Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Breaker Beach 2019 You Can't Get a Suntan On the Moon || Raffle!

Donator — A.I. Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 07:53:09 )
🎼🎵but I wouldn't mind a holiday there 🎶
- a low-key event hangout -

Feeling burnt out by the bustle of summer?
Perhaps you've burned a hole in your wallet with all those summer activities?
Need a break from the searing heat?

anyone else smell roasting meat?
Join me for a holiday on the moon.
Sure, you can't get a suntan, but you also can't get a sunburn B)

Actually, since the moon has negligible atmosphere, the sun's radiation would be more intense and thus, not only would you get a suntan, you'd get burnt to a crisp on the dayside. So be sure to stay on the nightside, or bring some SPF 30000.

:~ Moon Party Raffle ~:

duration: 21.7.19 to 28.7.19
I. Generate a random number between 100 and 1000 using the Post Actions feature. This will be your Ticket Number!
II. Ping me with your Ticket Number and you'll be placed on the raffle list.
III. Each user can only generate and submit one Ticket Number. No mules, please!
IV. If you happen to roll the same number as another poster, you may roll again until you get a unique number. Please remember to abide by Voltra's rules concerning spam and triple-posting.
V. At the end of the raffle duration, I will post and roll a random number between 100 and 1000 to determine the winners. The user whose Ticket Number is closest to, or matches exactly, the number generated by my post wins! I will roll three times to determine three winners, with more rolls as necessary in the case of duplicates or ties. Rolls will be done openly so everyone can rest assured that it's fair. c:

~ Prizes ~
First Place: Custom Profile Design made to your specifications!
Second and Third Place: Event Goodie Bag + item of your choice from my Inventory! (List to be added soon.)

Lilypoo // Ticket #997
Totalanimefan // Ticket #576
Mousy // Ticket #401
Username // Ticket #

let the festivities commence!

☽ you can't get a suntan on the moon ☾

Donator — A.I. Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 07:57:56 )
Icebreaker: What's your favourite summer activity? I really loved swimming as a kid. Never wanted to get out of the pool.

Kind of a shame that it doesn't have the same appeal as it did back then, especially since I live somewhere so hot now.

please ping me if you need my attention! || be excellent to each other ♥

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 08:05:18 )
I used to love going to the water park as a kid, but now I just want to stay indoors because I’m old and the sun is evil.
@Vii: I love your summery avi!

Donator — A.I. Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 08:20:27 )
@Tsundererra: For real tho! It used to be so much fun to play in the water but now it's just like, "meh" xD it's also a pain getting your hair wet when it's long, especially in pools with chlorine.

And thank you! Gotta represent that summer spirit, even if I don't really have it xD I like dressing up in themes! O uO

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 08:28:26 )
@Vii: I KNOW! Ugh, I’m also not a fan of the red, burning eyes that come with swimming in chlorine either.
I feel that way about swimming in the ocean too. It’s like, ain’t nobody got time to be cleaning sand from every crevice of their body afterwards.

You did a good job! Especially with the colors. :3

Donator — A.I. Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 08:32:13 )
@Tsundererra: SAND EVERYWHERE! Like I love visiting the beach but it's impossible to not bring the beach home with you xD it gets into places you didn't even think it could get to LOL though imho the absolute worst part about swimming in natural waters is stepping on squishy seaweed Q wQ just thinking about it makes me squirm. Anytime we went to the lake I'd be kicking furiously to keep my feet from touching the bottom xD

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 08:33:27 )

I don't know if I can pick one thing that I love about summer. I love that the days are long. (I get seasonal depression in the winter).
I love that it's a more laid back time, it's a time to travel or be with friends. It's a time to make memories.
I used to really love going to the pool or the beach when I was younger. I grew up in a small beach town.
Now I love by annual trip to Otakon! Which I've been doing since 2010. I have a great time and I get to see my friends and family that I only get to see once a year.

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 08:47:27 )
@Vii: SO TRUE!!! Luckily, the brain eating and flesh eating bacteria are enough to keep me away from the beaches. No more sand!
And omg, the slimey ground of murky fresh waters freaks me out too. I’ve never stepped on the seaweed, but I’ve had it wrap around my legs before and I thought it was a snake or eel. Nope. Nope. Nope.
@Totalanimefan: The longer days are one good thing about summertime. I have SAD too, and I just want to hibernate in the winter because of it.
@Sirlionelnigelconrad: It’s so late, I misread your post as “nice buttocks of kids”. xD

Donator — A.I. Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 08:55:38 )
@Totalanimefan: Yo it's awesome that you get to go to Otakon every year! Going to a convention is on my bucket list. I'd love to be able to go to Guardiancon or even the real deal Comic-Con one of these days. I've got to have an awesome costume if I ever do go.

