Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hey there~ Laila here!

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 21:53:24 )
Laila blinks sleepily, mumbling to you...

@LupaPrinceRomulus: Precisely, although I don't even feel like it's a git gud situation. Cause it's like the only hints towards those checkpoints is subtle hints about say like.. "A ball will be held on the 14th!" You end up thinking, okay should probably train her speech and dancing.. But then at the ball they have her trip or need to run or something and your like, I didnt train that stat! Bah!

@Laufeia: Ooh o.o Ill check those out when I get to work tonight. Ugh! It doesnt even feel like I had yesterday off. x.x;

...And with a yawn, she nestles back in to her blankets to nap.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 22:14:03 )
LailaKin:

@LupaPrinceRomulus: Precisely, although I don't even feel like it's a git gud situation. Cause it's like the only hints towards those checkpoints is subtle hints about say like.. "A ball will be held on the 14th!" You end up thinking, okay should probably train her speech and dancing.. But then at the ball they have her trip or need to run or something and your like, I didnt train that stat! Bah!

@Laufeia: Ooh o.o Ill check those out when I get to work tonight. Ugh! It doesnt even feel like I had yesterday off. x.x;

So it's not so much a conventional 'get gud' situation going on, so much as it's like a Voodoo Shark or some giant space flea from nowhere situation that came out of nowhere.

Well that's not good regarding 'Long Live the Queen' really.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 22:56:36 )
@LailaKin: I feel you. Always going and going sucks x_x
That’s why I use this as my distraction from worldly things xD

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 00:13:37 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: Eh, Some people like that. It's just not the freedom I like in my games for sure. It feels too rigid for me. But others treat it more akin to a Visual Novel where Choices are kind of few and far between. And that's okay, Hell, I even played LLtQ but it just didn't hold my interest as much once I realized I had less freedom.

@Laufeia: I use this while AT work and still feel dead all the time x.x My house is wrecked right now, honestly.
Ugh. I never feel like cooking or cleaning, or anything x.x;

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 00:27:08 )
@LailaKin: lol I know how you feel. You're busy all day and then you get home to more things that need to be done. I need to fold and out away clothes.. we are moving in a month so there are boxes and things everywhere.. haven't vacuumed in forever. Lol >_> o o f. I never want to cook either but me being a little picky hoe I gotta cook a lot myself. <_< and our washer is broken and the landlord doesn't want to fix it, so I'll just leave that to them when we leave soon. xD

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 00:33:34 )
LailaKin:

@LupaPrinceRomulus: Eh, Some people like that. It's just not the freedom I like in my games for sure. It feels too rigid for me. But others treat it more akin to a Visual Novel where Choices are kind of few and far between. And that's okay, Hell, I even played LLtQ but it just didn't hold my interest as much once I realized I had less freedom.

@Laufeia: I use this while AT work and still feel dead all the time x.x My house is wrecked right now, honestly.
Ugh. I never feel like cooking or cleaning, or anything x.x;

'Long Live the Queen' is darker than first glances suggest, besides the challenge, I think part of the draw in playing that game is for the cast and world-building in it.
Plus, the titular Queen looks like Sailor Moon's little girl for some reason or another, or at least LOOKS like a Reality-warping pink-haired lady, that has to mean something in terms of designs.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 00:48:47 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: Oh for sure, there's much to be praised with it. From Character design to storyline, It is still fantastic and that's part of why I played it at all. Usually If it says Visual Novel, I won't touch it. It's just too slow paced for me and not enough options. When I play Princess Makers or Raising Sims as they're often called, I prefer a lot of freedom and choices. Same with old-school dating sims. Now, a lot of games have Dating Sim stuck on Visual novels which to me, is a big lie. Visual Novels tell a story with a few option choices that lead you down a path. Dating Sims require you to not only make choices like that, but also require you to raise up different stats to reach requirements for each girl. That's kind of how I felt LLtQ was for me. They labeled it a Raising Sim and it operates like one, but because you need to meet these checkpoints so badly or you die and fail entirely, I didn't feel the freedom of guiding your character to one ending or another.

@Laufeia: Oof. Sounds stressful. Is it a big move? Make sure they don't try to charge you for that! If they're sleazy enough to not fix it, you gotta watch out for them trying to charge you on the exit. x.x Ugh.
They told my BFF who just moved from Michigan to here with me that he was fine leaving his apartment with only 2-3 weeks notice then charged him the month of May in rent saying his lease didn't end til the END of May.. which is bull! $600 we're on the line for now :/ They kept his whole deposit because despite it being a smoking apartment they charged him with severe nicotine damage too. Just a nightmare these companies..

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 01:04:45 )
@LailaKin: yeah honestly they are. Our current manager is a total bitch. <_< we've had so many problems with her. I literally sent in a maintenance request and she called me telling me how to "fix it", then proceeded to ask how many clothes I was putting in. Acting like we don't know how to use a washer. xD and she said, quote "my arm is broken right now so I can't look at it, and even if I did have someone to come look at it, they WOULDNT fix it." And she just proceeded to tell me simple things i already googled AND tried. That weren't working. Which is why i sent in the request in the first place. So theres not much I can do at this point lol. I feel like they probably will try that shit, I already know we aren't getting our deposit back lol. I just want to get away from HER.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 01:07:19 )
I should also add that our washer is old as hell and outdated, probably from the 90s. Which I wouldn't mind, if it worked. But our manager acted like it was out fault it wasn't working. Like no, it's just ancient.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 02:10:44 )
LailaKin:

@LupaPrinceRomulus: Oh for sure, there's much to be praised with it. From Character design to storyline, It is still fantastic and that's part of why I played it at all. Usually If it says Visual Novel, I won't touch it. It's just too slow paced for me and not enough options. When I play Princess Makers or Raising Sims as they're often called, I prefer a lot of freedom and choices. Same with old-school dating sims. Now, a lot of games have Dating Sim stuck on Visual novels which to me, is a big lie. Visual Novels tell a story with a few option choices that lead you down a path. Dating Sims require you to not only make choices like that, but also require you to raise up different stats to reach requirements for each girl. That's kind of how I felt LLtQ was for me. They labeled it a Raising Sim and it operates like one, but because you need to meet these checkpoints so badly or you die and fail entirely, I didn't feel the freedom of guiding your character to one ending or another.

