Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Distinct Fragrance of Danger

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 00:48:52 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"You're right." Dom replied.

"If they don't know what she is, then we have an advantage." he said.

"...I don't like any plan that involves endangering her, though." he then warned.

"I'll just say that right now and put it out there." he stated.

"Desiree does NOT deserve to be thrown to those coyotes." he spat, venom in his tone.

"...I need to think about where they'd be." he then said.

"What kind of location they'd choose to hide out in."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 01:05:36 )

"Is there any chacne you can find out?" Sydney asked after a couple of seconds.

"Since, in all seriousness, we need to figure that out, one way ro another." She added.

"Almost no matter what it is that is going to happen, we need to get infomration before there're problems due to the fact that they are mana hunters."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 01:30:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....I think I can." Dom replied after another moment.

"I know what their band is comprised off, and I know who their leader is." he went on.

"I just need to put myself in their situation, get a map of the city, narrow down some locations, and then see if anyone has some points of contact in them." he continued.

"Do you know anyone with a large web of contacts in that city?" he asked her.

"It would REALLY help things here."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 01:31:05 )

"... Kalin, probably has the largest." Sydney commented with a light sigh.

"Although, Averie would likely be able to help you out, too... hmmm." She paused a moment.

"Let me get back to you on that in a day or two, all right? I'll contact a few people and see if anything turns up for that."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 01:53:50 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Dom nodded.

"All right." he replied.

"In the meantime, I'll get a map of the city and start plotting locations where they might be." he told her.

"Lemme know if anything comes up regarding contacts." he went on.

"And we need to make sure Jaden and Desiree don't do anything hasty or foolish." he insisted.

"Luring the gang out with live bait is NOT optimal, to understate it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 02:02:19 )

Sydney nodded.

"May not be optimal, but can't deny the fact that it may be a good idea. Or at least an effective one." She paused a moment.

"Anyway, I'm going to go make a few calls. Catch ya later."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 02:33:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Dom didn't quite know what to say, and just sighed.

"Yeah." he said.

"See you later." he told her.

He then left the room after she did, going to find her maps. Specifically, the one for the city Desiree was in.

"I hate to put myself in the mind of those asses... but I'm gonna need to." he lamented.

"It's always so dark when I do so..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 02:55:44 )

She'd been there for a few days by this point, she had no idea how long specifically, but it was long enough that she was starting to feel very much not good. She was reasonably sure that she'd been sleeping more time than she really should have been, and the few times that she'd been up abd on her feet (as she was largely locked in a slightly larger than average closet), she found herself having to sit back down due to dizziness

Living with Rene though, she had a decent idea as to what was going on, and had tried to rectify it.... But they weren't listening to her.

Not that she was too surprised, mind.

"I gotta get out of here before I fucking die." She muttered as she stayed where she was. She wasn't being abused or beaten, nothing like that. They largely shoved her in there and forgot about her it seemed.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 03:21:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

She then heard a couple of them chuckle to themselves.

"I know how to get her." one said.

"We were gonna use the lawyer as bait, but I have an idea." they added.

Shortly after, a couple of figures were hiding in an alley next to a little shop that Desiree liked to frequent.

"...you sure this'll work?" one whispered.

"Positive." the other said.

"People can't easily break out of their routines. She comes here about this time for some ice cream." they replied. "Even if it's a come-and-go, blink-and-you-miss-it visit, we'll be waiting, and strike."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 03:59:04 )

Sure as can be, Desiree arrived at about the same time as usual. She'd heard that there was a new hire, so she wanted to stop by and say hello. While there, she had her hair covering her face, as usual, and got talking with the new hire. They weren't sure about the ice cream scoops, at least not entirely, so Desiree helped to guide them a bit, as she was a regular.

