Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Plans Fall Through

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/19 06:36:30 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well then, fair enough." Illias replied.

"Basically, I'll need someone to make some compounds for me." he told her.

He then went to the whiteboard that was there, and proceeded to write down what needed to be made.

"These being made will drastically increase the speed of completion." he informed Syraene.

"Meanwhile, I need to use the Thunder Weed right now." he went on.

"The sooner I use it, the more potent it is, the better the results will be." he finished.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/19 06:50:01 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

Syraene nodded.

"Of course." She stated with a light nod.

"Let's do what we need to." As she spoke she grabbed what she would need to do what she was offering to do, to help.

--

She was silent as she listened to what was being said.

"Seriously." She stated. It wasn't even a question, the serious tone made that quite apparent.

"This is why I had to seek outside help. You all are fucking useless." She half snarled. "At least if I get her to work with that dumbass djinn I spoke with before, the pair of them SHOULD be able to fix this problem."

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let you guard down // Get some of what they've got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/19 07:18:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Meanwhile, as ominous conversations were being had, someone else was dealing with problems of his own.

BIG problems.

He had been on the verge of death, he was sure. But in a last-minute act of desperation, he activated what little teleportation ability he had, and escaped to... somewhere.

He did not know where he was... all he knew was that he needed help. His torn and tattered cloak barely covered his strange greyish skin, but the bigger issue seemed to be that he was covered in bruises, welts, cuts, scratches, the works.

He trudged along a small deserted road, looking around, taking in his surroundings. In the distance, he saw a city, meaning he was probably in a suburb in the outskirts of said city, but he had no more strength to try and teleport again. So he just needed to keep moving. He needed to find help from... someone.

Anyone.

However, he felt even more of his strength leave him, and he collapsed to his hands and knees... before continuing to crawl along.

"...why...?" he asked quietly.

"I just... wanted to please her..." he said. "I wanted to help... I didn't know it would end up like this..." he said further, tears forming in his eyes.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/19 07:28:12 )

As he collapsed, someone had been checking their mail (despite the later hour). They froze as they witnessed him collapsing.

". . . what?" Their voice was quiet, barely heard by themselves, nevermind him before kicking the door open enough that it wouldn't latch shut and making their way over quickly.

"Hey, come on. Let's get you inside. I'll see if Ican help." As they neared, he could barely tell that it was a female with gorgeous skin.

She crouched down next to him and hefted him up, helping him to his feet, but not carrying him completely. She was strong, but not THAT strong. Once he was up and able to move, mostly, they made their way back into her house, with his weight largely on her. Once inside, she got him onto the couch and heading off. She returned a few seconds later with a first aid kit.

"You still awake?" She asked, her voice curious, concerned. She didn't know who this was, but knew that he needed help.

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let you guard down // Get some of what they've got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/19 08:00:39 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".......I am." the man responded.

"Who are you?" he then asked.

"Where am I?" he asked further.

He looked around, glad to be somewhere safe... he assumed.

But who was this person that had helped him?

Why did she seem so... different?

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/19 08:02:08 )

"Gemini." She answered as she got some stuff out of the kit.

"Tell me what the most pressing is, if you know." She then said as she met his gaze.

"I will get you to somewhere that can help you better, once I am sure you will survive long enough to get there." She added with a light sigh.

"And where? My home."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/19 08:11:17 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"..........." he was silent for a moment more, and then just slumped into the couch he was on.

"....it doesn't matter..." he said.

"I've been thrown away... abandoned... ostracised." he told her.

"She's done with me. She's thrown me away and is done with me. I dedicated my life to her, and now she's tossed me away." he continued.

"Even the pain in my side is nothing compared to the pain in my heart." he muttered.

Yes, all this DID sound dramatic, but it gave Gemini a clue as to what the most pressing issue was... and when she looked at his side, she saw many broken needles in it.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/19 08:19:08 )

"Ohhhh geez." Gemini muttered before sighing lightly.

"All right, lots of work to be done, it seems." She then said before starting to address his side, and the needles. It wasn't quick to do either. Took her nearly an hour before she sat back.

"Does that feel better?" She asked as she reached for her phone from the coffee table behind her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/19 08:26:05 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........sure." he responded.

"I mean, the pain in my side is kinda gone." he told her.