@Laufeia: Oof. Sounds stressful. Is it a big move? Make sure they don't try to charge you for that! If they're sleazy enough to not fix it, you gotta watch out for them trying to charge you on the exit. x.x Ugh.
They told my BFF who just moved from Michigan to here with me that he was fine leaving his apartment with only 2-3 weeks notice then charged him the month of May in rent saying his lease didn't end til the END of May.. which is bull! $600 we're on the line for now :/ They kept his whole deposit because despite it being a smoking apartment they charged him with severe nicotine damage too. Just a nightmare these companies..

It feels like the more we look at it, generally speaking the more it's best said 'some genres aren't meant to overlap' apparently.
That said, L.L.T.Q is now famous for how difficult a game it is first, and a lot of its list of things its definitely done right, second.

Tried Hatoful Boyfriend before?

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 02:19:32 )

@Laufeia: Uuuuugh, That is absolutely the worst. I used to be really meek and timid, so I would let people do that to me a lot. Especially in the Technology realm. I played dumb and let them tell me the same stuff over and over that I'd already tried. Finally, I got this job. Its an awful job. It's like.. One step above shady hotels you see in movies with hookers and such. That meek attitude had to go dealing with the people here. Now sometimes my boss treats me like I don't know how to use the PC and it grinds my gears so bad I end up telling him, ".. Boss. I built a PC two years ago. I have repaired every PC I owned since I was 12. And Many of them still work."
It's a ballsy move but I think he's starting to get that Im not a total idiot.

@LupaPrinceRomulus: I have in fact played Hatoful BF! That is another one that didn't really scratch my raising sim/dating sim itch but the story was kooky so I appreciated it quite a bit.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 02:48:59 )
LailaKin:

@Laufeia: Uuuuugh, That is absolutely the worst. I used to be really meek and timid, so I would let people do that to me a lot. Especially in the Technology realm. I played dumb and let them tell me the same stuff over and over that I'd already tried. Finally, I got this job. Its an awful job. It's like.. One step above shady hotels you see in movies with hookers and such. That meek attitude had to go dealing with the people here. Now sometimes my boss treats me like I don't know how to use the PC and it grinds my gears so bad I end up telling him, ".. Boss. I built a PC two years ago. I have repaired every PC I owned since I was 12. And Many of them still work."
It's a ballsy move but I think he's starting to get that Im not a total idiot.

@LupaPrinceRomulus: I have in fact played Hatoful BF! That is another one that didn't really scratch my raising sim/dating sim itch but the story was kooky so I appreciated it quite a bit.

I can tell I need to play me more Hatoful Boyfriend sometime, this game is for the birds after all.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 16:32:37 )
@LailaKin: >_> man.people like that. I’m definitely timid. If I get too upset or angry I literally can hurt myself. So I try not to get too emotional about things. I’m just tired of assholes lol. Moving to a slightly nicer area very soon. Slightly. <_<

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 02:15:12 )

@Laufeia: Yeaaah It took me a long time to get to where Im at now. And I still have moments where I finish dealing with someone and just leave the office to go cry in the bathroom xD
Ooh! That's exciting! I'm hoping after my trip to Vegas that my BFF wants to move here to live with us. We'll have to find a 2 bedroom house though that allows a dog and 2 cats... x.x;

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 03:22:52 )
LailaKin:

@Laufeia: Yeaaah It took me a long time to get to where Im at now. And I still have moments where I finish dealing with someone and just leave the office to go cry in the bathroom xD
Ooh! That's exciting! I'm hoping after my trip to Vegas that my BFF wants to move here to live with us. We'll have to find a 2 bedroom house though that allows a dog and 2 cats... x.x;

Hope the next place you move to turn out to be pretty good, really.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 03:42:14 )

@LupaPrinceRomulus: Here's to hoping! Bah! D:
I just really want more freedom in my living situations.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 04:12:56 )
LailaKin:

@LupaPrinceRomulus: Here's to hoping! Bah! D:
I just really want more freedom in my living situations.

Especially with the current weather going really whacko about matters as well, which really doesn't help matters at all.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 05:01:50 )
@LailaKin: ugh I worked at subway for a while and people treated me like I was stupid >_> customer service really takes strong willed people lol. I can’t handle it x-x

Gonna go gambling? xD hope you have fun
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 13:36:36 )
@LailaKin: It's pretty fun!
Oh I see what you mean. Yeah. Don't trust the job anymore? o:
Sry about that. I tend to poof in and out of Votlra sometimes

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/29 02:22:36 )

@Ixora: It's all good. Yeah, I work at a pretty Low-end hotel. So if I have to leave the desk for whatever reason, I feel like I end up leaving my stuff vulnerable. Decided it wasn't worth losing to some petty thief at work.

@Laufeia: Lol, Actually we're looking forward to the Magic Mike show and Drag Brunch! XD But probably a littttle gambling ya know?

@LupaPrinceRomulus: Indeed! Lately its been hot through the day and freezing at night here! D:

::Avatar/Pet Site Addict?::
Cast (∩`-´)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚ Dissendium!
::Come hang out!::

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.