Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Distinct Fragrance of Danger

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 08:05:33 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Vincent was silent as he heard that.

"Excuse me?" he asked.

"...Kalin is missing?" he asked her.

"And you suspect it's because of the close friendship you two have?" he asked further.

"......I see." he then said, Desiree being able to tell he was boiling inside with rage.

"Then we'll have to DO something about that, won't we?" he suggested.

"Such as finding Kalin and making those that took her regret ever making that decision."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 08:08:02 )

Desiree nodded.

"I'm... quite certain that it is because of me, yes." She said with a light sigh.

"I can't say for certain, but... I feel that it makes sense..." She trailed off, and he could hear her guilt in her voice. It wasn't overpoweringly there, though. Not... like with Casey.

"And I want to help her, but honestly, the best idea I have is to go out there and let them catch me, while having a plan in place to save my backside, of course, but... there's no guarantee that Kalin would be released. They are Mana Hunters, they would likely kill her."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 08:25:43 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just shook his head.

"That plan is extremely risky." he told her.

"So much can go wrong with it." he continued, having calmed down a smidgen, and it was replaced with concern for her safety and wellbeing.

"....surely there's a better way." he said further.

"What would this plan be, anyway?" he then asked.

"Have you thought that far into it?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 09:47:28 )

"Still... trying to figure that out." Desiree admitted after a couple of seconds.

"And even then, Jaden and I are hoping to figure out something that doesn't involve me being thrown to the wolves, so to speak."She added before pausing, sighing.

"But I'm not so suire that, that's something that will do any good for Kalin." She continued, "For all we know, my presence will just hasten her death. If she's in fact caught by the Hunters, then... I dunno."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 21:56:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent crossed his arms over his chest and closed his eyes. He was still seething mad, but Desiree could tell that he was internalising it with everything he had at the moment.

".....hm." he mumbled.

"It's almost impossible to make some sort of plan, when we don't know anything about our foes." he commented. "We don't know how they think, what their decision-making process is, what sort of internal hierarchy system they have, or what sort of equipment they're outfitted with." he continued.

"Sadly, hunters like them have evolved over time, and we don't know if they have something that can... say, see through a glamour disguise." he went on.

"That would make it pointless to put a 'decoy you' out in public to be captured as a trojan horse." he continued further.

"And, assuming Kalin HAS been caught by the hunters, we don't know how far in their plans she has a presence. Are we on a set timer right now, or do necessary conditions need to be met?" he went on, gritting his teeth and strengthening his own grip on his arms.

"...damn it all." he growled.

"What we need is someone that knows how they think."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 21:59:20 )

"That's true. We have no idea, and I doubt Dom would be able to help too much, either." Desiree commented.

"But...I just wanted to give you the information about Kalin." She then said.

"Jaden and I are going to try and come up with a plan, feel free to let us know if you get any ideas for anything too." She added after a momnet.

"And.. .sorry I stopped by with less than lovely news."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 22:18:27 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent stopped and thought for a moment.

"....true." he said. "Dominico may have some insight into this." he agreed.

"Perhaps I need to pay him a bit of a visit..." he said further, more quietly this time.

"Regardless, I appreciate you telling me this." he then told her. "I'm glad you didn't try and hide it from me, or wait, or anything like that." he continued.

"Don't worry, we'll find her."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 22:22:14 )

"I... I hope so." Desiree said with a light sigh. There was definite guilt there, since she was sure it was because o fher, but at least it wasn't something that she could really change. As a result, she had to just deal with it.

"I'll let you know what's going on whenever Jaden and I have any sort of an idea as to what we're doing." She added after a moment.

"I'll.. talk to you later." With that, she headed out, using her mana to just get home.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 22:39:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....." Vincent was silent as Desiree left.

He then brought up his phone, and sent a text to Sydney.

We need to talk. it read.

More specifically, someone needs to talk to Dominico about the hunters that have shown up. he then sent.

It would seem that Kalin has gone missing, and they are prime suspects. he continued to send.

He may have insight on them. he finished, giving Sydney time to read and process, before responding. He didn't want to inundate her with texts, after all.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 22:43:59 )

Sydney didn't actually reply to Vincent, instead she got to her feet and made her way to where she'd last seen Dom.

"Yo." She said, approaching. She had been home that day, not doing anything for the guild or for the Triad.

"Seems the hunters are getting more brazen." She continued.

"A Lawyer friend of mine may have been captured by them."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 23:02:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Dom was silent as he heard that.

"......what?" he asked.

"Are you... serious?" he asked her.

Sydney was silent and just nodded.

"Oh lord..." he muttered. "Oh, no. This... this isn't good." he said.

"I didn't think they'd go as far as THAT." he muttered. "That... yes, that's... actually a very real possibility." he told her. "May even be probable." he added.

"....hmmmmm." he then mumbled.

"Odds are she's still alive, though." he then said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 23:04:53 )

"If she's alive, I'll be surprised." Sydney commented.

"mana hunters. They don't let mages live." She added.

'Unless these aren't serious ones. If that's the case then whatever. But true hunters have never let mages survive, from what I've witnessed."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 23:21:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"They're serious, but they're single-minded." Dom replied.

"If I were to wager a guess, she might be a pawn for them to use, if they captured her." he said.

"If she's connected to Desiree or Jaden, then it strengthens that argument." he went on.

"I can't guarantee she's alive, or if she IS still alive, how much longer that will be for, but there IS a chance." he went on.

"We need to find them, and we need to do it NOW." he reasoned.

He then leaned back and looked to seriously be contemplating something.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 23:23:41 )

"The question, of course, is how the fuck to go about that." Sydney commented.

"I want to just go in and wring their necks, but I realise that'd be a really stupid thing to do." she added before pausing.

"Wonder if they are aware of Desiree being a vampire though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 23:43:38 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Dom continued to be silent for a moment, before he suddenly shook his head.

"Huh?" he muttered.

"Wait... wait, wait, wait." he said.

"Hold on a tic." he went on.

"Desiree's a vampire!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/22 23:44:50 )

Sydney just nodded.

"Yep." She told him.

"Has been for...quite awhile, actually." She added.

"Jaden had to turn her to save her life. He figured that he could live with her hating him - not that she would - if it meant she was alive."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 00:02:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I... I see." Dom replied.

"Well, given the circumstances, that makes sense." he said.

"Proof of love." he added with a small smile.

"But that really flies under the radar, though." he added. "I didn't even smell that she was a vampire." he admitted. "I smelled her mana, and her hunter trait." he went on.

"...and something else." he then added.

"But I'm not at liberty to speak about that, I don't think."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 00:05:37 )

"That's most likely because she is a hunter. It offers her some protection, from what I understand." Sydney commented. "Also, she is in the public eye enough that she also does the same as I do. She takes one of the serums to appear as human - granted, it's the non-life-threateningly-addictive one." She added after a few seconds, with a light shrug.

"For all intents and purposes, she appears human."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 00:27:30 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...ahhh, I see." Dom responded.

"That does make sense." he said.

"Explains a lot, too." he added, before sighing.

"....and if the band IS aware she's a vampire, it makes sense why they're targeting her." he then reasoned.

"But if they know SHE'S a vampire, would they know Jaden's a dhampir?" he wondered aloud.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 00:34:31 )

"Knowing what Jaden is, isn't something that is hard to figure out." Sydney told him honestly.

"Yeah, he tries to hide it, but anyone doing their research would be able to figure it out, relatively easily as well."

"I do wonder if they know she's a vampire though... that oculd play in her favour if they don't."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.