Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Plans Fall Through

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 22:40:41 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp was speechless. For a number of reasons.

He could see that something was... off... about all this, but he was more stunned by seeing the woman before him.

"....Hailie?" he asked again.

"Is... that really you?" he asked her.

"Christ, it's been... I can't even count how long it's been since we've seen each other." he commented, before shaking his head slightly.

"What are you doing here, suddenly?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 22:45:37 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

"I'm here to help." was Hailie's answer.

"Nothing more, nothing less." She added.

"How can you help...?" Syraene asked after a moment or two while Kiah made her way over to one of the chairs and sat down.

"Simple." was Hailie's answer.

"One djinn does not have the power needed to fix what needs it, yet two do." was all she added.

"... Wait... what?" Syraene asked, something akin to surprise in her voice.

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 23:14:57 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" again, Sharp was silent, before snapping his fingers.

"That's right!" he said.

"Djinn magic is cumulative." he told Syraene.

"Which is to say, the more of it you have, the more is possible." he went on.

"But... well... djinn usually don't play nice with each other, so that never ends up happening." he then said.

"Until now, anyway."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 23:17:06 )

"Even Hal and I have ... not... played nicely in the past." Hailie commented before sighing.

"That only thing, is that we need someone pure of heart to make a wish of that scale, if we don't want to have any possible underlying things that aren't good, or whatever." She added.

"You have anyone that can fill that role?"

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 23:44:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal didn't even have to think for a moment, before he pressed a button on the comm speaker that was on his desk.

"Attention." he said over the P.A. system.

"If Agent Rivera is in the building, could she please report to Agent Sharp's office, ASAP." he said further, before taking his finger off the button.

"To answer your question, yes." he told Hailie.

"Now... you answer some of MY questions." he then said.

"How... are you even here right now?" he asked. "How did you know to come here? Or... even better, how did your trinket get into Kiah's hands, to have her bring it here?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 23:48:08 )

"That isn't the real thing." Hailie answered.

"I am here because you need help. Beyond that, I cannot say." She answered. It was an almost scripted answer, which was easy for him to identify.

She wasn't freed yet, and whomever it was that had her had ordered her to not give too much infromation. Which was generally not with good reason.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 00:04:37 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"............" Hal was silent as he heard the answer.

"....I see." he said.

"So whomever you're here on the behest of... I assume they also wish to remain anonymous." he commented.

Hailie just nodded.

"Hmph." he muttered.

"I don't like that you're still under someone's thumb, so to speak." he commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 00:15:27 )

"It is a fact of the life of one such as us." Hailie then said before sighing lightly.

"You received the blessing of freedom, I have not been so lucky." She added before there was a knock on teh door. At Hal's prompting, Syraene opened it to reveal the fox girl. When she was beckoned in, she made her way into the room, looking around.

"You called?" She asked.

"What's going on?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 00:38:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Ah, Peyton." Sharp greeted her.

"Come in, come in." he said.

When she did so, and shut the door behind her, he sighed.

"Peyton, a way to fix the situation with dreams and corruption has come up." he told her. "And it is a deceptively simple solution." he went on.

"But we need your help."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 00:47:30 )

"I..." Peyton started before pausing.

"What... what can I do?" She asked, something akin to fear in her voice. She was definitely more antsy due to what was going on, but at least she was still sane, unlike any of the others that had been directly affected by this already.

"You can wish for this to be fixed." Hailie stated simply.

"Wait... what?" Peyton asked, not entirely sure what it was that she was supposed to make of that.

"I... why me?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 01:12:45 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Simple." Sharp responded.

"We need someone pure of heart to make a wish of this scale, if we don't want to have any unintended consequences or underlying negative outcomes." he told her.

"A large part in a djinn granting a wish is the person making said wish." he continued.

"Which is to say, the more innocent they are, the purer the wish will be when granted. Yes, intent is a very big factor as well, but I'd rather not get into the logistics of it." he then admitted.

"The point is, if you make this wish, then this problem will go away, without any repercussions."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 02:43:29 )

"I..." Peyton started before sighing and nodding.

"All right..." She said.

"Think about your wording. To say that it makes a difference... would be putting it very lightly." Hailie then commented. Peyton just nodded again before thinking for a moment. After getting the details needed, she was ready.

"All right..." Peyton started before taking a breath.

"I wish that the Order sand was no longer corrupted, and that the corruption cannot spread through the members any longer." She paused a moment.

". .. does tha twork?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 02:52:04 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...." Sharp was silent for a moment, before nodding.

"I think that works." he said.

"What about you?" he asked Hailie.

"Does that work for you?" he asked her.

"If so, I think we're ready to grant this."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 02:58:09 )

Hailie just smirked before flicking her wrist, some of the stereotypical golden sand from one of their kind falling from it, as an orb of mana - that was still growing - appeared on his desk ahead of him.

"Good fo rme." She stated.

"Was already preparing for this anyway." She added.

"All you need to do, is add to it. I already hav the start there, the foundation. I was ordered to grant the wish that would fix this, no matter the cost, and since that wish has been made, you need to just bolster it." She finished with. When Hal checked, hec ould tell that she was putting nearly everything into that collection of mana.

Having been freed, himself, he could also tell that there was the 'control' aspect to it as well.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 03:09:59 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Sharp was silent as he beheld the orb, and sighed.

'Accursed 'ownership'...' he thought.

He then placed his hands over the orb, and funnelled his own mana into it. As he did, everyone in the room could feel the strength that it was gaining... rapidly.

Just when it felt like it would overwhelm everyone, he stopped, and looked at Hailie.

They nodded to each other, before they both grabbed the orb and sent it flying upwards, a monstrously large... but at the same time, subtle... pulse of mana erupting from it, causing the orb to dissipate.

"Your wish is granted." Sharp said to Peyton.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 03:16:31 )

"Thank you." Peyton said as Hailie sighed.

"And now, I bid you adieu." She stated as she made her way over to Kiah and retrieved the box.

"I'm sure we'll meet again, Hal." She said. He could tell that she didn't actually think that they would. There was something about the way she said it, something he could pick up on strictly because of their history, and the fact that they were the same species.

Once she said that, she vanished from where she was, leaving some glitter for a few seconds.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 03:52:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Hailie!" Hal called out to her, but it was too late.

She was gone.

"..." he was silent, and looked defeated, as well as dejected.

"....Hailie..." he said quietly.

"Oh, right." he then muttered, shaking his head.

"Syraene?" he said, addressing the dark elf.

"Do you think it worked?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 05:08:27 )

"Only one way for me to properly find out." Syraene answered.

"I'm going to go see how my sand is, down in the lab." She then said. "I'll call when I know." With that, she left, leaving Hal and Kiah alone. After a few seconds, she just sighed before getting to her feeet.

"I usppose I should just get the hell outta here."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 05:25:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal just looked at Kiah, and sighed as well.

"Kiah." he said.

"How are you doing?" he asked.

"Seriously. And honestly." he went on.

"And is there anything we at the Unit can do to help you?" he asked further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/23 05:28:08 )

Kiah froze as she started to head toward the door.

". . . " She didn't say anything, but when he asked again, she just sighed.

"No." She told him simply, bluntly.

"Just... there is nothing." She added.

"I'm the one that fucking lost control. You and those here had nothing to do with it."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.