Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing When Plans Fall Through

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 05:35:13 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

".....hm." Sharp mumbled.

"I see." he said further.

"This is... an interesting development." he commented.

"Really doesn't add much to the situation, though." he then said further.

"Illias is working his fingers to the bone in the lab, too." he added with a small sigh.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 05:38:18 )
That calm serenity of hers... it belongs to me, now.

"I know he is." Syraene commented with a light sigh.

"I've been down there helping. Figure I'm here, might as well do what I can to help." She then said.

"Speaking of, I should probably head back and see if he's made any progress, or possibly hit a wall. I have no idea."

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they've got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 05:58:07 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Very well." Sharp responded.

"Let me know how he's doing, if you can." he told her.

"Unfortunately, I still have mounds of work to do, and it doesn't all stop because of a crisis." he muttered further, shaking his head a little.

"Regardless, thank you for your opinions on our guest." he then said.

"In due time, he'll atone for his crimes, I assure you." he added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 05:59:27 )

"Good." Was all Syraene said before waving and heading off to help Ilias out again.

She made her way down to where he was and stepped back inside.

"Hey Ili! I'm back if you need me." She said as she stepped into the room.

"Anything I can do?"

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they've got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 06:25:10 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Illias didn't respond to her, but she could see something was wrong.

He was leaning on one of the tables, his hands in his hair, his face looking downwards.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it." he growled.

"This should be working! Why isn't this working!?" he asked himself.

He was then silent, and looked over towards Syraene.

"...I don't know, can you?" he asked.

"My calculations and formulae say that what I made in phase 3 should combine with the compounds in phase 4, but it's NOT happening." he told her.

"So if you explain why they're not behaving as the science says they should, they would be grand."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 06:33:25 )

Syraene was silent.

"I..." She paused a moment.

"I ... have no idea." She then said. "You... you're the scientist."

"Can I borrow your phone?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 06:41:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Illias just sighed again.

"Over there." he said, gesturing to a phone that was by the door.

"Battery's at about 65% last I checked, so it should still have power." he told her.

He then sighed once more, and ruffled his hands through his hair.

"Damn it, damn it, why isn't it working!?" he growled to himself.

"The formulae make sense, but something is missing..."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 06:43:06 )

Syraene made hre way over the phone unlocked with with the passcode that she knew due to her position, and sighed as she scrolled through his contacts. Once she found who she was looking for, she just sighed.

"Hey, Sharp, question." She started.

"You too busy to talk for a moment? I know I was just there, but...." She trailed off with a sigh.

"Look, just yes or no? I'll make my back up, I just don't want to if you're completely unavailable for the moment."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 07:01:32 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I can talk." Sharp responded.

"I have a lot of paperwork, but it's steady paperwork. I'm not overly swamped or drowning in it or anything." he told her.

"So if you want to talk over the phone, go ahead." he said.

"Otherwise, I'll be expecting you in my office. Feel free to just walk in without knocking." he finished.

Meanwhile, Illias was staring at the whiteboard, which had scribbles all over it.

"Why aren't they bonding!?" he asked himself.

"They should combine. What is it that's missing!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 07:03:55 )

"I'll be there momentairily." Syraene said before hanging up and looking back to Ilias. She sighed lightly before just leaving. She didn't think he'd even notice, or hear her if she tried to tell him what she was doing.

She made her way back up to Sharp's office before entering as he said.

"Ilias has seriously run into issues." She told him.

"He can't figure out what it is that could be the issue, and I certainly have no idea." She paused a moment.

"Do you have ANY possible ideas? Or solutions? Paths to follow to possibly find the answer?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 07:18:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Sharp grimaced when Syraene said what she did.

"Damn it." he cursed.

"I don't." he said.

"Illias is one of our top scientists, aside from Kiah." he told her.

"And I don't know if Kiah's head would be in the game right now, given what she's recovering from." he then said further, shaking his head.

"I can try and get some outside help in, but there's no guarantee that it would work." he went on.

"I'd have to try and find people that are qualified for this level of work, see if I can take them away from whatever they're working on, it could be a mess to try and get them here." he continued.

"But... I can try that, at the very least."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 07:21:31 )

As Hal said what he did, Syraene just growled. He could see she was about ready to punch a wall or something, but she was managing to hold that back.

It wasn't too surprising that she was at the end of her rope though, admittedly. Her life, her work, was in shambles due to what was going on, and considering the fact that he had seen her sand was black as the dead of night, it wasn't hard to believe that some of the corruption had reached her. Thanktfully, not enough to truly get in the way.

