Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing The Distinct Fragrance of Danger

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 01:11:17 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Dom froze for a second.

"She's one of the Big 3?" he asked.

"AND she does guild-work, too?" he asked further.

"Oh, MAN. She really IS making life work for her." he chuckled. "That is truly amazing." he commented.

"Seems both her and Jaden are really making the best of their lives. I'm so glad." he said further, as the food that both of them ordered arrived.

"Ah, good timing." he said.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 01:12:53 )

Desiree just laughed.

"She doesn't like being idle, apparently." She then said.

"But that's Sydney for ya. If you want more information, you'll have to get it from her, or Jaden." She commented as she munched one of the fries that came with her sandwich.

"She... kinda scares me. Even still." She admitted

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 01:38:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Dom looked at her in silence for a moment, before smiling slightly.

"Yes..." he said. "She IS a bit intimidating." he agreed.

"But she really is a sweetheart under it all." he told her.

"I can see where you're coming from, though." he added.

"...also, I would advise you to lay low for a while." he then said quietly.

"For all we know, their scout's been in this city for a bit."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 01:40:09 )

Desiree just sighed lightly.

"I wouldn't be surprised if either Jaden or I are alrady in their sights if we weren't before. Magicians and all." She then said.

"We had a joint show a few days ago, and I really wouldn't be surprised at all if they were there."

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 01:57:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Dom bit his lip slightly, and sighed as well.

"Damn it." he cursed.

"That is true." he admitted.

"But listen, I promise you I will protect you as best I can." he told her.

"I know that you're not a helpless 'damsel in distress', but you may as well be family to me right now, and I do what I can to protect my family." he reasoned.

"And this group is trouble. They're cunning, underhanded, and talented." he went on.

"A very dangerous combination."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 01:58:07 )

Desiree nodded.

"Duly noted." She said before sighing lightly.

"here's hoping all that can be taken care of and dealt with before there are lives lost." She added.

"I... really don't want to hear that someone lost their life because of these assholes."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 02:15:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I don't want that to happen, either." Dom replied.

The rest of the rendezvous went quite well, and they had paid for their food before they stood up and were making their way outside.

"It was lovely to meet you, Desiree." Dom told her.

"I'm glad we could get together like this." he said further.

"Feel free to keep in contact with me, as we already have each other's numbers." he added with a small laugh.

"Are you going to head back home now?" he then asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 02:32:25 )

"It was lovely to meet you too." Desiree responded with a smile.

"And nahh. Not yet. I'm going to stop by the library and see if they have abook I've an itch to read." She added in response.

"What about you? Heading back to Sydney's?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 02:54:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Dom nodded in response.

"Yeah, I might as well." he replied, before pausing.

"Unless you'd like company on the way to the library." he offered.

"But perhaps I'm just being paranoid now..." he then admitted.

"Otherwise, yeah, I'm headed back to Sydney's." he confirmed.

"I'm living there now, for the time being." he reasoned. "And honestly, I have no idea how long it'll last." he finished with a small sigh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 03:00:26 )

Desiree just chuckled lightly.

"Something tells me you'll be there for awhile. I doubt she'll get you go easily." She commented.

"How are you getting back.... She lives in Windsor." She then asked.

"I... Can help if you aren't opposed to it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 03:19:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Dom laughed as well.

"Well, because of... my profession, I have a special item imbued with mana." he told her.

"It allows me to teleport, much like mages do. But that's all it does." he explained.

"It's how I got HERE when I did." he finished with another laugh.

"But thank you for your kind offer." he told her, smiling again.

"Continue to treat my son right."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 03:28:57 )

Desiree paused.

"I.... Well, that's totally fair." She commented.

"And certainly good to know." She added with a smile.

"I'd never considered you could have something like that,to be honest." She admitted after a second, a sheepish tone to her voice.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 03:45:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Dom just laughed again.

"I understand." he replied.

"Believe me, a lot of people would miss that." he told her.

"Seriously, it's fine. I don't really mention it that much, anyway." he added.

"I suppose I'll need to find a place to privately teleport away, then." he finished, before looking around some.

'...why do I have this ominous feeling...?' he wondered.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 03:48:52 )

"Oh! There's a small section by the counter. It's a place that's charmed and whatnot so it's not weird when someone goes there and is magically gone." Desiree commented.

"mage run place and all."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 04:06:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...that really is handy." Dom replied.

"I guess I'll go in and do tha-" he started to say further, before pausing and freezing.

"GET DOWN!" he yelled at Desiree, before grabbing her arm and pulling her down closer to the ground... just as a projectile whizzed past them, hitting a trash can... and causing the section that was hit to begin to dissolve.

"...damn it!" he cursed, looking around.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 04:14:20 )

Desiree was pulled down, and due to how it was a sudden and surprise move, she fell hard (but sustained no damage aside from potentially bruised knees), but the headphone she wore fell, and hit hard, cracking the plastic and denting some of the metal frame.

She let out a sigh before looking around, just in time to see the trashcan melting.

"Oh great." She muttered, not entirely sure what was going on, exactly. She did have an idea, though.

While down, she just tied her hair back, looking around to see if she could spot who or what it was that was attacking.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 04:35:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Dom was doing the same thing, before ushering her behind a truck that was parked nearby.

"Listen." he said.

"This is bad." he told her.

"That was an acid bomb, and it would have killed you if it hit." he said.

"You need to get out of here, FAST." he warned.

"If I were to wager a guess, there's at least 6 of them here right now." he added, as another acid ball landed close to them, eating away at the ground where it landed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 04:40:49 )

Desiree was silent before sighing.

"And since you're aware of the weapon, obviously they are hunters. As a result, mana usage is a really bad idea. All we can do is run." she then said, not taking her eyes off of him for the moment in case he said anything more

She'd only caught what was said before because shed been smart enough to be looking st him when he said it all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 05:30:25 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"They're after you." Dom responded.

"Worry about getting yourself out of here." he told her.

"I'll try and distract them for as long as I can." he went on.

"We're at a severe disadvantage now." he continued, gritting his teeth and digging into one of the pockets of his coat.

"I have some smoke grenades that should allow us cover... unless they have something to counteract it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/20 05:37:15 )

"Which is FAR too likely." Desiree commented before pausing.

"....." She didn't say anything before doing a quick scan. She saw that there was no way for them to have been seen, at least, and tha twas an advantage.

She just sighed lightly, silently, before concentrating, causing a small windstorm to whip up where the attacker/s was/were. Well, there, and a bit down the road.

She was hoping to draw their attention that way instead.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.