Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Plans Fall Through

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/10 08:19:42 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal Sharp appeared in a small alley, behind a house that a family of Dryads lived in. However, he wasn't there for them, nor was this any kind of social call. He merely appeared there because he knew it was a safe place to, where nobody would see him. And he looked rather panicked.

'Damn it!' he thought, as he started to run.

'How could this have happened!?' he exclaimed mentally, making his way to the house that was his goal.

A while ago, he'd given his best medic, Angela, a dangerous artefact to safeguard... but it was pointless and useless without its matching counterpart, hence why he thought it would be safe with her, and she would be safe while she held it.

It seemed he was wrong.

Mere minutes ago, a woman showed up at his office with chilling news. The book and the pen had been reunited, and Angela was in deep trouble. He was also informed that the book and pen were responsible for his top tech in R&D, Kiah Remmington-Fyrane, to be in a state where her very life was in jeopardy.

So he needed to get there, and he needed to get there NOW.

As he quickly approached the front door, he saw that it was slightly ajar, which worried him even MORE.

'No, no, no, no, NO!' echoed throughout his mind, as he reached the door and burst through it, scared of what he would find inside. There was no time for plans or subtlety. This was a time for action.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/10 08:35:32 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

As he entered the house, he saw blood, a child he'd seen a fair bit recently in a heap on the floor, Angela holding her close and writing in a book. Before them was an elf, wearing a cloak that helped her blend in quite well, a short sword made of dark elf mana in her hand... and dripping blood.

Angela growled as she finished writing whatever it was that she was writing, mere moments before the elf was sucked out of the existence there for the moment. It was then that Hal could see that there was easily enough blood that the child was likely dead, having bled out. It didn't help that closely focusing on her for a few seconds revealing she wasn't breathing.

"Liv... I'm not losing you..." Angela said quietly before quickly writing more in the book, her bloody hand acting as a signature, expanding the effect a bit.

Mere seconds later, time seemed to freeze for a few seconds, and Angela hadn't seemed to notice Hal in the entranceway. Before he could even properly come to terms with what was going on, he was able to see the damage to Liv seem to rewind a bit. At the end, when time started to flow properly again, he heard a breath from Liv, but she was still unconscious, adn there was still a lot of blood.

Before he could even consider hurrying over to try and help, there was a blast from the book that knocked him out the door and onto his ass. When he got back in, he found both Angela and Liv against the wall, mother holding her daughter, and both seemingly unconscious - or dead. There was no way to know for the moment.

The book and pen... were gone.

♯Take me away upon a plateau, Far, far away from fears and shadow, Strengthen my heart in times of sorrow, Light the way to bright tomorrows♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/10 08:39:56 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......" Hal was silent as he witnessed all this, his brain trying to process what had happened, but he then shook his head and raced over towards the two of them.

"Angela! Olivia!" he exclaimed, checking their vitals.

He found them both to be alive... but barely. They needed medical attention, and they needed it NOW.

He bit his lip and used his mana to lift the two of them up, before they all disappeared from where they were, appearing in the emergency entrance of a hospital... one specifically for mages and mythicals.

"Someone, help!" he called out.

"These two could die if they're not seen immediately!" he added, referring to Liv and Angela.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/10 10:26:23 )

Hal was met with silence for longer than he would have liked - even though it was only a couple of seconds - before the two were taken to be addressed and taken care of. Hal, meanwhile, went and just sat down, needing to take a few seconds to wrap his mind around what it was that had happened while he was there, what he had witnessed.

Who was that elf that had been there, had been what he assumed was banished?

What had Angela done at the end to cause that what seemed to be nothing more than a rewind?

What had happened to Olivia in the first place?

And of course, where were the book and pen now?

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let you guard down // Get some of what they've got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/10 17:36:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As these questions swirled in his mind, he found himself growing more and more uneasy and almost panicked.

'How could this have happened?' he thought, before pausing. 'Wait, she told me. Ana.' he then realized, leaning forward and gnashing his teeth.

'WHY did this happen?' he asked himself.

He knew he wouldn't get any answers, though. So he got up and briefly stepped outside where he could use his cell phone.

"I need to tell him." he said. "But it seems he's been unreachable for a while now..." he mumbled further, before it came to him.

"Ah!" he exclaimed, before dialing the only other person he could think of right now; Aimee LeBlanc.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 03:37:36 )

He was left listening to the phone ring for longer than would be ideal before it was answered.

"Bonjour. You reached Aimee LeBlanc, to what do I owe this call?" She asked after answering it, and proving that she'd looked to her call display.

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let you guard down // Get some of what they've got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 04:02:12 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp just sighed quietly.

"I have a message for your son." he told her.

He then proceeded to tell her what he had encountered, what he had saw, what happened, and what he had done to try and help Liv and Angela, as well as where they were currently.

"Please let him know ASAP." he said.