@SirLionelNigelConrad: Nige the opportunist.
Back when I was living in a studio, I was right in front of the pool and had to listen to the kids screaming every Saturday morning during the summer. "oH nO i'M nOt TrYiNg To SlEeP oR aNyThInG". Do have fun and do what kids do but ffs why do kids have to scream.

@Tsundererra: Omg brain- and flesh-eating bacteria??? Is that a common thing at beaches? D: wat. DO not want.

Donator — A.I. Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 08:56:16 )
@bum: oops I didn't mean to skip you Q nQ

/covers in eel sauce/ Now you're a dragon roll!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 08:59:06 )

@Tsundererra: Yeah I moved from FL to England and OH BOY let me tell you about how bad that got. It was horrible.

@Vii: Otakon is so much fun. I never cosplay. I always go to the concerts though! They normally get pretty big guests in. Is DC far away for you?

Normally beaches don't have flesh-eating bacteria. I think it's mostly fresh water?

Donator — A.I. Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 09:04:44 )
@Totalanimefan: What kind of musicians do they usually feature? J-pop / K-pop? o:

Alas, DC is pretty far away; totally across the country for me xD though I did get to visit many years ago. It was definitely sobering to see the capital, museums, and monuments. I'm a sucker for history and timeless old things.

Nige - You seem more existential than usual. You good there bro?

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 09:06:24 )

@Vii: Normally Japanese bands. Not all Pop though.
Yeah I live in CA, and before that I lived in FL. So it's always been a treck for me but it's so worth it. 3 years ago it moved to DC and I have fallen in love with the city. I could totally see myself moving there. It won't happen though.

Donator — A.I. Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 09:14:12 )
@Totalanimefan: Middle-school me would've done almost anything to go. I listened almost exclusively to Japanese music back then xD ah, good times c':

That is definitely a long trip! Do you typically take the same route each time, or try to mix it up a bit with different scenic routes?
I hear it's really expensive to live in D.C. but I guess that's the trade-off for living in such a historical and culturally significant area.
It's been a while since I've had a good road trip, but without AC in my car I'd be a fool to do it again during the summer. xD I did a few years ago and chugged about 4 Gatorades each way lmao I had to pee so bad at one point I had to pull over and find some bushes cause there wasn't another rest station for like 30 miles RIP

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Donator — Fujoshi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 09:26:58 )
@Vii: I think they’re becoming more common with climate change. They thrive in really hot waters. ): Same for red algae in ocean that’s harmful to breathe in.

@Totalanimefan: I agree with Nigel, you don’t want to live there. The “expensive” side is the gentrified side, and the parts that are still affordable (for now) is filled with crime. Like every day I watch the local news, someone has been shot or killed through some random gun fights. And very few people in the DMV area have the patience to drive in D.C. The roads coming and leaving the city are filled with big pot holes, and in the morning and evening they all somehow become HOV lanes. I’ve had so many friends and family get tickets because of that... And omg... the homeless of D.C.... I had one steal my money when I was on a field trip to the Smithsonian as a kid.

The truth behind Reaping Ritual 2019

Art by the rightful Mayor, Kiwi

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 09:31:46 )

@Vii: I’ve had summer road trips like that. Since I live in CA I fly. I did drive once from Florida. It was still a very long drive.
Yeah DC is expensive it’s cheaper than where I live so I don’t normally think about it but yeah it is. They need to build way more housing near public transportation. Like when you think of a nations big capital city it’s not like DC. It’s like London, Tokyo, Paris, Mardid, etc. I don’t want DC to be like those cities. I like the feel there but more housing and jobs not just in the government sector need to happen in DC.
I do love the art, history and culture in DC. There are museums for miles!

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 09:32:57 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: DC is not nearly as bad as it used to be. There are plenty of safe places in the city. Although if I was going to live there I would pick Arlington because I like voting.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 09:37:23 )

@Tsundererra: I agree with you but I want to make a counter point, one in any big city traffic is going to suck. SF, LA, NYC, Boston all of their traffic sucks so much. The metro is clean and safe and I think easy. The subway in NY is way more confusing but google helps me get around the subway.
Also housing in expensive because there isn’t enough housing for how many people would like to live the DMV.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 09:42:26 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: as well is the northwest and southwest quadrants too. The people in Georgetown and near Rock Creek Park would never allow such ‘riff-raff’ into their neighborhoods.

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 09:47:23 )

@SirLionelNigelConrad: I won’t blame the color of one’s skin. We are all human.
Blame the lack of a good education, poverty, hunger, food deserts, no or low access to healthcare, little access to high paying jobs. The data is there.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.