Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Distinct Fragrance of Danger

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/14 05:47:52 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

It was late at night, and the sky was a black starless carpet. Not even the moon was showing, and the only illumination around were the few streetlights that dotted the suburban neighbourhood. They didn't even help, however, as the sky was also filled with dark clouds, dumping buckets of rain down onto the earth below. Thunder rumbled in the distance, which was followed by an occasional bolt of lightning that streaked across the sky.

A man was walking down the street during this horrible night. He was clad in a torn trenchcoat and what looked to once be a trilby-like hat, but it was almost completely destroyed as well. The clothes he wore under weren't faring much better, as his tee-shirt was slashed, his jeans were almost in tatters, and his shoes... well, they were outright missing. His clothes were soaked in blood as well, as though he'd received many grievous wounds... or dealt them out. However, the former was more likely, as his face was bruised and cut as well, and his gait was... hobbled, at best.

But he was determined. He had to make it. He stumbled along the middle of the dead road, looking at the various houses that surrounded him.

"She's here..." he said to himself. "She has to be. I can smell it." he said further, before noticing one of the houses in particular. Due to the nature of the suburbs, every house's lights were out, as people were well asleep, to prepare themselves for their day jobs.

Except one.

One of them still had lights on, and that, alongside what other evidence he could gather, was the one that he was looking for. So he shifted his direction slightly, and headed right towards the front door of the house, unaware of what was going on inside, and the jovial rendezvous he would be interrupting.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/14 18:18:12 )

"Vincent!" She exclaimed before bursting out laughing.

"You all right? That... that looked like it had to have hurt." She added after she was able to suppres the laughs to snickers. The man she was address, Vincent, had just fallen into the fireplace she had as the small raccoon that she'd had as a pet made its presence known, scaring him.

She got to her feet and made her way over to where he was, helping him out of the fireplace and back onto the couch.

"One more." He said, his voice rough and making it rather apparent that he'd been doing something.

"Vincent, you can't beat me. You know that." His companion stated.

"But if you want to kill your liver for one night of fun, sure thing." She added as she poured them both another drink from the vintage bottle that she'd pulled out for the night. She paused after a couple seconds though, before looking back to Vincent.

". . . but first," she started, "you're going to the bathroom to make sure you're all right. That impact had to have hurt, and you might be bleeding." she knew it was flimsy, but it was the best she could come up with at the moment. Before he could even say anything, whether it be to agree or complain, he was gone. She'd used her mana, sucked him into a portal that took him up to the bathroom.

Once that was done, she turned down the lights and listened. She wasn't entirely sure that there was someone there, but she had to know first. The fact that she could smell blood was alarming her, notably.

She silently got to her feet and approached the door, just as there was a knock. She debated not answering it, but realised that there was a good chance that they knew she was home, and up. Her lights had been on, after all.

When she opened the door, she hadn't been expecting the sighed.

"... Nico!?"

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/14 21:32:09 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The haggard and battered man just looked at the woman as she opened the door and addressed him. He smiled slightly, though there was definite pain behind it.

"...C... Csilla..." he stammered quiety, before tipping sideways and using the doorframe to hold himself up.

"...help..." he said further.

"Danger... t-trouble..." he went on, before suddenly coughing violently, a little blood coming up from it.

In the glow of the light on the front porch, it was clear that he was in VERY bad shape. His damage to his clothes was more noticeable, as were his injuries, and just how soaked his clothes were with rain and blood,

"....." he was then silent, and let out a small breath, as he started to slowly fall to his knees.

He had no more strength left, and it was clear he'd been moving by sheer will.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/14 23:55:53 )

She was fast with her reactions. Before he could actually hit the ground, she'd managed to catch him and use her mana to get him onto the couch instead. Once he was there, and not about to collapse and cause more damage, she headed off, only returning about a minute later with her first aid kit.

She knew she had to do what she could, and as a result, she set to work trying to help him as best she could. She knew she was good, but she wasn't perfect. She coudln't fix everything.

After she'd managed to get him to the point where he wasn't about to die (which primarily meant stitching the couple larger wounds and giving him some blood via her stash and painkillers too, of course) she just sat back on her heels and looked to him.

"Nico... what the hell happened to you?"

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 00:45:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The man was silent as she worked on him. He didn't even seem to flinch when she stitched up some of the larger wounds he'd received. All the while, he seemed to be in a strange trance-like state, until the blood she'd given him managed to kick in, and he seemed to come back to reality.

He slowly looked over towards her, and almost couldn't find the words.

"I... I finally found you..." he said.

"I've looked... for so long..." he went on, before coughing a little once more.

"I... I was attacked." he then informed her.

"A band of them." he continued.

"At least a dozen of them." he told her further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 00:48:51 )

She let out a string of curses before getting to her feet.

"Sit tight. Hopefully no one will attack." She stated before pausing a moment.

"Also, I don't go by Csilla anymore." She told him a couple seconds later.

"Too many tripped over it, so I went easy. Sydney." She added with a smile, figuring that he deserved to know that. Mostly so he was aware of why she responded with someone else called her Sydney, instead of Csilla.

"Anyway... I..... I'll be right back." She said before heading off, leaving him in the room alone for a moment. She made her way upstairs to check on Vincent.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 01:10:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nico watched her go, and sighed quietly to himself.

"..." he was silent, but couldn't help himself from looking at her rear as she left.

"Heh." he chuckled.

'A sight for sore eyes, no matter WHERE y'look.' he thought to himself, before closing his eyes and resting for a moment, though he dared not fall asleep.

Meanwhile, when Sydney checked in the bathroom, she found Vincent sitting on the floor next to the toilet.

"....ugh." he was silent, wiping his mouth with some tissues.

"Uh... you win, Sydney." he got out groggily.