"He deserves to know about this." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 04:08:12 )

Aimee was silent as Hal said all he did. After he'd finished, she spoke.

"Of course." She stated.

"I will tell him to hurry back and to stop by the hospital. Let me know if they are discharged before then, please." She added.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 04:36:29 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Thank you." Sharp replied.

"And I'm sorry for the circumstances that I am contacting you." he told her. "I truly wish it could have been under more fortunate circumstances." he added.

"But I digress, I will let you go." he then said.

"I'll let you know if they are discharged in the meantime, but... I highly doubt they will." he admitted.

"They... looked rather horrible..." he said candidly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 04:44:17 )

"I appreciate it. If anyone can get ahold of my son, it's me."Aimee said.

"I will call you with any information I have regarding it, unless Zeke stops by and speaks with you himself." She added.

"I'll talk to you later." With that, they said their goodbyes and ended the call. Aimee just sighed and got to her feet, knowing that she had to go through her husband in order to get their child.

She approached the rune that was on the wall in the den and activated it.It was essentially a phone call to that realm, to him specifically.

"Yuri, if he is not needed, I need Zeke home. Pronto. Something has happened here that he needs to be aware of."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 05:07:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Yuri was silent as he heard this.

"Very well." he replied.

"Things here are starting to wind down anyway." he told her.

"He'll be home within 5 minutes or so." he finished.

With that, the conversation was ended, and... sure enough, within 5 minutes, Zeke returned home.

"Mom?" she heard him call out to her.

"I'm home!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 05:10:36 )

"Thank you, Yuri." Aimee said with a soft smile to her voice before they ended the call. She canceled the rune and just sighed lightly as she made her way back downstairs.

After she heard her sons voice, she met him in the den.

"Zeke, there's... been an event back in San Diego." She told him honestly.

"Do you want to sit or stand for this...?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 05:27:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........" Zeke was silent as he heard his mother say what she did.

"That's ominous." he said.

"Extremely ominous." he muttered.

He then sighed, and sat down in the nearest chair.

"Usually it's best to sit in a situation like this." he commented.

"...what's up?" he asked hesitantly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 05:32:15 )

Aimee sat down across from him before sighing lightly.

"Angela and Olivia are in the hospital." She started, figuring that'd be a good way to start. Might as well get the hardest part out there. "Sharp called, and it wasn't pleasant." With that, she started to explain everything that he'd told her, making sure to not leave out any important details.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 05:58:46 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

As Aimee spoke to her son, she saw a range of emotions flash through his eyes, and show through in his expression.

Shock... disbelief... anger... guilt... sorrow... none of them were pleasant. But there was one thing she noticed that was a constant in all he was showing.

She could sense an underlying rage within him. One that she was familiar with, as she had seen it with his father. Back then, the rage wasn't directed at her, but towards someone that had nearly taken her life... and that rage was something she'd never seen before. The rage of an archangel.

"Damn it..." he cursed.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it..." he repeated.

"I'll kill her." he then hissed.

"I'll find that bitch... and I'll murder her." he snarled, his hands tightly clenched into fists.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 06:02:19 )

"Hey, Zeke, chill." Aimee said, fully realising how useless saying that would be.

"Save that rage, that vengeance, for when Angela and Olivia are all right. Right now, you need to be with them, NOT out seeking vengeance." She then stated, sounding like someone who had certainly dealt with someone ready to fly off the handle - much as his father likely had in the past.

"You need to be there for her, for them, first and foremost. I will see what I can find to help with finding the elf."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 06:24:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

At first, Zeke's rage seemed to just intensify... until it suddenly disappeared.

"...I..." he stammered.

"You're.... you're right..." he admitted.

"You're absolutely right. I need to get there, and I need to be with them." he agreed. "They need me. Now, more than ever before." he reasoned.

He then paused for a moment, let out a long and drawn-out sigh, and looked towards the floor, biting his lip.

"...damn it..." he cursed again, but this time it was much quieter, and filled with sadness.

"...I failed them..." he said to himself.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 06:40:04 )

"Zeke, it's ok." Aimee said with a soft smile.

"Just go be with them." She paused a moment resting ahand on her sons.

"That's the best you can do." She added before pausing.

"Meanwhile, I'll see if I can find any information on the elf, ok?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 07:00:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"........." Zeke was silent once more.

".......yeah." he then said.

"Yeah. Yeah, okay." he repeated.

He then lurched forward and wrapped his arms around his mother, holding her close. As he did so, Aimee could feel how close he was to tears.

But it seemed like he was also trying to compose himself, and she knew he'd be doing it for Angela and Liv. He'd at least act like he was composed and calm.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/11 07:01:47 )

Aimee returned the embrace, h olding him as only a mother could.

"It's ok." She said with a soft smile, a calm tone to her voice.

"If you want to break down and cry before you go, do so. I'm not going to leave you if you don't wish it." She added after a moment or two.

"All right?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.