Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Distinct Fragrance of Danger

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 06:28:44 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

The one nodded in response.

"Right." he said, before taking it and approaching.

"Ms. McCormick?" he addressed her.

"Here." he said, handing her the scoop.

"Compliments of the employee, there." he added with a smile.

"Said that you brightened their day a little, and wanted to show appreciation." he continued.

"Seems you're a real ray of sunshine." he then said with a light chuckle, holding his tongue in his cheek and trying desperately to keep the act up.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 06:30:32 )

Desiree looked to him with a bit of a puzzled expression for a fraction of a smile before glancing over to the one that had sent him over with a smile. After a second she looked back toward the one that was there.

"Oh, well, be sure to pass on my thanks." She said with a smile, her voice calm, and echo of something to it though, before accepting the proffered dish.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 06:46:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

He nodded in response.

"I shall, indeed." he told her.

He then stepped away, and made his way back to the others.

"Success." he whispered.

"It's already worming its way inside her." he told them.

"This will seal the deal." he added.

"We just need to wait a LIIIIITTLE bit longer."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 06:48:23 )

The female just chuckled.

"Perfect. And I'm pretty sure she'll be under the effect of those damned flowers for ... ehhhhhh.... somwhere around 36 hours." She commented.

"I coiuld be wrong, but as far as I know, ingesting is slower, stronger, but also shorter." She added befpre pausing, figuring out the math in her head.

"Meanwhile, if we had've just blwon that same amount into her face... she'd probably he a doll for closer to four or five days, instead of one and a half or so."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 07:13:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." one of the others was silent for a moment.

"Hm." he muttered.

"Indeed." he said.

"But she'll be completely mindless with THIS method." he countered.

"Plenty of time to get things done." he went on.

"Remember, she's also bait for the other one." he reminded her.

"Her partner in crime."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 07:17:42 )

"That fucking reject." She snapped.

"How any human could breed with that reject is beyond me." She added with a bit of a snarl.

"Regardless. This one here is the target. We should jus tbe happy about that for the moment." She then said with a light sigh.

"Now, the boss here is out for the moment. You two should skedaddle with her. Chances are, even if it's not complete yet, she's far enough that you can easily leave with her."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 07:35:00 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

They nodded in response.

"Got it." one said, as they made their way to Desiree.

"Ms. McCormick." one addressed her.

"We'd like you to come with us." he told her.

"Come with us. Do not tell anyone you're coming with us." he continued.

"Just come along quietly."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 07:42:39 )

Desiree was silent before she rose to her feet. She didn't truly look at anyone, either, as there was no need to, and she hadn't been told to.

What they'd laced into the topping had certainly hit her hard, but it wasn't too surprising, overall. It had easily been fifteen to twenty minutes since she'd started to ingest it, after all. That was certainly long enough for it to hit her, for the effects to settle in.

As she fell into step with the two that were leaving with her, they notice just how solidly it seemed that it had hit. They could probably do anything with, or to, her for the moment, and nothing would come of it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 23:25:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........." one of them was silent as he saw just how controlled Desiree seemed to be.

"You know..." he said. "For a lower life form... she's pretty hot..." he reasoned, looking her up and down.

The other one was silent as well, hearing that, before smacking them upside the head.

"You ARE an animal." he snarled.

"Come on." he ordered Desiree and his partner, as they left the place, and stepped into the alley that the two had been hiding in previously.

Once there, the first one gave an address to Desiree.

"Teleport us to the alley behind the building. All three of us." he ordered her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/23 23:34:44 )

Desiree was silent before nodding. Mere fractions of a second later, they felt the wind around them, before they were taken with her mana from there, to the location she was told to go.

---

She was standing over a cauldron, mixing herbs and more before sighing.

".... I'm not sure what it is that is making all this not work..." She muttered before just incinerating everything within.

"Just... ugh." She was in the middle of cleaning her cauldron when her phone rang. After a brief conversation (that really was just a few lines between the pair) she hung up and made her way upstairs.

