Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Plans Fall Through

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 04:51:01 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Chris was just silent, simply doing as he was told. The two of them made their way to the doorway, and outside, where they saw Tyson in his car, in Gemini's driveway.

Once Gemini locked her door, they made their way to the car, and they both got in the back.

"........" Tyson was silent as he saw Chris.

"This the one that's injured?" he asked.

Gemini nodded in response.

"....your skin looks... odd." Tyson commented, pulling out of the driveway.

"Mm." Chris just mumbled.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 05:02:32 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

"I am not sure on details, but shall we not dwell on that? I get the feeling it is something that he would rather not delve into for the moment." Gemini commented.

"I just know that the damage he has sustained is extreme and that he needs help to recover." She added after a moment or two.

"I am sorry that you had to drive out here. I know I live out of the way."

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let you guard down // Get some of what they've got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 05:20:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It's fine, it's fine." Tyson responded.

"Seriously, as I said, I was nearby anyway." he told her.

"There's a little diner close to where you live. I was there getting a bite to eat, as I was craving their cottage pie." he said further with a light chuckle.

"You caught me just as I was finishing my meal." he went on.

"So if anything, that was impeccable timing on your behalf."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 05:25:05 )

Gemini paused a moment before chuckling lightly.

"Well, that did work out nicely." she agreed with a nod.

"Sorry if you had other things to do today, too. I do hope I did not interfere with any of Miki's plans." She added

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let you guard down // Get some of what they've got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 05:59:31 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Not really." Tyson responded.

"Her plans have been pretty flexible as of late." he said.

"So no worries on THAT front." he assured her.

The rest of the drive was filled with idle chat, and Chris remaining silent, until Tyson pulled into the parking lot of the Unit.

"All right, let's go." he told them.

"The sooner he gets medical treatment, the better, I assume." he finished, referring to Chris.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 07:05:02 )

"That is my suspicion." Gemini agreed after Ty said what he did at the end. She climbed out of the car and opened the door next to Chris.

"Come on, We can get you the help you need here." She stated. After Chris was out of the car and leaning on Gemini to get inside, she looked toward Ty.

"Hey, want to give the front guard - probably Jake - a heads up?" She asked Ty.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 07:22:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Tyson just sighed.

"Just give me a minute." he said.

"I'll go tell him." he told her.

With that, he went ahead of the two of them, and entered the building, with Gemini and Chris following. Just as they got to the entrance, Ty looked over and gestured the two of them inside.

When they did, Jake looked at Chris, and narrowed his eyes.

"....that him?" he asked.

"Indeed." Tyson responded.

"And he needs help, eh?" Jake asked further, this time directed at Gemini.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 07:30:30 )

"He does." Gemini answered.

"I did what I could, but I am no medic and even if I was, I certainly do not have the nmaterials at home to do anything more extensive than some simple stuff." She then added, truncating what she'd done, and also downplaying her own skills a bit. Sure, she wasn't a medic, but she was damn good to have around in an emergency due to the personal reading/studying that she'd done over the years.

"He needs someone to look over him that is actually qualified, and due to him not being human, I felt that here would be best, compared to a hospital."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 07:48:47 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......I see." Jake replied.

"Very well..." he muttered.

"If you want to just let me rot in the streets, I wouldn't blame you." Chris told him. "After all, it's what trash like me deserves." he said.

"...uh..." Jake muttered, almost flabbergasted.

"Wow. That's... what the hell happened to you?" he then asked, before it dawned on him.

"Oh! Ohhhhhh..." he said, shaking his head a little.

"Was wondering if it would ever happen." he admitted, before smirking in an almost satisfied manner, and unlocking the door.

"You act out of line, and you'll wish you were dead." he warned Chris.

"Not much of a threat." Chris admitted.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 07:52:48 )

Gemini was silent for a moment.

"I... what?" She asked before shaking her head.

"Whatever, not the time." She then said before thanking Jake and heading off with Chris, keeping in mind that she needed to inquire with Jake about the history the pair have, because it was pretty obvious there was one.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 08:08:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ty watched them go, before looking at Jake.

"Havin' a bit of schadenfreude, eh?" he asked.

"And it is... well, sweet, with an underlying sourness to it." Jake admitted.

"Let's just say that when this smug sense of satisfaction wears off, I'll be feeling bad for him." he finished.

"...right then." Ty responded, before heading inside as well.

Meanwhile, Chris remained silent as he and Gemini walked through the hallways, but he now looked a bit... unnerved.

