LL NOT TELLING ME WHAT YOU WANT DRAWN...... I'm just gonna assume avatar, don't @ me when it's too late

@Moodybats: yeah! I remember when I first started by using tutorials on deviantart. it's really nice when artists give back to the community like that, although yeah not everyone's an expert but that's fine too. we've all got lots to learn
for digital I learned a lot by watching my roommate draw
do you have any favorite youtube artists?

and yeah those are good goals to work towards! hopefully by then you'll be ready for commissions

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 05:23:04 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Priestess of Pie: Wow, your style is lovely. ^^

@Hachi: That pout is my life! Gonna try to wear it as much as possible now. xD Draw whichever you’re feeling.
And you should def draw the avi of people who don’t throw down their OC. I was going to say PUNISH THEM, but even getting avi art from you is a gift. xD

( ) DERE DERE DERE

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 05:24:00 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Hachi: Yeah. Though i do think trying things yourself really helps.
A lot of times i hold back and keep watching videos until I really feel sure
i can do it on my own.

Yes. Her name is Sara Tepes[i believe it's spelt].
She really inspired me from her last piece she did in her latest video so it kinda gave me inspiration
that i wanted to paint portraits.

Hopefully so. I am definitely going to be making a will and won't draw list for sure.
Just so people know what I can and can't draw.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 05:28:54 )

@Tsundererra: Thank you Tsun! That's very sweet of you. (๑•́ω•̀)

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 05:43:44 )

@Hachi: Completely random question for you.
What's Locke's posture like? =)

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 11:00:25 )

@Tsundererra: next time half of the rolls will be true punishment. I'll draw their avatar as shrek, with my left hand and eyes closed.

@Moodybats: haha I think my issue is that I'm incredibly impatient so I always jump to trying it out without like... really thinking about it. So I end up forgetting most of what I saw in the tutorial and just end up filling in the gaps myself AFDLKFJ I should do studies but also I wanna mess around

nice, I'll check out some of her videos. I don't really follow any particular youtubers although I've watched some helpful videos from several different ones.

and yeah, that's another important thing to include with commission info. something else to consider is advertising/publicity, but that's a whole other ballpark

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 11:09:06 )

👀 thanks for the link kiwi

@Amber lynne: oh uhhh posture?? wh-what are you gonna do with this information
honestly he probably slouches a lil? since he's always on a computer or just like.. in general trying to shut everyone out, physically, mentally, emotionally...
sorry is this what you wanted ADLFKFJD

@dragoness129: hhhh sorry idk if I really captured her well

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 16:31:29 )
TSUN TSUN TSUN (︿)

@Hachi: Omg, I’m dying trying to imagine people’s avis looking like a Doodlebob version of Shrek. I really want to see this implemented next time just to see who gets wrecked.

( ) DERE DERE DERE

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 21:29:38 )

@Hachi: good to know!
Thanks =D

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 21:37:26 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Hachi: i tend to do that a little myself.
But i'm getting better at it.

All of my studies i just choose pics from pinterest, color pick
and use different brushes to get the look i want.
It seems simple but its been helping me understand coloring better, like creating edges.
I was struggling a month ago with edges real bad. But now im understanding it.

Yeah i follow a lot and watch a lot of youtubers.
But she has great advice as well as JelArts.
JelArts has more cute style but great advice. Especially for beginners.

I dont think i'll do anything in advertising as i don't know much about it. :vanora_sweat:

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 14:45:51 )

ADLFKJ I've been slacking on these sorry. I'll try to get a few more done before the forum closes forever

@Moodybats: that's awesome, I'm glad to hear that you're getting the fundamentals down! I looked through your gallery in the art forum a little bit ago, and wow you've improved so much! I hope you keep at it.

oh I think I've seen a few of JelArts' videos, I thought they were pretty helpful! I also liked a number of videos from Sinix Design.

ahhh yeah marketing is tough. It sucks tho bc so many good artists don't get a lot of attention due to low social media traffic, like why don't they have more followers??

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 20:36:13 )

@Hachi: It might be harder to capture her in grayscale, but it does look really nice. Thank you very much for the freebie! -sends hugs- ^_^

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 21:53:02 )
I just wanted to say your artwork is so pretty!! Holy moly!

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 22:04:10 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Hachi: i couldn't stop now, even if i tried.
I love art too much to quit.

Yeah Sinix Design has some great tips as I also follow
and watch all of his videos.

Yeah, a lot of good artists I love have such a low number in followers that I am just like
"???how?"
So marketing is definitely a hard thing to do.
But eventually someone follows you if they like their work.
I haven't opened my account to the public as it's set to private
but i might open it as i made a prompt list for inktober and kinda curious if anyone will use it lol.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 09:36:57 )

@Moodybats: I'm so glad to hear that with the kind of dedication you have, I'm sure you'll go far. that's one of the things that I really admire about you!

HM you know what other kinds of art videos I like watching and spending too much time on are like... storytime vids, where the artist just draws and tells you a story... I think they're relaxing and a nice time-filler.

yeah it's hard to figure out just how exactly it happens. The internet is just... so vast, and there are so many artists. I think there is some strategy involved, but also some luck too. That's something I've come to realize about a lot of things in life, haha
hey let me know when you do decide to open it up, I'll follow you

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 09:41:56 )

you're welcome dragoness!

@Fizzgig: ahh thank you

@Totalanimefan: here's your freebie but UMMM you rolled a limited color palette, but your avatar was already pretty minimal in colors, so I hope it's not... too weird

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/26 21:07:38 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Hachi: sometimes i feel I am not very dedicated since i don't practice or draw everyday
like I should. :vanora_sweat:

Ah I've never really watched any of those. Most of the time i watch tips, tutorials, or speed paints.
I'm very much on the studying road. Idk i feel if i watch anything else i'm wasting time.

Awsome I totally will. I'm planning to open it up after I finish the first day prompt. I am starting early
because I am a bit..on the slow side. So once I finish it and upload the prompt as well i'll let you know.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/27 04:21:16 )

@Hachi: oh my gosh I love it! I’ll send you a tip

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/28 04:53:49 )

@Moodybats: aslfkj don't be so hard on yourself, I feel like a lot of people would agree that you're very dedicated
it's really hard to stick to studying the way you have, and you've been doing it for so long now.

I understand that, sometimes it's hard when your hobby is also your job, to separate work from play.
But just make sure you take breaks too. Do something fun to relax and enjoy yourself a little, it's important to avoid burnout.

That sounds great I'll try a couple of your prompts too. I won't be able to commit to the entirety of Inktober but I'll do a few here and there

@Totalanimefan: asldkf you don't have to send me anything, it's a freebie

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/28 04:59:15 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Hachi: I just know my bad habits is slacking. I know some days it's okay
to take a break but some days i really should spend at least an hour on some practices
and just sit down and focus on the studies i feel i should do. :vanora_sweat:

Yeah. I mean...drawing is also for fun for me. Though I do have a few games
I can play if i am too stressed to make art like sims 4 or TERA.

This is my very first inktober so i originally didn't want to do the whole month.
Now I kinda do lmao. But sounds like a good plan.
I feel inktober might help me draw and post more on my instagram and maybe gain some followers
since i'm opening it up soon.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.