"The sharp part, anyway." he added.

Again, this was depressing and fatalistic, but it told her more info. Whatever was inside those needles was still in his system, and odds are... it wasn't pleasant.

"....why was I still trying to survive...?" he then mumbled.

"Trash should just rot." he sighed.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/19 09:42:15 )

Gemini just sighed lightly as he said what he did.

"Right, we'll have that dealt with after you're not dying." She said simply as she sent a text to someone that she was usually pretty good with.

Yo, Ty, the text started, and she was doing this quite quickly as well, without deviating much attention from the one on her couch.

Sharp's good with random people who need help getting help at the Unit, right? She asked before pausing. She didn't send it yet.

Because I got someone who looks like an elf here that needs help, desperately. I don't know who is in the med wing that CAN help for the moment, but I do know that he needs help. So even if not at the Unit, tell me where to take him.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/19 21:45:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a moment or two, she received a response.

Angela's not in the medical wing right now, she's dealing with her own issues, I am to understand. However, there IS still staff down there. But if this is truly an emergency, you might want to get them to a hospital immediately, like OLA or something. the first text read.

There anything I can do to help you with that? the second text asked.

Meanwhile, the male just continued to sit there, silent and defeated.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/19 23:53:27 )

Anything you can do to help? Yeah... help me get him to a hospital if the Unit isn't an option. Gemini answered.

I don't have a 'complete' license yet, remember. Meaning I can't drive him anywhere, and I also have no transportation mana. She finished with. She had no idea what it is that would happen next, or whatever, but she did know that there was a chance he wouldn't be able to help her at all, she had no idea. She just knew that she couldn't ge thim anywhere, alone.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 00:49:36 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

There was a bit of silence, before another text.

I'll either send someone that CAN teleport there, or I'll drive there myself. she then received.

How bad IS it? the next text asked.

Is time a factor here? And if so, how much of one? the last one inquired.

Meanwhile, the man just sighed again, as he looked around slightly.

"...why are you even helping me?" he asked Gemini.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 02:46:55 )

Gemini paused her typing of the text before sighing.

"Because you are a living being." She stated.

"You aren't dead, and if anything can be done to prevent you from dying, then it should be attempted." She added with a light shrug.

"If you decide to not let medics work on you, that is entirely on you. If you attack me and run now that I have done what I could, then that is your choice." She continued.

"But I refuse to just let you stay there and die." After she said what she did, she returned to typing.

I'm not entirely sure. He should probably be checked over relatively quickly, but I am not convinced he's about to die immediately. She sent to Ty

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 03:05:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

I'm near your place anyway. I'll swing by. Ty sent her.

Meanwhile, the man just smirked.

"...heh." he chuckled.

"Such a naive attitude." he commented.

"I can't say as I hate it." he then admitted.

".....yep, and now I feel ready to pass out." he suddenly mumbled, yawning.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 03:11:39 )

Thank you, Tyson. Gemini sent before looking toward the male she'd brought in.

"Hey, you can just relax. Chances are when you wake you will be somewhere else." She told him.

"There is no need for you to stress your body out." She then added kindly, calmly.

"Could I possibly get a name for you first?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 03:25:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

".........." the man was silent, before sighing dejectedly, in a defeated sort of way,

"....Jenkins." he said.

"Christopher Jenkins." he commented.

He then blinked a couple of times, and realized something.

"...wait..." he muttered.

"I feel ready to pass out... but my body and mind won't sleep..." he said, sounding confused.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 03:33:48 )

Gemini was silent for a moment.

'I.... not entirely sure what it is that could be causing that. Perhaps whatever mana was used by the one that did this damage." She commented, not sure beyond that. Even then, it was merely a guess, a speculation. There was no way that it could be anything more than that, sadly.

"But that really is just my guess. I have no way of knowing what the cause is."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 04:11:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." the man was silent.

"I am even denied the peace of rest." he said.

About 10 minutes later, after some awkward conversation, Gemini's cell went on, indicating a text.

I'm approaching your driveway. it read.

It was from Ty, obviously, and he was just at her place.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/20 04:28:35 )

Gemini checked her phone before looking toward Chris.

Our ride is just pulling up." She told him as she got to his feet before helping him to his as well.

"Come on." with that, they started to make their way to the doorway out.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.