Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Breaker Beach 2019 Static's Nature Scavenger Hunt -A Photography Contest-

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 06:17:33 )

Ohhhh Im going to a sunflower field tomorrow, I'll definitely keep these lists in mind x)!

Donator — They/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 07:15:42 )

@Static: okay i'll get a clearer photo of a conifer tree. ^-^
same with the squirrel and bird, and rainbow was a bit of a long shot.
bit hard to take photos of critters when they move fast, are far away, and with a cell phone camera.

tho what's wrong with a garden of ferns. :vanora_sweat:
there's other plants in there like the blue/purple flowers, and another leafy plant.
a garden doesn't have to be perfectly weeded to be a garden.
but i guess i can snap a pic of the other garden area,
it has more weeds but has stonework and a more defined area.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/24 12:58:58 )

[ Username: Another Movie Addict
Item(s) Shown: Pupper

Woo. Pupper cooperated with me.

Item(s) Shown: Shells

Item(s) Shown: Feathers

For shells I have both a seashell and a snail shell.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 02:45:56 )
@Static: got a few more pics :3

Username: Laufeia
Items shown: green leaf/yellow leaf/grass

Item shown: pink flower
Sorry the names a bit hard to see in this one.

Item shown: white flower

Item shown: stick

Item shown: conifer tree

Item shown: rock/stone

Items shown: vegetable/fruit

ft. the tiniest tomato and the biggest cucumber I had xD

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 21:26:19 )
@Goblin: Hmm, would you be able to provide me a close up of one of the flowers perhaps?
Something that'll show its yellow color clearly. Don't even have to include your name. Then I may change my mind and accept it.

@Zuzu: Thank you for giving them all another try~ :statichappy:

Submissions post has now been updated with all entries!

I'd also like to make note that I've added a new rule:
Please be sure to include all or most of an item in a photo, preferably in good lighting.

And I have also added two new items to the list:
-mushroom (25)
-bee (50)

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 22:04:06 )

[ Username: Another Movie Addict
Item(s) Shown: Pink flower

Item: Green Leaf

Item: Mushroom

]

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/25 22:48:37 )
Cute mushroom. O:

Donator — he/him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 00:15:12 )
So many flowers in two photos. * o*
Ash 8/7/19
Kate 1/9/22

by YukiThePanda <3

Twitter

Donator — They/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 06:40:33 )

Username: zuzu
Item(s) Shown: conifer tree, garden.

the moon eludes me for the 3rd night.
clouds hide the moon from sight.

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/26 07:04:17 )

Username: Alexis
Item(s) Shown: Clouds, and mountain

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Donator — They/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/27 10:50:28 )

username: zuzu
items shown: squirrel

first photo is location after squirrel left, took pic of squirrel & name sign was left inside.
branches the same and you can see the shed in both.
middle pic has squirrel, he blend in with branches, zoom zoom in, and you can see him.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/28 01:36:00 )

Username: Laufeia
Item shown: mountain

Item shown: cat

Item shown: feather

Items shown: garden, red flower, purple flower

Here’s a close-up of the purple ones in case You can’t see it well-

Item shown: deciduous tree

Item shown: brown leaf

Item shown: yellow flower

Donator — They/them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/29 05:06:43 )

Username: Zuzu
Items shown: beetle, dog, mushroom.

i think it's a larder beetle

chihuahua

mushroom
i'm hoping this counts cause i took the photo during my hike where i got most of my first batch of scavenger hunt photos,
but it wasn't on the list at the time since it's a new addition. i took the photo cause my friend likes mushrooms.
the screenshot has the photo and my username in it since i use the same username on discord. ovo
if it doesn't count i can go searching for mushrooms around work, since i'm not home from work for 2 days.