"Lovely." She muttered before pausing, and sighing.

". . . . Vanessa would be able to help, I'm sure. She has more resources than you do."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 07:40:26 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I know." Sharp replied.

"But... she's already been here and offered assistance. It was little, but helpful." he went on.

"...I doubt she'd be in any hurry to return." he commented further.

"And we have no way to contact her or find her, or anything." he went on.

"...frankly, if I were to see her again, I would... well, I don't know what would happen, admittedly." he then admitted further, before taking a large gulp of coffee.

"Damn it." he cursed, setting the mug down.

"She really IS our best hope right now, but she may as well be a legendary cryptid; said to exist, but impossible to prove or find."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 07:43:50 )

Syraene was silent for a moment before sighing.

"I really wish that Van----" She paused before shrugging, "that Vanessa had any sort of idea what it was that was going on, that we need her help." Was all she said. She had no idea if he'd actually grant it, but she hoped she would, she wouldn't lie.

Of course, she started saying it without thinking, since it was just a phrase that was often used colloquially, but that didn't mean it wasn't ever a true wish.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 08:04:33 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Without a word, Sharp snapped his fingers.

"Done." he said.

"We'll see what happens." he told her.

"Admittedly, I don't control exactly WHAT happens with wishes like that." he then admitted.

"But we'll see what happens." he repeated.

He then sighed, and shook his head.

"....thank you for making that wish." he told her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 08:07:09 )

"Thanks for granting it." Syraene said with alight sigh.

---

About fifteen minutes after Syraene had made her wish, Jake was visited by someone seeking entrance.

"Yo. Wanna let me in?" Someoen said to Jake as they stepped inside. When he looked up, he saw someone who, last he heard, was still on leave due to not being in the right headspace to be there fore the moment.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 08:26:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Huh?" Jake muttered.

"Back already?" he asked.

He then reached for the buzzer door, pushing.

"Go on in." he told her, his tongue assessing the situation, and finding the person to be who she looked like.

"How are you doing?" he then asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 10:50:38 )

"Meh." She answered with a shrug.

"I'm alive. Still terrified." She then answered before sighing and running her hand through her hair - a trait that she shared with another member of her family.

"But that's just a thing. Anyway, I'm not back already, at least not willingly. I just need to deliver something to Sharp." With that, she walked through the door, sighing lightly as she did so. As she passed him, he could see how she really wasn't in the right head space, still, to be there. If anything, this would be a good chance for Sharp to see how what had happened before was still eating her up inside. Her mana was still a little out of sorts, but that was nothign serious anymore.

She made her way up to his office before knocking. Sharp had Syraene answer the door, and when she did, she paused.

"Kiah?" Syraene asked before stepping aside so the alchemist could make her way in.

"Sharp, let's not beat around the bush." Kiah started before pulling a small, about three inch cubed, ornate box.

"I received this on my table." She started before hodling it out, but not close enough for him to take - and not allowing him to take it either, "with a note attached saying that I needed to bring it here, along with the one that would be contained within nromally - if this were the real thing - to you." She said. There was something to her voice that almost couldn't be identified. Sharp could see Syraene's concern, and almost how she was studying the one who had arrived.

After a few seconds, Syraene just shook her head.

There was no elven mana attached to her.

That box she was holding on the other hand was steeped in it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 21:31:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"......." Sharp was silent as Kiah came in and said all she did, as well as showed him the box.

"...wait..." he then said.

"Wait, wait, hang on a moment..." he mumbled further, looking at the box.

"That box..." he muttered, looking at it again, seemingly studying it hard. After another moment or two, his eyes popped open wide, as it came to him.

"....it can't be..." he whispered.

"Hailie!?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/07/22 22:18:57 )

The two females were silent as Sharp said what he did. After he stated all he did, the box that Kiah was holding seemed to glow for a moment, before a form came out of it. The mana used for that wasn't entirely accurate to what Sharp would know it to be. This wasn't the original box for her, and as a result, there was some mana used to allow this to work this way - but it still wasn't accurate.

Before him, and beside Kiah, was a woman with dark skin, black hair with a couple of gold streaks, a simple pair of black jeans with some gold trim and accentuation, a dark gold top that had a deep blue vest over it that reached her knees. Her wrists had bangles on them as well.

"Yo." She said with a wave.

♯Knock 'em in the teeth now // Never let your guard down // Get some of what they\'ve got // 'Have its' and the 'have nots'♯
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.