'...who... who is here...?' he thought, seemingly sensing someone's presence.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 08:11:08 )

Gemini paused when he did.

"What is it, Chris?" She asked after a moment.

"Did something happen?" She added after a few seconds, concern in her voice. She didn't know his history, as it seemed that Jake did.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 08:26:21 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........no." Chris responded.

"Just... got a funny feeling, I guess." he told her.

'...who the hell is here?' he thought further.

'It can't be her... she wouldn't really be here...' he went on. '....who else could it be...?'[/i] he wondered further, before thinking about who else it might be.

And he REALLY hoped it wasn't the other one. The only person he feared more than Vanessa... was her mother.

'If it IS here... she'll find me. I know she will.' he silently gulped.

[b]Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 08:30:07 )

Gemini was silent for a moment, not entirely convinced, but also not forcing it.

". . . all right." Was all she said before they continued on down to the med wing to see who was there that could help out. After all was said and done, she made her way back up to where Jake was.

'Hey, question for you, Jacob." She said, having a tendency to use full names instead of shorthand with most people when talking to them face to face.

"How do you know him?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 22:17:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Jake looked over towards Gemini when she asked her question, and sighed.

"Well... how do I put this...?" he asked himself, thinking about it and mulling it over.

"One way to put it, is that at one point, we were both employed by the same person." he told her. "But that's being overly generous to the point of being inaccurate." he then said.

"To expand upon it, for a time in my past, I was under the control of the dark elf, Vanessa Encrae." he continued. "Run ragged, and forced to undergo testing and training, until it felt like my body would just fall apart and fray at the very seams." he went on.

"Chis there, was her willing and suckup lapdog." he then informed her, straight up.

"So if I were to wager a guess, he's either outlived his usefulness, or finally done something to make her SO angry at him, she finally gave him the boot." he continued.

"My guess is, the latter. Given how violently she seems to have tossed him away." he added at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 22:20:23 )

Gemini was silent before sighing.

"So, in essence, be saving him was really not the best idea." She stated simply.

"Although it could end up being the best thing to do, as well." She added, thinking about it for a moment.

"At least you got free though, if nothing else." She paused a moment, seeming to be puzzling over something.

"I... do wonder what it was that he did to cause such a reaction from her, though."

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they've got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 22:55:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"See, that's the thing." Jake said.

"We don't know what he's going to do now. What he'll be like." he told her.

"His world is broken. Shattered. He'll either turn to desperately wanting her to take him back, or become obsessed with paying her back for this." he went on.

"....or he'll continue to slowly wither himself to nothing..." he then mumbled.

"Regardless, you did what you felt was right, and I will not criticise that." he assured her.

"And yes, I broke free when she allowed me to go and shed my scales, which purifies my body, and rid me of her control." he then said further.

"Also, I wonder as well. Though I have my suspicions..." he added quietly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 04:35:59 )

Gemini was silent before sighing.

"I will go and let Sharp know about his arrival here, so as to ensure that someone can keep an eye on him at all times." She commented. With that, sh e waved and headed off, making sure he was aware that if he needed to get ahold of her for wahtever, he had her number.

---

Syraene paused as she was doing what she was.

"Hey, Ilias, do you need me for the moment?" She asked.

"... I got something I need to go check on."

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they've got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 05:17:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"See ya, Gem." Jake responded, before sighing as she left.

"....geez, Chris..." he mumbled.

"When you screw up, you do it in a BIIIIG way, it seems." he said further.

Meanwhile, when Syraene asked Illias her question, the gorgon looked to her in mild surprise.

"Oh? All right." he asked.

"No, no, I'm perfectly all right for now." he told her. "What you've mixed up already is more than enough for the next little bit." he assured her further.

"Go on and do what you need to do."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/21 05:25:35 )

"I... yeah... I'll be back soon as I can." Syarene said, seeming almost as if she was a bit distracted. With that, she left she followed the sense, the feeling, that has dthrough the halls, not entirely sure where it was that it was leading her.

It didn't take long for her to realise where though.

As she stepped into the med wing, she realised who, as well. She ignored everyone that was around her - not that there was many people - and just headed toward one fo the private areas in the back corner. The door was closed, but she didn't really care.

She knocked, and after she was beckoned to enter she did so, her cloak billowing behind her as would be expected.

"So either you're here at my daughters behest, or she finally disposed of the little rat that she had such an attachment too for so long." She stated, her voice cold.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.