(Avatar Closet)

Npc — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/30 00:33:40 )
All latest submissions have been added to the front~

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/30 23:37:35 )
@Static:

Now I really dont hope it is too late but urgh.. here is my attempt ( would hav been a lot easier if the deeadling was tomorow wher eI would be in my 'home'town where I know were to get photos of stuff. unlike here at my dads where I have to explain myslf and tell which route i go if I leave the house >>; )
putting it all under a spoiler to not flood too much

Username: TeaTales
Items shown: spider, spiderweb, gardens, rocks, green + brown leaf, red flower, yellow flower, pink(?) flower, dog, fruit..

<- itsy bitsy spider that crawled around me yesterday night
<- spiderweb in the bedroom
Now the garden I wasnt too sure whih type you meant so I took a photo of my dads 'garden' and his veggiegarden
<- vegggie garden
his very unkept garden
rocks
<- gren leaf ( I realize now that the phone changed the size of this in between sending it from myphone to my email )
<- red flower
<- yellow flower
pink (?) flower... honestly how one interpret pink and other interpret pink differs a lot I have found that the most times I find something being lavender it is either blue or pink to other people.
The closest I can get to a brown leaf
<- my sisters dog
<- night snack aka a banana ^^; ( you didnt say if it still had to be in a treee )

https://i.imgur.com/B7ndLDo.jpg I assume you cant accept this butterfly stuff when it is so small ... hard to cath a butterfly on a less than good phone photo xDD

I will be able to give you better photos of the butterflies and generally these where you miht not see the sign properly, in.... 14-15 hours at which point I should be back home in my apartment/town.. unless the thunderstorm gets too dangerous to drive in ) And ye I am very aware tht the event most likey is ended now.. but yea... *shrug * ... sorry for disturbing and bothering you if thats the case.

Edit: forgot to add the fruit photo

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/31 04:59:21 )
Username: Mousy
Item(s) Shown:Cloud, Sunset, Forest, green leaf, yellow flower, pink flower, grass, brown leaf, stick, stone,

ps. i stink at taking clear photos with my name in them. XD
Please ping! I get distracted easily.

Donator — Trashboat Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/31 05:42:39 )
Name: Laufeia
Item shown: spider
Shop | Hangout | Quest

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/31 22:08:18 )
One last time.. Unfotunately coudlnt get a photo of the forest nor of the flower field ( thanks a lot thunderstorms... )

Username:TeaTales
Item(s) Shown: bird ( seagulls ) purple, pink and white flower,( a very wet ) feather, grass ( I'm sorry for the sign, it as literally falling apart under the pressure of the rain under the thunderstorm at this point ) beach, sand, shells, tree stump ( and yes that is clouds you can see right above as that particular log is right next to a moat actually the entire sky was one big cloud at that moment ^^; ) Veggies, a deciduous tree, stick, seeds
[

And they are put in in the order they are mentioned. Storytime: Took most of the photos under a very heavy thunderstorm, with rain so heavy that it closed some of the roads and made the 'dirt'-road down to the beach fall down. The photos at the beach are the first I took. ( couldnt get closer to the seagulls without them flying to an other pier. Had to zoom in from a ok distance that they felt comfortable with ) 5 minutes ater I left the beach the 2nd thunderstorm of the day arrived.. Im currently writing and sending this during the 3rd thunderstorm the past 8 hours.
Enjoy

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/31 22:36:51 )

I'm so sad. i really wanted to do this, and my camera is dead and I just didn't get around to it. Why oh why do i have to be pregnant right now.
I tried to get a picture of the moon and a beautiful cloud. but it came out horrible and you couldn't tell it was the moon. nor see my name.

Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/31 23:23:03 )
@shadami: * hugs * some other time when the little one is out, and your camera is fixed/you have gotten a new <3 ( must admit; I for a moment thought my camera/phone had died under the thundersorm as so much rain had entered it in my attempt to takea photo that the photos for two photo turned completely black ) at least I have a ooold digital camera ( like 15 years old ) but got no cord for it and dont know where my camera-card-to-computer-usb reader are hiding.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.