"Again."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 01:17:26 )

"Of course I do." was all Sydney said.

"But you gotta go." She then said.

"And tell Hollie that there is a band of hunters, about a dozen - may be more, may be less - on their way to the region." She told him, her voice short. While yes it was possible to tell what they had been doing previously, she seemed to have been able to regain her composure and wahtnot far better than one could expect. She made her way into the bathroom and to the medicine cabinet. She withdrew something and tossed it over. When he caught it, somehow, he noticed it looked to be nothing more than a mint.

'That'll sober you up for about an hour before you crash. Should give you time to tell your sister."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 01:53:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Vincent was silent, before popping the mint.

When he did, his eyes widened for a moment, and he clutched at his head for about a minute, before looking at her.

"A band of hunters?" he asked, sounding better.

"That's... troublesome, to put it lightly." he said, slowly rising to his feet.

"How do you know?" he asked her.

"I mean, I wasn't up here for THAT long, was I?" he asked further.

"Admittedly, there're no windows around here, and my perception of time wasn't the greatest..." he then admitted, scratching the back of his head... before he suddenly stopped, and looked alert.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 02:00:00 )

"... let's just say an old friend gave me the information." was all Sydney said.

"Now shoo. Go tell your sister." The way she said it made it seem more like an order than anything else.

"Because this is something she needs to know." She added, not saying anything else for the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 02:13:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Vincent narrowed his eyes at her, before sighing heavily.

"Fine." he replied.

"This IS pressing news." he agreed.

He then shook his head, before he was surrounded by a small whirlwind.

"Goodbye for now, Sydney." he told her.

"Sorry our night had to end so abruptly like this." he finished, before disappearing entirely.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 03:32:50 )

"It's fine." Sydney said before he was gone. She sighed lightly before heading downstairs, back to where she left her visitor.

"Hungry, or anything?" She asked as she entered the room.

"Or ... well... anything, really." She really had no idea what she could do for the moment, although she did realise that he should probably hit up a hospital.

"Also, how are you feeling?" She asked, wanting to get a judge on that. She would call Emma or Rene if need be over taking him in, mostly... because of what he was.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 03:52:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nico was silent for a moment, opening his eyes and looking at her.

"Hungry? Extremely." he said.

"It's been a bit since I last ate." he admitted sheepishly with a chuckle, which caused him to flinch in pain.

"Oh, hurts to laugh..." he mumbled.

"As for how I'm feeling... better." he then told her. "I don't feel ready to collapse and die. Still feel light-headed and ready to pass out, though." he went on.

"...don't really want to do so, though." he then muttered.

"That band really laid into me with all they had..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 03:58:06 )

"What do you want?" Syendy asked.

"I'll get you food." She added after a couple seconds before sitting down on the couch next to him.

"I could really go for some food from home." Nico answered. "Lasagna and tiramisu, specifically." Sydney nodded.

"Can do, hold on." She pulled her phone out of her pocket and sent a text to someone she knew could help, especially with checking him over.

Hey Rene, need a hand here. I got someone here who is in rather... shitty shape, want to see if I missed anything. Any chance you can stop by? If yes, don't just come over. Let me know first.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 04:18:48 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nico just smirked.

"You are amazing." he said.

"Always were." he told her. In his tone, and in his expression, she could see that he had missed her. That he was SO happy to finally see her again.

She then received a text back from Rene.

Got it. it read.

I can be there in 5 minutes, sooner if need be. But why the don't just come over thing? Seems weird... the next one said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 04:33:26 )

Two things. Sydney started typiong before pausing a moment, Can you stop by Italy and grab some food on your way? I'll place the order and you just need to pick it up. Also, there's a mana hunter here. It was simple, to the point, but she was curious as to whether or not he'd react.

And if he did, as she expected he would... how would he take it?

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 04:45:40 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

A couple of seconds later, she actually received a call from him.

"Sydney." he said when she answered.

"My first reaction is to fly off the goddamned handle, and I still feel like doing that." he admitted.

"However, I will withhold that instinct, because I know you would not ask me this without good reason." he then said.

"And, as a doctor, I DID swear an oath to help anyone that needed it." he added.

"So... tell me where I'm going in Italy, when you know, and we'll get this done." he finished, some hesitation in his tone, but conviction and certainty as well.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 04:47:32 )

"I'll send it as a text." Sydney responded.

"Also, thank you. He's ... an old friend, to put it simply." She commented.

"You'll likely realise it once you meet him."

"Anyway, I'll text you the information. Mage run place, so the food'll be done most likely within five minutes." She added. "Stuff they can keep aside and whatnot."

She paused a moment before sighing.

"And I'll see you agian." Once they were done, she sent the order to the restaurant before sending the text to Rene with a 'thanks again' added on.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 05:06:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

I'll be there within 10 minutes. she received.

Meanwhile, Nico sighed heavily.

"Ugh." he grunted.

"I need a drink." he said.

He then paused for a moment, and sniffed the air some, flinching a little.

"...wow." he muttered. "This place is thick with the scent of alcohol." he commented.

"And it smells like some REALLY quality stuff, as well." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/15 05:13:24 )

"When you say a drink... " Sydney started before pausing.

"Nope. Not giving you booze. Doubt it would mix well with the painkillers." She said befor egeting to her feet.

"Water, fruit punch, or Dr. Pepper?" She then asked, wondering what he wanted.

"Dr. Pepper, please." Nico responded. Sydney nodded before heading off. She returned a few seconds later, a rather nice sized glass of pop in her hand.

"Here." She said before sitting down where she was again, after he'd accepted it.

"Food will be here soon." She told him.

"And ... he's not human. Please don't react too badly. I know that you're overall really good with your hunter instincts, but I still feel the need to say it."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.