Partway through though, they noticed that the butterscotch sauce needed a refill. Desiree was chill about them swapping it for the one that was full, not noticing anything out of the norm, or at least nothing that would raise a red flag. After all was said and done, she was handed the ice cream, paid (making sure to give a rather nice tip because they were a new hire), and went and sat down with her ice sundae. As she started to take a couple of bites, the new hire sent a quick text.

Done and done. The place is empty aside from her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 04:17:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Let's move." one of the alley dwellers said to the other.

With that, the two of them quickly stepped inside. They looked at Desiree as she took a few more bites, smirking at how most of the top was gone.

One of them made their way to the new hire, while the other went to Desiree.

"Greetings." they said to her.

"But you wouldn't happen to be Desiree McCormick, would you?" they asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 04:20:42 )

Desiree paused a moment before looking toward the one who had approached her.

"Uhh... yeah, I am. Why do you ask?" She asked, obviously a bit surprised, but not entirely having an issue with being approached by a random person. As she looked toward them, they could see in her one visible eye, the slightly smokey look that was common with what was laced into the butterscotch. It wasn't very apparent, as ingestion did have a slower, but stronger, result. It wasn't enough to actually do anything for the moment, but it did show that she had been given the proper butterscotch.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 04:43:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

'Heh.' they chuckled internally.

"I'm here as a representative of a club that's opening in the city." they told her.

"We need some big stars to attract people to the place." they continued.

"And your name is pretty big." they reasoned, before pausing.

"Would you consider performing there?" they asked. "Your shows are known for record numbers, and having you as an opening act would be a homerun of a grand opening."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 04:53:29 )

Desiree paused.

"well... I could, but it entirely depends on the situation, the dates, all the details of that sort." She answered honestly.

"I'm interested, most certainly." She said with a smile.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 05:15:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Oh, clearly." they replied.

"I need to speak to my associate about the details." they told her.

"Sorry for bothering you." they then apologised, before leaving her alone and making their way over to their comrade.

"Well?" they whispered.

"Give it time." they whispered back.

"It's in her system, and it's probably JUUUUST starting to take hold. We'll ask when she's ready to leave."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 05:18:27 )

The new hire just sighed lightly.

"I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure I put enough into that mix." She admitted after a couple of seconds.

"For all I know, I didn't and she'll need another hit or two of it." She added before sighing lightly.

"Sorry if I didn't. I'm never sure when using that shit dried."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 05:28:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"She has the smokey look in her eye." the first one whispered.

"Just give it time." they said.

"Seriously, let it work its magic. Soon she'll be under it completely." they finished.

One of them sighed.

"If you say so." they said, looking over at Desiree briefly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 05:31:36 )

"If you say so." Was all she said before glancing at Desiree.

"Not entirely sure why we're bothering with all this shit, either." She then said.

"We're Hunters. Why are we dicking around? I could have just added enough into that to break her fucking brain to the point that we could tell her to go kill someone, or herself, and we'd be good."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 05:55:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"....you're so barbaric." the one that had talked to Desiree replied.

"Seriously, are you as bad as the animals we hunt?" he asked.

"There's an art to what we do. Besides, if we bring her to the boss like this, we'll be rewarded." he went on, before pausing and sighing.

"And we're already in trouble for squandered resources in the past." he then mumbled.

"...we don't need to be lit into again for that. So we'll use as little as possible for this." he reasoned further.

"Remember, that stuff is hard for us to get ahold of."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 06:02:40 )

She just rolled her eyes before sighing.

"Oh. Hold up. The boss here is due to head out soon." She then said, motioning to the back area.

"They go out for a smoke every half hour, and we're encroaching on that." She added. Sure enough they saw someone walk by as she pretended to be serving the two that were there. There was a brief exchange before she smirked.

"Hmmm..." She paused a moment before dishing out an extra scoop of ice cream and putting a bit more of that butterscotch on it.

"Here. See if she wants more." She said with a hsrug.

"Shit's gonna be tossed anywya. If she actually likes it and wants it, why the hell not? Unless either of you want it, of course."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.