Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Unusual Personality Quirks: What Are Yours?

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 12:49:05 )
Do you talk to plants?
Think really weird and usual things are adorable?
Sleep in a weird or unusual way?

Perhaps something you do strikes others as “odd.”
This is the thread for those. :3

Feel free to share!

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 12:59:44 )
X X X

Hey! I’m perfectly normal! My psychiatrist said so!

*pets plant*
Don’t listen to that silly person, Neville. He doesn’t know what he’s saying.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 16:38:45 )

[ I sing to my pets, and say good morning, hi, bye, all those every day. Say bless you, whenever they sneeze. I talk to my pets. Also I'm a furry. That's considered odd. Also I squeak whenever I'm startled. ]

Donator — FluffyBoi Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 17:04:32 )
Uh, sometimes I drool in my sleep. Then there's the whole talking to myself.
Lucifer's Pet

Donator Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 18:04:28 )

I talk to my cats.

Donator — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 18:40:54 )
uh, yeah. lots of things. things I'm not gonna say because people will think I'm a freak.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 18:56:52 )

I talk to my cat too. He loves it!
He’s a strange boy though.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Troglodyte Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 19:00:22 )

I think the whole talking to your pets thing is just a thing people do since i see so much of it. xD
hell, there are lot's of people who talk to their roombas and treat them like pets! humans in general are a weird species and it's wonderfully hilarious.

i don't talk to my roomba tho.

i don't have one.

i can't think of anything particularly strange about me. nothing stands out as unusual.
i've apologized to inanimate objects i've bumped into in the past. name(d) objects i own. I don't think those are particularly unusual traits tho.
Awkward? very.
one time i walked into the very tiny break room at my old job for my break, and another co-worker happened to be there. For whatever reason, i felt compelled to apologize to them just for coming into the room. So, i did. lmaoooo.

Voltie — He/Him Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 19:10:41 )
I'm not too sure about what would be considered odd about myself, since I'm usually just me, and don't really look around or hear what other say about me or things I do that could possibly be considered weird, I suppose?

Though apparently sometimes my word choice and particular actions lead to my family joking that I'm a robot, or something of the like.

For an example, about a year ago, this happened:
Anonymous:
My dad: (to me) Why don't you finish your food?
Me: Yeah, I'm processing.
Sister: Did he just say "processing"? (*gives me a weird look*). It's times like these that I understand why the three laws of robotics exist.

Though I'm still not too sure why she picked that phrase to comment upon, after all, we do process food, is it not?

Another time I said something, either "Not particularly" or "Perhaps" in place of either "Not really" or "Maybe" and my sister said I sounded like an old geezer.
"I'm the loser of the game you didn't know you were playing."

Ping me for a response.

"Someday, somewhere, somehow..."

Donator — Winchester Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 19:14:55 )
X X X

@Dipper: we digest, not process

And I also sometimes sound like an old geezer. What I heard, that is a sign of asperger Syndrome.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 20:55:37 )
Millet, spilling the tea:

Ugh I HATE it but I think out loud a lot and replay things in my head and it makes people think I'm crazy and talking to myself a storm.
like I'm muttering to the point they can't make out what I'm saying clearly but still I just look like a madwoman.
like sometimes if I'm happily thinking of my cat lacey and how she meows, I always meow back at her so I may mutter a meow under my breath like a total friggin loser hahaa

I've been told on numerous occasions my face doesn't match my 'tone'. So if I'm being like sweet and sincere I'll look like I'm really sad?
and if I'm just thinking I look angry? IDK, I don't look. "Why are you smirking?" "Idk" I also never trained myself to make eye contact.
If I super focus and concentrate I can and try to remind myself if I'm saying something serious or important but otherwise my eyes are darting around the entire friggin' room: This is because I'm rarely living in the 'now' I live very much so in my head so when I talk I'm actively imagining whatever I'm talking about.

Just an awkward mess.

Donator — She/Her Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 22:33:55 )
I would give anything for you to shine down on me

I also talk to myself and animals in the room with me
i sing to myself randomly, which usually means i'm bored and either need to listen to music or entertain myself

i think the weirdest thing i do is check my wrist when i'm trying to estimate an arrival or figure out a time to meet up, etc.
ya'll i don't wear or have a watch, so i'm just staring at my bare wrist thinking about time

@ me tho. | Hangout. | OCs. | Avatars.
looking to buy: ARIES

Voltie — Anything Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 22:50:02 )
Hm, Weird things about me...Well The sleep thing reminds me I can and have fallen asleep standing up before!
I also find insects such as spiders and centipedes adorable, in which alot of people disagree. LOL
Something else maybe a bit unusual.... I get addicted to certain foods easily. One time for a month or some straight, I would just eat subway sandwiches everyday and nothing else. But maybe that's not weird.

Voltie Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 23:30:06 )
I talk to myself as if there's another person in me? does that count? haha. I like making scenarios in my head and then answer my own questions etc.And yes, like many people that posted, I love talking to animals. They are like cute little babies to me :3

Voltie — Anything Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 23:36:40 )
Ya know, for me. I used to stare at walls all the time and just think or imagine things in my head all the time. I also like talk to myself kind of. People find it weird, but I can’t help it when shiz gets boring yo. <u>

Donator — Trash Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 23:45:34 )

@Pasu: omg I do the same thing! I get bored pretty easily so I tend to zone out and end up staring in one direction lol.

Art Thread | Garage Sale

Voltie — Anything Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/19 23:51:38 )
I need to work on it. Lol. <u>

Voltie — She/They Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 19:58:51 )
I like this q. I'm gonna say it's probably the fact I forget to breath. It used to be really bad when I was younger, and it usually happens when I focus hard, zone out, or get lost in my own head.

@emeraldthealien: I am addicted to Subway's southwest chipotle & creamy sriracha sauces. I've tried so hard to recreate them & failed. If I could, I totes would eat 'em more often.

Donator — They/Them Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 20:55:33 )
╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍
@Dipper: Thank God I'm not the only one that uses awkward vocabulary for ordinary situations.
I once got asked, "Why do you keep using big words? It's not an essay."
But for me it's a force of habit, especially when explaining something I'm passionate about.
On the flipside, in extreme circumstances, the only words I can ever seem to find are swears and the occasional "wow" or "yikes."

╍╍Gʀᴇᴇᴛɪɴɢꜱ Fʀᴏᴍ╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍╍Tʜᴇ Lᴏɴᴇʟʏ Cɪᴛʏ╍╍
Pʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ @ ᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀ ʀᴇꜱᴘᴏɴꜱᴇ.

Voltie — Princess Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/04/20 21:12:17 )

hmm I have an inner monologue in my head like I am explaining my own actions to myself..Sometimes I imagine myself telling my little sister about how I am and what new discoveries I've made about life even though I haven't seen her in over 10 years and am not likely to see her anytime soon. This has been going on since I was a child and people called me a daydreamer cos I would space out alot. When I got bored I retreated into my own head and chased and explored all the thoughts.

I do get tunnel vision on alot of things and forget about food and drink. Sometimes I lose days down one hole or another. I seem to like minutia. Also, I am constantly discovering new things about myself like "I couldnt do that before, how did that happen?!"

Always ping me please.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.