"Yo! Vincent, where are ya?!" She called into the house.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 00:06:20 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

A few seconds later, the man in question appeared, coming from the den.

"...yes?" he asked.

"What is it?" he inquired.

"Still having problems with your latest blend?" he asked further, before sighing quietly.

"I'd help, but I'm a little preoccupied." he told her.

"Trying to find Kalin and all."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 00:21:01 )

"Well, yeah. I am." Rocky answered with a light sigh.

"But... I was thinking about what today is." She then said. "And I think that may be part of the reason I'm having a hard time, trying to focus on that when my brain keeps going to the past." He gave her a bit of a puzzled expression.

"Vincent... today is the anniversary of when Rowena and I were put to death." She told him solemnly before holding her wallet out.

"Here. Take what I have. ... please, take Rowena out for dinner."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 00:49:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"............" Vincent was silent for a long moment, before sighing.

"....so it is..." he said.

"I... hadn't realised it." he muttered.

He then bit his lip, and looked up to the ceiling, in the direction of Rowena's workroom.

"...Racquel, you know you don't need to put your money into this." he then said further, placing a hand over her wallet, and the other under her hand.

"I appreciate it so much... but you don't need to drain your funds for this." he assured her.

"But... but I will take her out for dinner. Right now, in fact."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 00:58:09 )

Rocky was silent, and he could see how the day, what it was, was bothering her, AND how she was worried about her sister.

"Thank you, Vincent... I would hate for her to not be able to concentrate and blast that room... possibly costing her, her life this time. Just because of the day..." She trailed off before sighing lightly.

"Just... take her out. Make a night of it. Dinner, movie, drinks... whatever. Just... I can tell you right now,s he's probably trying to her damndest to distract herself, because I can guarantee you that she realises what the day is." She paused.

"It... would really help her, and I think it'd help me too, knowing that my sister is all right for the day."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 01:29:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent just smiled.

"All right." he replied.

"It's the least I can do." he told her. "For the both of you." he said.

"...hm." he then mumbled.

"Yeah." he said to himself with a small nod.

"I'll go see Rowena now." he told her, before leaving to go and check on Rowena.

"I'll make sure we leave post-haste!" he called to Rocky.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 01:32:10 )

Rocky just sighed as he left, grateful that he was leaving. It meant that what she was going to do next would go a LOT easier, and smoother.

"Thank you Vincent." She said quietly before heading back downstairs. Once there, she grabbed her phone and sent a quick text.

Hey, let me know when you're heading out, will you? she sent simply, hoping he wouldn't ask for an explanation, and just chalk it up to her wanting to know... just for the sake of knowing.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 01:51:06 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Of course. she received almost immediately.

Over the next 45 minutes or so, she heard scuffling and shuffling upstairs, as well as water running, like a shower or two. And when everything stopped, she got another message.

We're headed out. Vincent sent her.

We'll be sure to bring you back something. the next one read.

She then heard the faint sound of the front door upstairs close.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 01:54:26 )

Cool. If you do, that'd be awesome, but it certainly isn't required. Just focus on my sister. Rocky sent after hearing the door close. Once she did that, she just sighed and sent another text.

"Hey, you can stop by whenever. I'm home alone." She said after they'd answered, as she made her way upstairs.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 02:14:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sure enough, about 5 minutes later, she heard the doorbell ring. She made her way to the door and opened it, revealing a man in a black trenchcoat, and a brimmed black hat, covering his face in shadows.

"...Rocky." he said with a tip of his hat.

"Sorry about this." he apologised.

"But I am in dire need of assistance." he told her. "Assistance that only YOU can provide." he added.

"..." he was then silent for a moment... and then sighed quietly.

"Again, I apologise for the short notice."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 02:16:26 )

Rocky just smiled softly, but concern was evident in her face.

"It's not a problem." She said before stepping out of the way and motioning for him to step in.

"Come on downstairs." She said.

"You know that's where my materials are." She added as they walked. After they reached the room with her cauldron, she sighed.

"All right, what do you need, Marcus?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.